Diablo Clone very unlikely to live to long.. Gameplay is way off. Feedback. (outdated)

"
meggiroth wrote:
I know the troll army will be overly defensive as usual so I'll adress the only one with a brain in this thread.

@Charan - Regarding what the op said about missing attacks do you belive missing most of your attacks and having to waste a ton of skill tree points just to hit something feel like good game design?
Do you find that as a fun mechanic?

Why the heck are you asking me? I didn't even address that point. Trolls or not, others here have shown more concern about this than I have.

But fine: I've had no issues hitting things unless I let my 'chance to hit' slide a bit and that's rectified by putting points into dexterity or passives that increase accuracy. This is no different than what happened on Diablo 2 -- especially with builds that had to juggle all four stats, as many of my concept builds did and do.

In fact, I found the chance to hit mechanic of Diablo 2 far less forgiving than PoE's -- often you'd see a Paladin that had neglected to take care of its chance to hit whiffing with Zeal repeatedly. I used to joke that Zeal couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but that it swung so fast, sooner or later a hit would land.

A bit mean of me, but it's what I'd observed.

My very low level Shadow air-swings on occasion with his chance-to-hit at 84% but I'll be adding raw dexterity for the next few levels as I travel down towards more IAS a bit south of his starting point.

So your question of whether or not I think it's a 'fun' mechanic is baffling. I don't play these games for 'fun' mechanics. I play them because they're challenging, they force me to be creative, there's a shit-tonne of loot to be found, they're occasionally difficult, and, most importantly, they're balanced to be hard but not impossible for a wide variety of playstyles.

...I don't think keeping your dexterity/accuracy at an acceptable level requires 'a tonne of points' or that not doing so means you'll never, ever hit. You might miss more, but to say that you need to use that many skill points just to land a single hit is...most ironically, way off the mark.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
meggiroth wrote:
I know the troll army will be overly defensive as usual so I'll adress the only one with a brain in this thread.

@Charan - Regarding what the op said about missing attacks do you belive missing most of your attacks and having to waste a ton of skill tree points just to hit something feel like good game design?
Do you find that as a fun mechanic?

Why the heck are you asking me? I didn't even address that point. Trolls or not, others here have shown more concern about this than I have.

But fine: I've had no issues hitting things unless I let my 'chance to hit' slide a bit and that's rectified by putting points into dexterity or passives that increase accuracy. This is no different than what happened on Diablo 2 -- especially with builds that had to juggle all four stats, as many of my concept builds did and do.

In fact, I found the chance to hit mechanic of Diablo 2 far less forgiving than PoE's -- often you'd see a Paladin that had neglected to take care of its chance to hit whiffing with Zeal repeatedly. I used to joke that Zeal couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but that it swung so fast, sooner or later a hit would land.

A bit mean of me, but it's what I'd observed.

My very low level Shadow air-swings on occasion with his chance-to-hit at 84% but I'll be adding raw dexterity for the next few levels as I travel down towards more IAS a bit south of his starting point.

So your question of whether or not I think it's a 'fun' mechanic is baffling. I don't play these games for 'fun' mechanics. I play them because they're challenging, they force me to be creative, there's a shit-tonne of loot to be found, they're occasionally difficult, and, most importantly, they're balanced to be hard but not impossible for a wide variety of playstyles.

...I don't think keeping your dexterity/accuracy at an acceptable level requires 'a tonne of points' or that not doing so means you'll never, ever hit. You might miss more, but to say that you need to use that many skill points just to land a single hit is...most ironically, way off the mark.

In my experience today, a lot of gamers aren't looking for any of those things. They want the game to do things for them and they don't want to have to make any decisions on their own.
They just want to click and watch things die/explode without any thought.
It is a shame! I haven't had any issues hitting things either, but I've always known to keep points in Dex to avoid whiffing on stuff. I am a big fan of the balancing act you must play with stats.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
BrecMadak wrote:
"
Bigtqb wrote:
Im a true diablo fan and have worked my way up in graphics.

come on 1 was crap still loved, 2 couldnt tell the difference but still played because of the great gameplay of its time.

The best part of this pathetic post by a typical blizz boy. Hahaha i lol'ed really so hard so you say diablo 1 is crap boy eh ? I think this just can't get any more hilarious than this.

You made my day.

That one cracked me up also. Diablo 1 was easily my favorite.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
It's something that someone says when they never actually played either game (D1 or D2), if you get what I'm implying.
The irony here being not that D1 and 2 were either good or bad games, but that he says 'Im a true diablo fan' followed by saying neither game were that good.

I guess we differ on what being a 'fan' entails!
*WARNING* - expect typos!
"
krismikehunt wrote:
The irony here being not that D1 and 2 were either good or bad games, but that he says 'Im a true diablo fan' followed by saying neither game were that good.

I guess we differ on what being a 'fan' entails!

I think we all pounced that quote. It was too easy.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Sorrowfal wrote:
"
Bigtqb wrote:
This game at first was great, on friday only because their were very few people logging on...

