So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
charley222 wrote:
what a clueless statement

some people have work and family kid , and lost all 6 or link progression and restart from 0 is not very funny , he already invest a lot of time and resources for all 6 link item and dont always have a lot of time
available for playing , so lost all link progression and grind this again is not very fun

sure the new system is a great feature and add more deep in the game

this ! i pull on average a 70 hour working week its taken me ages to amass the gear i require, none of this league bullshit plz , I simply dont have time for it , this just ruins peoples hard work. the very thought of it has made me dust off my old bnet acc , hopefully d4 will bring the series back to form
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
"
BAD9eR wrote:
"
charley222 wrote:
what a clueless statement

some people have work and family kid , and lost all 6 or link progression and restart from 0 is not very funny , he already invest a lot of time and resources for all 6 link item and dont always have a lot of time
available for playing , so lost all link progression and grind this again is not very fun

sure the new system is a great feature and add more deep in the game

this ! i pull on average a 70 hour working week its taken me ages to amass the gear i require, none of this league bullshit plz , I simply dont have time for it , this just ruins peoples hard work. the very thought of it has made me dust off my old bnet acc , hopefully d4 will bring the series back to form
GGG never ruins anything if they can help it. I really think every gem in your inventory will be converted to 6L. They would much rather overcompensate than deal with a lack of compensation. Sure, you’ll get people who purchase multiples of every skill gem in the game, but that’s preferable to someone having less after the conversion. It’s also over a year away.
"
GGG never ruins anything if they can help it. I really think every gem in your inventory will be converted to 6L. They would much rather overcompensate than deal with a lack of compensation. Sure, you’ll get people who purchase multiples of every skill gem in the game, but that’s preferable to someone having less after the conversion. It’s also over a year away.

I agree with your characterization of GGG motives. But, I think a better solution would be a set of divination cards or something that would create a 6 socket. Or even just providing a stack of jewels equal to the average cost of creating a 6 socket. I mean I have 19 gem tabs in my standard stash. I would have at least one six socket for most all skill gems. That would be unfair IMHO.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
I really think every gem in your inventory will be converted to 6L.

i seriously doubt that tbh.

I could see a thing where any skill gem thats in a fully supported 6 link piece of gear that is equipped on your character is moved to that characters gem screen and forced into a 6 link with the 5 supports and is hence both 6 linked and coloured for the setup you had.

that would make sense for how the conversion could work in terms of what it will do with your current characters and their equipped gems, and it would mean if your character has a 6 link that is chromed for your build then essentially you get to keep that 6 link with its chroming. one equipped 6 link armour = 1 equipped 6 link gem after conversion, that would be fair and I feel like thats what we should be asking GGG if they would be gracious enough to accommodate when it comes to setting up the migration.

every gem you own being 6 linked already tho? I just dont see it, even every 20/20 or above gem being instantly full sockets... i wouldnt even dream of betting on that.

if they fuck everyone over and all our 20/20 and 21/20 gems are now useless, all our 6 links are lost and all our builds go back to being 4 links, often with gems we cant even chrom or resocket because we have corrupted every gem we own... that would be fucked up and i think people would rightly be outraged. I think if people express their concerns theyre not gonna do that, but I would still put the idea of every gem you onw being 6 linked at the very bottom of the possibility pile, way lower than the possibility of them just fucking everyone over and losing a significant amount of players.
It’s not about finding the most fair solution. The conversion is only relevant for standard since it will happen between expansions. Anything they do less than every gem will end up with people complaining that it isn’t fair; the patch ruined their build. I’m not asking or even caring how they will do the conversion from now, I just assume they would rather shut everyone up and not deal with complaints. Of course people will complain that they didn’t exploit it when others did, but GGG would just ignore a petty complaint like that anyways.
my experience says as the time grows near we had better make some threads and send some emails in the hope that they will do it the way i was suggesting so we at least get a fair shake and some of our 6 links will carry over leaving our characters in a playable state. thats how much hope i have for them caring about complaints going on previous experience of how much they have given a shit about not completely fucking over standard players when changes come in.

my assumption would be that they would put very little care into potential complaints and they would care a great deal about not just flooding the item pool with 6 link gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info