Let's talk about Dual Wielding...

"
tinko92 wrote:
What other skills are being used (more) while DW since and because of the buff?

All the skills you listed as examples that don't count.

I'm retreading well-worn ground here so forgive my lack of patience to explain things thoroughly, but let me just summarize it thus:
Before if you were using a setup that included these "not really dual wielding skills" you listed above, you would most likely want to use a shield because you'd be giving up too much for way too little by stat-sticking an offhand. Now it's a viable decision between offense and defense.

They wanted more people to dual wield using skills other than Dual Strike. Now there are more people dual wielding using skills other than dual strike. I fail to see how this was an unsuccessful change.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:

They wanted more people to dual wield using skills other than Dual Strike. Now there are more people dual wielding using skills other than dual strike. I fail to see how this was an unsuccessful change.

How do you know this?
I mean, really, how do you know there are more people right now using other skills in dualwield?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
How do you know this?
I mean, really, how do you know there are more people right now using other skills in dualwield?

He just told you.

Come on man, what more can you ask for?

Spoiler
<.<
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Well yes, now it's a fine tradeoff for a shield, but only for physical damage builds.

Obviously they wanted that, players going dual wield to attack with one weapon only, which doesn't surprise anyone after reading that Reave is primarily a DW skill.

Which brings us again to the skill issue, you'd still use DS as a skill while DW even after the 20% physical buff in 90%+ of the cases if you want the most DPS out of DW.

While this change was a nice thing for physical builds, it's just a simple and blunt change, leaving elemental builds sucking a big one and still having DS as a #1 damage skill, that's why I'd say it wasn't a successful change.
It brought attention to Reave-Knockback DW thing, I can't think of anything else which wouldn't prefer using DS instead efficiency-wise.

We've got melee elemental DPS suck a big one in DW and with 2-handers.

I'll probably retract out of here too, I've said my thing, skills for dual wielding are the issue here.
And the Cyclone not using both weapons is a huge facepalm as well.
Does dual wielding not get an inherent bonus out of elemental damage because they are accounted for 2x, one for each weapon. (on gear and aura's i mean)

I believe this is why only physical damage was added to the buff.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Does dual wielding not get an inherent bonus out of elemental damage because they are accounted for 2x, one for each weapon. (on gear and aura's i mean)

I believe this is why only physical damage was added to the buff.

Well the same can be said of Physical Damage on Gear.. :S

WTB Physical Damage Aura.. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
gilrad wrote:

How do you know this?

I made a new dual wield character after the buff. I am not using dual strike. I think +1 counts as more?
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Hatred.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Boem wrote:

Not exactly.

---

Dual Strike hits with both weapons at 90% DE each, for a total of 180% DE. In the case of Wrath/Anger (and added damage on all gear slots other than weapons, and added damage support gems on Dual Strike itself), this means you get 1.8x the listed base addition.

DE is the simplest way to reason about skill damage. If you run Wrath and it adds +L lightning, then Dual Strike adds 1.8L base lightning, Heavy Strike adds 1.5L base lightning, Double Strike adds 1.4L base lightning, Infernal Blow adds 1.25L base lightning, Flicker Strike adds 1.25L base lightning, and so on.

---

On-weapon damage (physical or otherwise) is considered base damage. Dual Strike hits with both weapons at the same time, but each weapon only adds its on-weapon damage once. If you have a stick with +X fire and another stick with +Y cold (and no other additions), Dual Strike will hit for .9X fire and .9Y cold base.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Hatred.

Hatred does Elemental Damage.. ~.^

I meant flat Physical Damage, similar to Anger/Wrath.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jun 13, 2014, 4:23:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info