As for me im awaiting Diablo 3 so I know a load of people are looking for something to hold them off until it release monday..

As for my thread the gameplay feels like crap, like a ps2 game or something, I feel like my character hits like a girl, or someone chopping at a damn tree.. Wheres the intense hit in a regular hit??? I dont want my other skills hitting just a tad bit harder... I want to see my enemy taking the blow to the damn head or body and flying a bit or a little animation.

The potions make no sense either... why do i have like 5 or 6 slots for potions that refill AND it only reloads one at damn time and barely my health ones...

Also the combat is way off I cant even hit my damn target right without it moveing every damn time or missing a slight bit.... makes no sense for a miss on my skills either.

I dont know but this game wont be better then Diablo 3 but its a good attempt, and for 20 bucks or 10 you cant go wrong but I got 60$ so its all good. I want good gameplay but this feed back to help them out so....

Im not sure if you and I were playing the same game. Its sad that the younger generation is all about the graphics and not the actual gameplay. I can tell the person who wrote this is 12-18 years old and has never enjoyed a good game from the good old days. Graphics dont mean a thing if the game isnt fun. Enjoy Diablo 3 cause its obvious you should be playing dumbed down games.

Nice example of PoE forum.. people are very defensive about this game..even when PoE has tons of issues..and he has a point.

Animations are just not good...even devs agree with it. Combat feel very clunky, soft, without any real impact mostly because of bad animation handling. Some effects for skills are in sad state (ground slam - I am looking at you)..and devs agree too. Many things are wrong with combat. Combat really needs a lot of polish to be comparable with D3 or Torchlight 2 but I believe they are capable to pull it off and have combat with good feel..but they are not here yet.

I wont discuss other problems. But I want just say the guy, who you quoted had a point and you were just blindly whining because he "touched your tralala, your ding ding dong" .
Last edited by ManiaCCC on May 13, 2012, 8:58:22 AM
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
Sorrowfal wrote:
"
Bigtqb wrote:
This game at first was great, on friday only because their were very few people logging on...

As for me im awaiting Diablo 3 so I know a load of people are looking for something to hold them off until it release monday..

As for my thread the gameplay feels like crap, like a ps2 game or something, I feel like my character hits like a girl, or someone chopping at a damn tree.. Wheres the intense hit in a regular hit??? I dont want my other skills hitting just a tad bit harder... I want to see my enemy taking the blow to the damn head or body and flying a bit or a little animation.

The potions make no sense either... why do i have like 5 or 6 slots for potions that refill AND it only reloads one at damn time and barely my health ones...

Also the combat is way off I cant even hit my damn target right without it moveing every damn time or missing a slight bit.... makes no sense for a miss on my skills either.

I dont know but this game wont be better then Diablo 3 but its a good attempt, and for 20 bucks or 10 you cant go wrong but I got 60$ so its all good. I want good gameplay but this feed back to help them out so....

Im not sure if you and I were playing the same game. Its sad that the younger generation is all about the graphics and not the actual gameplay. I can tell the person who wrote this is 12-18 years old and has never enjoyed a good game from the good old days. Graphics dont mean a thing if the game isnt fun. Enjoy Diablo 3 cause its obvious you should be playing dumbed down games.

Nice example of PoE forum.. people are very defensive about this game..even when PoE has tons of issues..and he has a point.

Animations are just not good...even devs agree with it. Combat feel very clunky, soft, without any real impact mostly because of bad animation handling. Some effects for skills are in sad state (ground slam - I am looking at you)..and devs agree too. Many things are wrong with combat. Combat really needs a lot of polish to be comparable with D3 or Torchlight 2 but I believe they are capable to pull it off and have combat with good feel..but they are not here yet.

I wont discuss other problems. But I want just say the guy, who you quoted had a point and you were just blindly whining because he "touched your tralala, your ding ding dong" .

He may have come across heavy handed but there is a grain of truth from there. People that don't like things like Accuracy, Hit Percentage, ect, will not like this game. It's fine, I wouldn't blame them to be honest. It would be like a person that has only played modern brown and bloom shooters trying to play Dwarf Fortress. Sure, DF gives you a million ways to play but if you never played those types of games then of course they will be put off by it; same principal with PoE vs D3. Some want to spend hours planning a character and making that perfect build while others just want to jump in and start killing things. Nothing wrong with that, heck, I play games that require me to turn off my brain because it's still fun to me. Personally, this entire thread feels like a giant house of opinions. Perhaps everyone needs to take a step back and play this for a bit: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
i played the D3 beta and this beta and Poe is much more better than D3. Better music, graphics and most important it feels so good to use any spell on any character.
D3 only wants to make as much cash as possible and if you not dumb, you will notice this anytime ingame.

The Global chat here is cool, it feels to be a part of the community, D3 you are feeling so isolated, the chats are horrible.
"
Mechabolic wrote:
Perhaps everyone needs to take a step back and play this for a bit: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

That's an opinion! :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info