So we will lose our 6-links with 4.0? :'(

"
Hallsttattian wrote:
You will still have your 6l it just won't be on your piece of gear but in the new tab for gems.

he is asking about the item itself
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
You will still have your 6l it just won't be on your piece of gear but in the new tab for gems.

he is asking about the item itself

Items will have no sockets. Gems will require the same effort as before to gain supports via socketing linking and coloring. Or you can pray to Kuduku that you drop a 6l gem so you only have to worry about coloring.

I can see how someone who spent thousands of jewelers, fusings and chromes to get the off-colors one desired might feel cheated out of all that effort once item sockets become gem sockets but in the long run you've just been grinding gears.
"
kobrakhan wrote:
sure, but what is about existing 6-links? people have invested much time into getting them :s

No idea. I assume that the items will just receive the maximum number of sockets they can have for their class. I'm still not sure if this number is fixed, but it seems so. 2-handed weapons and bows have 4, one-handed weapons and armor have 2, gloves and helmets have one and jewellry none.

As for gems, they'll have to find a way to translate the old system to the new. Either the sockets will simply depend on the gem level and quality or maybe the player can chose to 6-socket gems individually depending on the number of 6-L items they have.

I suppose it'll also depend on how easy or simple it will be to 6-socket a gem...
Last edited by C4Guy on Nov 15, 2019, 6:17:27 PM
for what i unerstand is not a bad idea, one 6 socket the gem not the item so if we find a better item we only need to transfer the gem.

question here is how are items that grant skills going to work? hopefully we can get skills like icestorm or death aura introduced as active skills with their respective uniques giving an extra to said skills rather than making them the only way to play them, whispering ice already does that with the extra spell damage every "x" int, death oath could give 1% increaced death aura effects every 100 life reserved.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

now the game will have link gem so now i lost all my link progression
and will need to restart from 0 ? because item link is not good anymore

so i will need to grind again all my 6 link ???? on my gem ???

all old player lost all link progression ???

how hard that will be to have 5 or 6 link on gem ???
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Nov 15, 2019, 8:42:33 PM
dont see how thats simplifying anything its actually making things ALOT more complicated but in a good way its mainly the reason i quit POE years ago because it was always such a hassle to build builds now it will be easier while still offering way more options.
very good changes. people with 6L on standard that more than likely havent played there in months or more really worried? seriously most people restart every league so who cares. the new gem system looks amazing.
what a clueless statement

some people have work and family kid , and lost all 6 or link progression and restart from 0 is not very funny , he already invest a lot of time and resources for all 6 link item and dont always have a lot of time
available for playing , so lost all link progression and grind this again is not very fun

sure the new system is a great feature and add more deep in the game
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Nov 15, 2019, 9:02:46 PM
i think the new system is a change for the good of the game, but standard dweller should not lose all progress out of the situation.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
kobrakhan wrote:
for standard players, this is a heavy strike. and r.i.p. tabula

Tabula is even more powerful. In 4.0 all regular chests give you two skill sockets.

Tabula has 3. Therefore your total number of 6 links you can have is 1 higher thanks to wearing a Tabula.
Last edited by Qiox on Nov 15, 2019, 9:22:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info