So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
charley222 wrote:
what a clueless statement

some people have work and family kid , and lost all 6 or link progression and restart from 0 is not very funny , he already invest a lot of time and resources for all 6 link item and dont always have a lot of time
available for playing , so lost all link progression and grind this again is not very fun

sure the new system is a great feature and add more deep in the game

I'm with you on this. That being said I am optimistic that GGG will find a way to not screw the ~15% of players outside of hamster wheel leagues. Also it is more than a year away. Everything in life has an expiry date.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
CycloneJack wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:
feel a bit trickt about them..

Nothing will happen to your 6-links in 4.0; aka PoE 2. PoE will continue to operate as it has since release. PoE 2 is a different campaign, with different characters and mechanics. However, League mechanics, the Atlas, and (from what I understand) skill gems will operate the same between both games, as both games are using the same engine, though PoE 2 is heavily upgraded.

This is the whole reason for PoE 2, to change core mechanics without affecting PoE 1, but still utilize 6 years worth of content and not negate all of your microtransactions.

Basically, all of your characters in PoE 1 will stay in PoE 1 with all of their gear.

* NOTE: This is to the best of my knowledge from everything I've seen/read thus far. I am not at Exilecon and have not spoken with any of the devs.

You might be right. It is a bit unclear. I thought they were changing the gems and sockets for both PoE 1 and PoE 2, the graphics overhaul was going to affect both, and the new classes (ascendencies) were for the PoE 2 campaign. My takeaway was that it was a second campagin option.

I haven't gotten time to watch the streams though.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
CycloneJack wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:
feel a bit trickt about them..

Nothing will happen to your 6-links in 4.0; aka PoE 2. PoE will continue to operate as it has since release. PoE 2 is a different campaign, with different characters and mechanics. However, League mechanics, the Atlas, and (from what I understand) skill gems will operate the same between both games, as both games are using the same engine, though PoE 2 is heavily upgraded.

This is the whole reason for PoE 2, to change core mechanics without affecting PoE 1, but still utilize 6 years worth of content and not negate all of your microtransactions.

Basically, all of your characters in PoE 1 will stay in PoE 1 with all of their gear.

* NOTE: This is to the best of my knowledge from everything I've seen/read thus far. I am not at Exilecon and have not spoken with any of the devs.

This is not exactly true, in the sense that the gear that you take with you in the transition to POE2 will be transformed to use the new socket system. There won't be two different socketing systems. So, there will no longer be any "6-link" gear, because no piece of gear will have 6 sockets and the sockets on gear won't be linked.

There will have to be some sort of transition from linked-sockets-on-gear to linked-sockets-on-gems, but they are still working that out (we have a while to wait) so they don't know exactly how that's going to happen. This was made pretty clear in a few of the sessions during the stream.
- here's my sig
i don't like it either. What are they thinking? Seems like they making their shit easier for mobiles....
"
kobrakhan wrote:

sure, but what is about existing 6-links? people have invested much time into getting them :s

People have invested time into lots of things that eventually change. You can accept that you got to experience having the things you did, or you can brood that you dont get to have them anymore.

This smells more like a "I feel special for having items others dont have and now wont be special anymore" thread, but that could just be me.
In before folks figure out that the new meta will make chromatic's the new fusing
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
This is not exactly true, in the sense that the gear that you take with you in the transition to POE2 will be transformed to use the new socket system. There won't be two different socketing systems. So, there will no longer be any "6-link" gear, because no piece of gear will have 6 sockets and the sockets on gear won't be linked.

There will have to be some sort of transition from linked-sockets-on-gear to linked-sockets-on-gems, but they are still working that out (we have a while to wait) so they don't know exactly how that's going to happen. This was made pretty clear in a few of the sessions during the stream.

Hmm, interesting.

It sounded to me like these are two separate campaigns with different mechanics, and that PoE1 would still use the current sockets in gear while PoE2 uses the new sockets in gems. I guess you could convert a PoE1 character to their PoE2 equivalent? Or perhaps migrate a Stash Tab? I wasn't able to watch the stream today, so I'm hoping to find a recording tomorrow which should clarify things.
nah from waht i could tell its just 2 campaigns you can chose to level through either of them, all this mehcnaical change stuff effects the whole game, it will effect all ur standard gear, youre gonna end up in the same endgame, youre gonna be in the same league etc regardless of which campaign you chose to level in.

basically from past experience and from what they have said so far we probably lose all our 6 links, and since all our gems are already corrupted theres a good chance we cant socket and recolour them unless they give us bench options at which point we can do it but we pay through the nose at price + interest + double the cost with vaal orbs.

Spoiler

I think pretty much every skill gem i own is corrupted, the majority are lvl21 etc.... rip

it all depends how shitty they are in terms of allowing us to socket and colour existing corrupted gems, what sockets they give them by default etc. I dunno how bad it feels yet, but i think its safe to say its some degree of bad.
"

You might be right. It is a bit unclear. I thought they were changing the gems and sockets for both PoE 1 and PoE 2, the graphics overhaul was going to affect both, and the new classes (ascendencies) were for the PoE 2 campaign. My takeaway was that it was a second campagin option.

I haven't gotten time to watch the streams though.

It sounds like for the forseeable future, both POE1 and POE2 will get the same expansion content updates, so anyone heavily invested/attached to their STANDARD progress in terms of gear/wealth etc can just continue to play in STANDARD as they always have and still receive content updates etc.

Which TBH is quite possibly what i'll be doing, for a little while at least.

Last edited by Asmosis on Nov 16, 2019, 2:02:35 AM
im pretty sure jonathan spoke about the difficulties theyre going to have with converting standard over because people have gems in their gear etc and those gems will have to end up somewhere, about how theyre probably gonna have to convert everyones fusing to jewellers at some kind of fair ratio, blah blah.

im fairly sure its the same game, theyre not splitting the player base, there wont be 2 separate games with different mechanics. Its 1 game and theres the option to play through campaign 1 or 2 when you level in this 1 game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info