So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
Drudley wrote:
Sure, that could be hard, but it's not the first time they changed someone's purchased item, I guess they would talk to the person that bought it about how to change it.

Of course, which is why I specify it could be bad if it isn't handled right.

This general narrative is just pointing at the scope of how big fitting the old system into the new system is gonna be.

Takes putting a square peg in a round hole to a whole nother' level lol
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
wallsh1 wrote:
simplification...looks like GGG is the next on the chopping block :l looks like they are trying to simplify alot of the game but I hope im wrong

Nice copypasta.

The only simplification is that you get to use the new gear you find without spending a lot of time and currency on fixing with sockets.

Other than that it's deeper than before.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
C4Guy wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
They said fusings will be removed from the game.

Yep, because all sockets will be linked from now on. They plant to convert existing fusings to jewellers...

The hell with that. We need all our fusings converted to Alchs. But that does raise the question of what GGG is going to do (other than just random rng) instead of 6 socket gear (since that's our #1 source of jewellers now) to get us enough jewellers to not be starved for them (PoE is already too much starvation on the important crafting orbs)?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Drudley wrote:
"
Zionyaru wrote:
RIP All supporter divination cards that specify six link items.

Especially a kick in the teeth for cards like this which were made to honour someone who died.

Gonna be interesting to see how they deal with the backlash from this.

You don't think they will convert these as well as everything else?

What do you mean by convert them? What will these divination cards convert into? I don't understand you.
"
I hadn't even thought of this, but I have no way of explaining how dissapointed I am in the way they are implementing this.

There is no words for how much time and effort we will lose in this conversion no matter what.

Anywhere from 500- 3000 fusings in my experience per item. Paying hefty prices for the six links. Standard is my graveyard, yes... but it's also a place I go to reflect on past leagues and ressurect a dead character for a good couple maps. To see all of my hardwork lose all ingame monetary value, in the way that it was. There is no way the value of these items is going to translate 1:1. No matter how you spin it.

It's sad and im bitter. Ill definately play 4.0 but this kind of takes my aspirations away for the next year. Why tf would I grind fusings for a six link right now, without knowing how this will be implemented.
GG.
That's how you disrespect an old playerbase in favor of getting new players.

I am with you. This new system is weird. I see no real benefit. Ok you can have more 5/6 links but you need specific gems with "links"?
Old system is cool and unique. They would make linking a bit easier but that´s all.
There are many items that provides pseudo 5/6/7 links and stuff like that what will happen to them?.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 16, 2019, 1:11:37 PM
I like how this will normalize the prices on unique chest/2 handed weapons. It's a huge load off when gearing as well since you won't need to link the item anymore. It means you won't be fucked by RNG when you save up for your bis weapon or armor.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
From what I am seeing this new socketing system is dumb. I never thought my excitement for the new expansions would lead to such a terrible change. I liked my PoE the way it was. I'm dissapointed in you GGG and just felt like i needed to vent somewhere.
"
BokkoTheBunny wrote:
I like how this will normalize the prices on unique chest/2 handed weapons. It's a huge load off when gearing as well since you won't need to link the item anymore. It means you won't be fucked by RNG when you save up for your bis weapon or armor.

There are guaranteed ways how to link an item without rng involved.
any news on this case?
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
another side effect is the 3l off color recipe that gives a chrome.
i collect mostly those - i made MANY exalted from trading chromes.
that option will be removed...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info