Diablo Clone very unlikely to live to long.. Gameplay is way off. Feedback. (outdated)

"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
If you're not mentally challenged, you do hit everything you swing at, unless the object you're trying to hit is evading you, but that obviously falls under the 'evasion' stat.

I'm not saying hit % is bad, diablo 2 had it after all, but you most certainly do hit things the size of a large dog and upwards all the time in real life.

Hey guys we got a badass over here. Man u must be freaking good in combat sports and archery. Maybe ill see you on television for the Olympics.

Please teach me master.

Ok no more trolling, i do believe you are missing because these monsters have an evasion rating and thus lowering your chance to hit. Maybe i am wrong but this is how it feels.

P.S you should enroll in ops and become a sniper since you wont miss any shit. You will be the ace of ace.

I was talking solely about melee.
Take a large stick, ask one of your friends to stand still.
If you can't hit him at least 99/100 times, you need to go see a doctor.

As for ranged, I believe spells always hit, correct?
If so, the ranged argument falls flat on it's face.
After all, if that's supposedly 'realisic', then spells should be affected by evasion and hit chance as well.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 13, 2012, 12:36:53 PM
"
Mechabolic wrote:

He may have come across heavy handed but there is a grain of truth from there. People that don't like things like Accuracy, Hit Percentage, ect, will not like this game. It's fine, I wouldn't blame them to be honest. It would be like a person that has only played modern brown and bloom shooters trying to play Dwarf Fortress. Sure, DF gives you a million ways to play but if you never played those types of games then of course they will be put off by it; same principal with PoE vs D3. Some want to spend hours planning a character and making that perfect build while others just want to jump in and start killing things. Nothing wrong with that, heck, I play games that require me to turn off my brain because it's still fun to me. Personally, this entire thread feels like a giant house of opinions. Perhaps everyone needs to take a step back and play this for a bit: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

I wasn't talking about accuracy ...even I don't like whole concept of accuracy too .. it's basically one mandatory stat which you have to somehow keep high.. not fun but I understand for many, it's part of their build..

However ..I was talking about things which are ..just not good..period..animations in this case and combat feel. I really hope they will improve it because this is one of the most important part of the ARPGs and PoE fell short an this aspect compared to D3 or Torchlight..
"
Tagek wrote:
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
If you're not mentally challenged, you do hit everything you swing at, unless the object you're trying to hit is evading you, but that obviously falls under the 'evasion' stat.

I'm not saying hit % is bad, diablo 2 had it after all, but you most certainly do hit things the size of a large dog and upwards all the time in real life.

Hey guys we got a badass over here. Man u must be freaking good in combat sports and archery. Maybe ill see you on television for the Olympics.

Please teach me master.

Ok no more trolling, i do believe you are missing because these monsters have an evasion rating and thus lowering your chance to hit. Maybe i am wrong but this is how it feels.

P.S you should enroll in ops and become a sniper since you wont miss any shit. You will be the ace of ace.

I was talking solely about melee.
Take a large stick, ask one of your friends to stand still.
If you can't hit him at least 99/100 times, you need to go see a doctor.

As for ranged, I believe spells always hit, correct?
If so, the ranged argument falls flat on it's face, after all, if that's supposedly 'realisic', then spells should be affected by evasion and hit chance as well.

Omg you must be a spellcaster IRL too. Please tell me how it feels to cast a spell and tell me how it is different to a range attack. You can send a full report to GGG so that they know how spells are affected in REALITY.

Like i said before i do believe that your hit chance is not 100 % because the monsters have an evasion rating and thus lowering your hit chance. And like i said i may be wrong about this.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.

yes i'm bored
Last edited by meggiroth on May 13, 2012, 1:13:29 PM
Haha meg, good one. I love GoT. :)

@Bite

Obiously there are no spells in real life, smart ass.
The thing is, they are still projectiles or whatever flying towards someone, just like an arrow is.
If an arrow has a chance to hit to be 'realistic', so should spells.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on May 13, 2012, 2:28:31 PM
"
Tagek wrote:

i guess youve never watched boxing or the likes?

havnt read all the thread and cba, but as i boxed for several years training to 'evade' and training to hit or be 'accurate' was a big part of training.

so thier should be a chance to hit rating and an evasion rating.

besides trying to hit a static object/person is completly different to trying to hit an object/person whos hitting back lol.
... What I'm saying is, of course someone is going to evade you.
That's what evasion rating is for. But you're not going to miss a person standing still, so having both hit and evasion rating and justifying it with realism simply makes no sense.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad in any way, just that 'realism' isn't an argument to have it, especially in an ARPG.

If someone is hitting you back you get interrupted.
That's a known system (mainly from D2).

Last edited by Tagek on May 13, 2012, 2:47:43 PM
also think of fear. if i was sparring someone you have to get over the fear of a counter hit, or if someones hitting you maybe you would swing aimlessly? that would affect your chance to hit... if you perfect your chance to hit maybe instead of swingingly aimlessly you keep your chin up and time your hits, thierfore your chance to hit has increased while they still have a chance to evade it.

i guess this would be the same as using a sword...or even a bow. i know if i had arrows being fired back at me my aiming would suffer!! lol

edit: im not the best at explaining things but hopefully you get my jist lol
Last edited by produno on May 13, 2012, 2:56:54 PM
I get what you mean, but that's way too in depth to be anywhere near a justification.
They might as well implement permanent wounds from being hit.

"
Tagek wrote:
I get what you mean, but that's way too in depth to be anywhere near a justification.
They might as well implement permanent wounds from being hit.

now that would be cool :D

the one legged shadow...ha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info