So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

feel a bit trickt about them..
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
The randomness of the 6-links was virtually the only part of POE where I would feel like quitting a season. So, good riddance. If I understand this correctly the new system IMO will do a lot to stop burnout - being able to (for instance) play as Cyclone for a while, then switch to Winter's Orb (insert whatever skills you enjoy) is a great idea.
for standard players, this is a heavy strike. and r.i.p. tabula
Jonathan explained that you now have to find 6L skill gems instead of armours.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Jonathan explained that you now have to find 6L skill gems instead of armours.

You can change them into 6L with jewellers
What I understood so far is the following:

1. Skill gems will have sockets where the support gems for that skill go into.
2. The number of sockets the gems have will vary and can be changed with jewellers. So you now 6-link your gems, not your items.
3. Fusings are no longer a thing because sockets will always be linked.
4. Each weapon will have a (fixed?) number of sockets for the skill gems. Colors can be changed with chromatics and there will be items with 4 sockets so you can socket 4 different skill gems each with up to 5? supports.
5. You can change your x-linked gems from weapon to another as long as they have a correctly colored socket.

I think it's rather weird to socket gems in gems but in principle the system seems to be much better because it makes it much easier to change items. Found a new sword that's better than the old? Just switch your gems and you're good to go. No fusing required...
"
C4Guy wrote:

I think it's rather weird to socket gems in gems but in principle the system seems to be much better because it makes it much easier to change items. Found a new sword that's better than the old? Just switch your gems and you're good to go. No fusing required...

sure, but what is about existing 6-links? people have invested much time into getting them :s
Last edited by kobrakhan on Nov 15, 2019, 6:01:44 PM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
sure, but what is about existing 6-links? people have invested much time into getting them :s

im sure the items will still exist, but you won't have a 6 link on an item because that won't be possible anymore.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:

im sure the items will still exist, but you won't have a 6 link on an item because that won't be possible anymore.

You will still have your 6l it just won't be on your piece of gear but in the new tab for gems.
simplification...looks like GGG is the next on the chopping block :l looks like they are trying to simplify alot of the game but I hope im wrong
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info