So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
kobrakhan wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:
for standard players, this is a heavy strike. and r.i.p. tabula

Tabula is even more powerful. In 4.0 all regular chests give you two skill sockets.

Tabula has 3. Therefore your total number of 6 links you can have is 1 higher thanks to wearing a Tabula.

its not more powerful, you still need the linked gems and how many 6-links do you need? until now is 1 still fine.

all you will get out of tabula is the point that its sockets are white. not sure about that, seems like gear sockets are so kind of static in color now? but for me it looks like tabula will lose much of its power.

I am amazed that you don't see how big a deal it is to have 1 more skill slot. It would be like having a 2nd chest slot in the game right now. So what if you don't have another 6 link chest to put in it right away. There's a lot of builds that would love to have somewhere to put another 4 link or 5 link.
Last edited by Qiox on Nov 16, 2019, 2:54:38 AM
"
SirSid wrote:
In before folks figure out that the new meta will make chromatic's the new fusing

What will we use fusings for now?
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:
In before folks figure out that the new meta will make chromatic's the new fusing

What will we use fusings for now?

They said fusings will be removed from the game.
"
Qiox wrote:
They said fusings will be removed from the game.

Yep, because all sockets will be linked from now on. They plant to convert existing fusings to jewellers...
I think, when 4.0 hits both PoE1 and PoE2 will have the new Gem/Socket system.
THis would mean that Standart Equipment will be changed and thus you will lose 6Linked items,..... this would be hard for STD players.
They will need to come up with a compensation, like the Main Skill in your Link will be rewarded as a 6Socket Gems or something. Otherwise it is to Brutal.

For league I think the change will be fun and I really like the new possibilities this will create.
just think about a 3 socket Mjölnir with Arc 6S, Spark 6S and Shock Nova 6S Gems in it ;) And you will trigger this with a 6S Smite or CoC Whatever,.. Crazy!
Last edited by Alienbutter on Nov 16, 2019, 7:27:11 AM
I hadn't even thought of this, but I have no way of explaining how dissapointed I am in the way they are implementing this.

There is no words for how much time and effort we will lose in this conversion no matter what.

Anywhere from 500- 3000 fusings in my experience per item. Paying hefty prices for the six links. Standard is my graveyard, yes... but it's also a place I go to reflect on past leagues and ressurect a dead character for a good couple maps. To see all of my hardwork lose all ingame monetary value, in the way that it was. There is no way the value of these items is going to translate 1:1. No matter how you spin it.

It's sad and im bitter. Ill definately play 4.0 but this kind of takes my aspirations away for the next year. Why tf would I grind fusings for a six link right now, without knowing how this will be implemented.

GG.

That's how you disrespect an old playerbase in favor of getting new players.
Well, you just can't make big changes like this without destroying some things from the past. They will probably give you 6l gem instead for your 6l armour. I personally really really like the proposed idea. It will also mean we can have more really powerful skills.. with the multiple 6l...

Games like these needs changes, because without it, everything becomes stale and boring.
The way I understand it is that they will convert everything, so that your builds will work just as they do now after the conversion.

For example, if you have a 6l armour with an active skill gem and 5 support gems then you will have the same armour with 4 sockets of which one socket has your active skill gem with 5 sockets which contain the 5 support gems you had in the armour before.

Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Well, you just can't make big changes like this without destroying some things from the past. They will probably give you 6l gem instead for your 6l armour. I personally really really like the proposed idea. It will also mean we can have more really powerful skills.. with the multiple 6l...

Games like these needs changes, because without it, everything becomes stale and boring.

Sadly there's no way to translate the value of a good corrupted six link into a six link corrupted gem, even if it keeps most of the inherent stats the actual time effort risk reward that went into that item is lost. The whole integrity of the experience is compromised for people that will be happy because they've never six linked an item themselves. Now that I think of it... This change is great, and everyone will love it and embrace it with open arms!
"
Drudley wrote:
The way I understand it is that they will convert everything, so that your builds will work just as they do now after the conversion.

For example, if you have a 6l armour with an active skill gem and 5 support gems then you will have the same armour with 4 sockets of which one socket has your active skill gem with 5 sockets which contain the 5 support gems you had in the armour before.

i dont want to sound like a doom-preacher but i heart nothing like that yesterday.

there was a speak by one of them than could be losely interpreted like this but it was very vague and could also about the problem with gems in gear at the moment of conversion.

does anybody know someone at exilecon who could ask?
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info