Diablo Clone very unlikely to live to long.. Gameplay is way off. Feedback. (outdated)

Sigh to the people that wish to have a personality on the internet..

I do not care on how I WRITE, as long as the point gets across I can care less on my Sentencing.

This is FeedBack to GGG from a seasoned gamer so they can improve their game.
Wow, as someone else who checked out the game to sate my desire for D3(that shouldn't be taken as insult imo, but to each their own) I have to say I disagree quite a bit with the OP.

I don't see an issue with the regular attack being nothing flashy. More attack variety in general would be nice, but it's nothing game breaking.

I do agree that potions don't seem right, but because I never had any issues spamming potions and not running out.

Attack accuracy can be annoying, but it's a staple of RPGs and action RPGs and something that works imo(even if D3 is breaking that mold. If you're talking about the fact that a lot of times you run around an enemy because you can't 'lock on' is something else that I don't like much, but could actually separate 'better' players.

My own personal feedback would be I don't like how much of an incovienance it was trying to keep a decent amount of wisdom scrolls. Maybe thier drop rate picks up later(I'm only level 10) but early on trading in a bunch of normal items for them is annoying.

As far as the feedback in general, you come off way more whiny than constructive.

Last edited by SCP on May 12, 2012, 11:50:17 PM
"
SCP wrote:
Wow, as someone else who checked out the game to sate my desire for D3(that shouldn't be taken as insult imo, but to each their own) I have to say I disagree quite a bit with the OP.

I don't see an issue with the regular attack being nothing flashy. More attack variety in general would be nice, but it's nothing game breaking.

I do agree that potions don't seem right, but because I never had any issues spamming potions and not running out.

Attack accuracy can be annoying, but it's a staple of RPGs and action RPGs and something that works imo(even if D3 is breaking that mold. If you're talking about the fact that a lot of times you run around an enemy because you can't 'lock on' is something else that I don't like much, but could actually separate 'better' players.

As far as the feedback in general, you come off way more whiny than constructive.

+1.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
And whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, the game feels incredibly similar to D2. The only thing that felt different to me is the passives skill tree and active skill gems. Everything else feels directly out of D2.
"
Bigtqb wrote:
Sigh to the people that wish to have a personality on the internet..

I do not care on how I WRITE, as long as the point gets across I can care less on my Sentencing.

This is FeedBack to GGG from a seasoned gamer so they can improve their game.

so you intentionally gave feedback unprofessionally?

if your tired of grinding then go back to diablo 2 hardcore mode, they max out at 99 so you save yourself 1 lvl of grinding.

that should hold you off till diablo 3. why waste your time on this game, diablo 2 is that way.
this guy is just trying to drive off the people who are checking out this site and looking into this game for the first time.

his previous post talks about how he hates having to grind to level 100 in this game and that its better in diablo 3 because the max level is 60. He states that he is a diablo fan which puts him in a paradox because diablo 2 had a high level too (99).

"
Bigtqb wrote:
come on 1 was crap still loved, 2 couldnt tell the difference but still played because of the great gameplay of its time.

You couldn't tell the difference between Diablo 1 and Diablo 2? You clearly have not played these games. You don't have to like Path of Exile, but don't make stuff up. I think you're new to ARPGs and you like Diablo 3, that's great, buy the game and have fun.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
"
Bigtqb wrote:

Also the combat is way off I cant even hit my damn target right without it moveing every damn time or missing a slight bit.... makes no sense for a miss on my skills either.

Please tell me more about it. How does missing makes no sense to you?
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
Bigtqb wrote:

Life lesson .... If you communicate like a jackass, then most people will assume you *are* a jackass regardless of how profound or informative your post is. This applies to every one and is (generally) true.

as the old saying goes: "if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...."

The main problem is that your title "Diablo Clone very unlikely to live to long" is very subjective and you do not really follow up with very compelling arguments. most of the initial post was based on a very small (and sadly biased) first look and yet you felt compelled to come and write up (what I consider) a troll bait thread.

The only really constructive thing I got from your posts was that the attack animations/sounds are not very punchy and lack oomph. To me all the rest of the posts just came across as whinging.

I don't really get the PoE fanboy Vs Diablo3 fanboy mentality. Its like saying "you can like apples *OR* oranges! you are NOT allowed to like both!"

If I do not like something, generally I will just move on.
:: sƃuıɥʇ ɟo ʎɔuɐʇsuoɔ ǝɥʇ ɟo ʎʇılɐǝɹ lɐuıɟ ǝɥʇ ǝq plnoʍ sıɥʇ ʎɐʍɐ ʇǝƃ
plnoɔ ƃuıɥʇou ʇɐɥʇ os plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ uı plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝpıɥ oʇ ǝɹǝʍ noʎ ɟı ʇnq ::
dont know why people have to compare games i like both d3 and poe. d3 is cartoonish similar to wow in a way and poe is comparable to d2 with a darker style but both games have their good and bad and poe probably will get better as time passes by since its the first game that they created

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info