So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
Qiox wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:
for standard players, this is a heavy strike. and r.i.p. tabula

Tabula is even more powerful. In 4.0 all regular chests give you two skill sockets.

Tabula has 3. Therefore your total number of 6 links you can have is 1 higher thanks to wearing a Tabula.

its not more powerful, you still need the linked gems and how many 6-links do you need? until now is 1 still fine.

all you will get out of tabula is the point that its sockets are white. not sure about that, seems like gear sockets are so kind of static in color now? but for me it looks like tabula will lose much of its power.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
kobrakhan wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:
for standard players, this is a heavy strike. and r.i.p. tabula

Tabula is even more powerful. In 4.0 all regular chests give you two skill sockets.

Tabula has 3. Therefore your total number of 6 links you can have is 1 higher thanks to wearing a Tabula.

its not more powerful, you still need the linked gems and how many 6-links do you need? until now is 1 still fine.

all you will get out of tabula is the point that its sockets are white. not sure about that, seems like gear sockets are so kind of static in color now? but for me it looks like tabula will lose much of its power.

What they should do is make the extra socket guarantee that the socketed skill gem has 5 white sockets for supports.
- here's my sig
They said it will be easier to get a 6 link in general but probably on par/more difficult for you to get everything 6 linked. Which I'm not sure how much it will truly change the game, obviously we will have to play it to find out.

I can see how some people will be upset about all the work they put into 6 linking items but if its for a better game I'm all for it. We all know what we sign up for when we play an ever changing game.
This will discourage experimenting with new builds.

Currently, you pop a new skill in your 6L, you maybe buy one or two new supports for cheap, you try it out.

Now, you will have to invest presumably hundreds of jewelers or c on buying a 6L skill gem to try it out at its real strength.

Less experimenting, less diversity.
"

What they should do is make the extra socket guarantee that the socketed skill gem has 5 white sockets for supports.

yes, that sounds like tabula a lot more.
by the way, charan's sword is the same case, wonder how it will look
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Jonathan also said that its gonna be a nightmare to convert all existing 6-links into .. well 6-links.

so they are not gonna destroy your STD items :)
d:-D*
press F for free divines
"
kobrakhan wrote:
feel a bit tricked about them..

If you stayed and watched the deep delve talk about PoE 2 after the main ExileCon opening event you would have heard the details that the support gems are going to be linked directly to the skill gem so all we need is 4 sockets on gear. With 4 sockets on items and each skill gem can have the skill gem socket + 5 links (for a total of 6) that we could have 4 6L skills in total on one piece of gear. That blows the current sockets on gear of current PoE away.

Edit: The drawback with this method is that we'll need a separate support gem for each skill. That's not a problem for leveling up the supports ourselves but does mean that if we are buying a 20% quality support gem we will have to buy 1 for each skill since there won't be any sharing of supports among different skills. That's the trade-off with supports directly linking to skill gems.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 15, 2019, 11:06:04 PM
Divines and jewellers are going to be much harder to come by. I also want to know how things like Death Oath are going to work. How about +1 to gem corruptions?

Now there's the value of your unique gear. You could have a league where the base unique like a Voidforge is 5c, but its 6L equivalent is a few ex. No more links, no more value essentially.

"
kobrakhan wrote:
feel a bit trickt about them..

Nothing will happen to your 6-links in 4.0; aka PoE 2. PoE will continue to operate as it has since release. PoE 2 is a different campaign, with different characters and mechanics. However, League mechanics, the Atlas, and (from what I understand) skill gems will operate the same between both games, as both games are using the same engine, though PoE 2 is heavily upgraded.

This is the whole reason for PoE 2, to change core mechanics without affecting PoE 1, but still utilize 6 years worth of content and not negate all of your microtransactions.

Basically, all of your characters in PoE 1 will stay in PoE 1 with all of their gear.

* NOTE: This is to the best of my knowledge from everything I've seen/read thus far. I am not at Exilecon and have not spoken with any of the devs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info