Diablo Clone very unlikely to live to long.. Gameplay is way off. Feedback. (outdated)

"
meggiroth wrote:
I know the troll army will be overly defensive as usual so I'll adress the only one with a brain in this thread.

@Charan - Regarding what the op said about missing attacks do you belive missing most of your attacks and having to waste a ton of skill tree points just to hit something feel like good game design?
Do you find that as a fun mechanic?

You don't "have" to waste any points, you can also pick an item or to with +accuracy rating or +dex mods until you get to a point where you can fix it easily with points.

Also do you think hitting automatically with every single attack you make is a good game design or a fun mechanic? What would be the point of Dex(other than more evasion rating) if you got rid of the accuracy rating? Do you hit everything you aim or swing at in reality?

Are there issues with the game? Sure there are, realistically speaking nothing can ever be perfect for all parties involved. Perfection quiet simply is a human idea, flaws are part of everything it all boils down do can you deal with those flaws and if not then its not for you.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on May 13, 2012, 11:02:39 AM
If you're not mentally challenged, you do hit everything you swing at, unless the object you're trying to hit is evading you, but that obviously falls under the 'evasion' stat.

I'm not saying hit % is bad, diablo 2 had it after all, but you most certainly do hit things the size of a large dog and upwards all the time in real life.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 13, 2012, 11:03:10 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
If you're not mentally challenged, you do hit everything you swing at, unless the object you're trying to hit is evading you, but that obviously falls under the 'evasion' stat.

I'm not saying hit % is bad, diablo 2 had it after all, but you most certainly do hit things the size of a large dog and upwards all the time in real life.

But how do you simulate things moving out of the way with the slightest movement(evasion)? Are things going to twitch and move slightly out of the way? When it comes to Melee I think accuracy rating is what determines the likely hood of hitting a target that is actively trying to evade. So would you not say that being accurate will help you hit an evading target more readily than if you blindly swung?

Also what of ranged? Do you hit everything at range all the time?
Last edited by Zeshin on May 13, 2012, 11:10:23 AM
Doesn't the game have both an evasion and a hit stat?
That's what I mean. People will evade your hits, but not hitting someone who is standing still makes no sense.

It's rather irrelevent either way.
Realism arguments make zero sense in ARPGs in the first place.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on May 13, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
Think of accuracy rating in melee as a reduction in the chance something will dodge you, that's how I'm looking at it. I completely understand what your getting at BTW.

But its reality what shapes and informs our thought process. Without reality there would be no ARPG lol.

Anyways the core of the issue was does it come down to a good or bad game mechanic. Personally I like +hit being in game it means if I focus all my stats in a specific area say crit I may not land a hit with every swing.
Last edited by Zeshin on May 13, 2012, 11:20:52 AM
I personally don't like the mechanic.
It's ultimately just not fun at all to miss attacks, and even if you have a high hit chance, it's not a fun stat to itemise.

Damage stats are awesome, you can see the impact immediately, the same goes for crits and whatever other damage increasers, they help you do MORE damage.
Everybody likes that.

All high hit chance does is stop you from doing LESS damage.

Imo, choices between defensive and offensive stats, high damage or lower damage but higher % crits etc are much more interesting.

Maybe you should level up a bit first before crying like a little bitch and wondering why your character is not a god at level 5
ign: zigkut_
Last edited by Delusional_ on May 13, 2012, 11:47:28 AM
"
Tagek wrote:

Hey guys we got a badass over here. Man u must be freaking good in combat sports and archery. Maybe ill see you on television for the Olympics.

Please teach me master.

Ok no more trolling, i do believe you are missing because these monsters have an evasion rating and thus lowering your chance to hit. Maybe i am wrong but this is how it feels.

P.S you should enroll in ops and become a sniper since you wont miss any shit. You will be the ace of ace.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
Silty wrote:
"
Mechabolic wrote:
Perhaps everyone needs to take a step back and play this for a bit: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

That's an opinion! :P

That's not an opinion, that's a demand sucka!

Also, are stats really that much of a bother to people? This thread is silly.
"
Delusional_ wrote:
Maybe you should level up a bit first before crying like a little bitch and wondering why your character is not a god at level 5

Or maybe he should quit nut-hugging Blizzard and quit trolling a perfectly good free-to-play game. Just because a game has the same elements of a different game doesn't mean it is trying to be a clone. So Call of Duty is a shooter omg it's a Doom clone. Path of Exile is in no way trying to be a Diablo clone. It's trying to appeal to fans of the genre and give them a great free-to-play experience which you can't see because your head is so far up Blizzards butthole. If you like Diablo so much you should of posted this over on the Diablo forums, and keep us from reading your garbage. If you don't like the game GTFO or STFU. Thanks, have a good day. And Grinding Gears keep up the good work. You have a great free-to-play game here. One of the best i have played in awhile
Last edited by UndeadCreepshow on May 13, 2012, 12:17:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info