So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
Runslingan wrote:
This is awesome! At this state i feel like i can barly play this game without my 6l armours and weps xD

This is feel so good playing SSF, no more socket struggle, just pick up the best you find and enjoy the game!

YIKES...
"
shishkabob wrote:
I wonder if they'll make 6 socketing gems more difficult than it is to currently 6 socket an item. 6 socketing isn't anywhere near as bad as 6 linking, so with links going away I could see them making it more difficult to 6 socket a gem.

Oh! it can't be as easy as 6 socketing... its gonna have to stay at the level of 6L diffidculty.

Already, 6 socketing a gem will allow to use any hard to find unique without having to link them anymore so at the very least a 6S gem needs to be hard to roll.
hope that this would not affect market so much :/ since its been fcking crazy anyway last 5-6 leagues :/
As far as I understood it and said at other thread:
There is no prequel and sequeal it will remain same game with same endgame in maps.
All our old Star characters will remain and could be played.

The changes at the skill system to have no longer skill gems socket in items, will not be in PoE2 only.
Long before the Campaign two starts, we will have the new skill system in PoE "1".
When the change happens, all our items from standard will get modificated to have it in new system. If you have a 6 linked armor with 6 skill gems in it, you will get a armor with enough sockets so the new system can take all f the used gems and make it new, without changes at gem levels or their quality.
I guess we could then make even more 6links with our old items.

This was told so at exilecon.
I had a bunch of well rolled BPs from 1.3 (when I last played), which I vendored a week before the announcement, because they were not selling anymore :P
Granted they didn't have the "fancy" new rolls, but still pretty good. Bummer.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Runslingan wrote:
This is awesome! At this state i feel like i can barly play this game without my 6l armours and weps xD

This is feel so good playing SSF, no more socket struggle, just pick up the best you find and enjoy the game!

But you will need 6 socketed gems …
Would you like to try new gems in your tabula?
Sry at first you need to get the gem with sockets …
It seems weird to me.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 21, 2019, 5:00:47 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

But you will need 6 socketed gems …
Would you like to try new gems in your tabula?
Sry at first you need to get the gem with sockets …
It seems weird to me.

I'm one of few people that actually feel/felt Tabula was bad for the game. Takes away "all" feelings of progression, and devalues almost everything from act one to middle tier maps.

I like the changes to the skills system. As I've written before, you can now pick up, identify and wear every God damn item you find, without thinking about the damn sockets. It will do wonders to the in-game progression. Uniques will be A LOT more useful now, especially while leveling. No one in their right mind would spend a lot trying to link e.g. an Ashrend. But now, people will actually wear it while leveling - and even into low level maps.

Fantastic change.

What I'm most curious about though, is how the skill system changes will affect the economy. How much will very good rare body armors and two handed weapons sell for? Only time will tell.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 21, 2019, 5:12:21 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
What I'm most curious about though, is how the skill system changes will affect the economy. How much will very good rare body armors and two handed weapons sell for? Only time will tell.

Check such items without links to get an idea unless they nerf the drop really hard.
I would expect some loot improvements though to reduce the clutter.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 21, 2019, 5:50:39 AM
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
As far as I understood it and said at other thread:
There is no prequel and sequeal it will remain same game with same endgame in maps.
All our old Star characters will remain and could be played.

The changes at the skill system to have no longer skill gems socket in items, will not be in PoE2 only.
Long before the Campaign two starts, we will have the new skill system in PoE "1".
When the change happens, all our items from standard will get modificated to have it in new system. If you have a 6 linked armor with 6 skill gems in it, you will get a armor with enough sockets so the new system can take all f the used gems and make it new, without changes at gem levels or their quality.
I guess we could then make even more 6links with our old items.

This was told so at exilecon.

Not sure how that works. It's the gems which hold the sockets, not the armour. I could see that guaranteeing that the main skill in that 6L will have five support sockets, but the armour itself will still only have two sockets. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Rakiii wrote:

Check such items without links to get an idea

Nah, those items are pretty cheap BECAUSE people need to link them. I think they will be a little bit more expensive. We'll see.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info