Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

ive been talking about this for like 2 years...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Geisalt wrote:
"
So what I'm saying is, build for layered defenses and high eHP and PLAY CAREFULLY (e.g. don't stand close to the Bonestalkers) and you won't get one-shot.

it's false :p argus in uber lab crit sunder can os 7K+ hp, there is a video on youtube about this and it's too fast to dodge manually. So OS will happen, even with 8K HP! you can however reduce the odds to be OSED with more EHP, but it's doesnt prevent ALL OS, especially not telegraphed ones.
Telegraphed oneshots fall into the "play carefully" bin. Same with Argus, I mean you can just run circles around him and never get hit by Sunder. And even with a 7k raw hit, it's possible to mitigate at least like 20% of it with Enfeeble and Enduring Cry on any character, taking it down to 4.6k, and most characters should have more mitgation than just those two things. I stand by my claim that one-shots are more a result of sloppy play and under-preparedness than they are a fact of life.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
There would be no way to kill argus if you ran around him non stop avoiding his hits

Ok maybe there would be a way if you didnt get hit at all to waste your flasks and had a totem (like i do) but even then it would take forever to kill him this way and even with me hitting him it takes a good 5ish mins to down him i think

That is if i dont get 1/2 hit because he attacks so fast and hard

My char has 12k armor and 5.3k hp running 5 end charge jug and maxed AA btw
I remember when spinesnap was scary.
If I see something OP build like BF mines or something, I will think Bleeeeh

In my opinion GGG do nothing with that situation, and this is reason why tru hardcore fan that game will get out.

Many noobs are so exited when they looked super hyper OP build which has killed endgame bosses with few seconds. They have also is a majority group which can pay for shitty graphics effect like wings etc.

That means, GGG do nothing with that sytuation, I even think developers of this game exactly be aware of the fact with situation in unlimmitted dps and totally bad balance isn't good, but they want more money, and noobs are so exited when they allowed kill uber with tabula rasa.

Sorry bro with my poor english, I'm very dissapointed with that situation in game, but as I sad before, GGG do nothing, and even our rants like this topic do nothing.

Money for noobs are everything...and nowadys noobs in this game are majority.
"Tru hardcore fan". "Noobs". What is this definition-shit about? I still see all the "tru hardcore fans" around here. They are still streaming, playing, building. None are leaving.
Another strange thread that creates just some buzz for the fun of it in my opinion. I always thought that an arpg has the ultimate goal in killing mobs within seconds. Because you grinded for that gear. You min-maxed your char. You started just to end like this. Godlike. It is not about nerfing this powerful builds / items and concepts. It is about GGG implementing more challenge. Which brings me back to d3-grifts. Everything exploding in grift 70? Try 90+ instead. Good luck ;) That would be something i would love for POE. Especially if this grift-system would scale with exp. You want to go from 99 to 100? There would be a way better way now than running maps all day. I would love it. And the 1million-dps-builds would have something to do.
But what we have right now is good imo. Fast gameplay. Mobs per second as the final reward for grinding this grindiest of all grindy games. If you take this away, what is left then? I don't get why being godlike is something that has to be nerfed in an arpg. What is missing are more challenges.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"Tru hardcore fan". "Noobs". What is this definition-shit about? I still see all the "tru hardcore fans" around here. They are still streaming, playing, building. None are leaving.
Another strange thread that creates just some buzz for the fun of it in my opinion. I always thought that an arpg has the ultimate goal in killing mobs within seconds. Because you grinded for that gear. You min-maxed your char. You started just to end like this. Godlike. It is not about nerfing this powerful builds / items and concepts. It is about GGG implementing more challenge. Which brings me back to d3-grifts. Everything exploding in grift 70? Try 90+ instead. Good luck ;) That would be something i would love for POE. Especially if this grift-system would scale with exp. You want to go from 99 to 100? There would be a way better way now than running maps all day. I would love it. And the 1million-dps-builds would have something to do.
But what we have right now is good imo. Fast gameplay. Mobs per second as the final reward for grinding this grindiest of all grindy games. If you take this away, what is left then? I don't get why being godlike is something that has to be nerfed in an arpg. What is missing are more challenges.

Good points here. Rift would be a god send. However do you think it proper
a sub 10ex build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633639

Can beat uber better than a 2000ex all mirror build?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1571744

At what point do you say OP? 1ex? Nothing?

I have a way to fix this problem. Because I think extraordinary effort should be spent to beat end game bosses, not 10ex. Omnislasher is fine maybe too fine and cost should be much lower, i'll get to that at the end. ANyway all you have to do is hit almost everything with a aoe or bow tag with 50% dps hit. What that does is make so these one shot wonders, and leechers through any damage (dischargers), have to have defense to survive counter attacks because they wont be one shotting. Leech will be half. Defense and DPS cost money. Then those build are fine. GG and 100ex or so. Melee, specifically single target needs a huge buff.

PS Most of my build will nerfed and I dont have a problem with that either.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 21, 2016, 6:38:42 AM
I get you. But i don't think that a general nerf or even focussed nerfs will solve this problem. The problem lies within the fact that there are no class-bound items or even classes in a typical way in POE. If you want a diverse skilltree, open classes, only stat-bound skills (int, str, dex) and items and even ascendancy-classes open for every type of build, the 10ex vs. 100ex problem will never be solved imo. What could solve this problem would be, as i said before, more challenge. Take the "immune to eveything" mobs from d2 for example. You had a godlike build, let's say fire-based. And then there came the fire-immune beasts. And you were running for your life.
The map system has some of these challenges already implemented. Some mods cannot be done with certain builds. Fine. But it needs to get more heavy than that.

I dream of challenges that can only be done with certain build-styles. After years of existence, POE (or: GGG) should be able to determine way better what kind of styles there are. If you create more endgame bosses with different loot-tables and different vulnerabilities and immunities, there would be more incentives to create diversified builds, to give chances to 10ex and 100ex builds. And so on. Maybe i am totally and terribly wrong. But i think that a grift-system PLUS more "balanced" and handmade (and not randomly created) challenges would be a thing. This plus killing the one-shot-concepts and implementing more patterns to bosses and encounters in general. So that skill is really needed. And not just luck. Vaal-Oversoul (is that the name?^^) is a good example for a boss that is the way to go. Hell, even Malachai, if the floor was a little bit larger...

And to answer your question: If a game is well designed there is no such thing like OPness. There are only moments where you feel OP. You've build this fire-heavy mage and you encounter weak-to-fire-mobs. OP. You encounter a fire-elemental: Not so OPish ;) It is important to feel godlike, as i said. But i believe that you can only feel godlike if there are elements in a game that remind you of still being a mortal :) So: don't nerf the build that one-shots Uber-Atziri. Just implement a boss that cannot be one-shotted by this build. But can be devastated by the 2000ex build. There should be a reason to spend 2000ex. More than just feeling mirrorish ;)

So: leave the game as it is in terms of builds, powerlevel and stuff. Just implement more and better challenges. Created based on the actual game. Look at the builds, look at your items, your BiS-Gems, your strongest acendancy classes and so on. And then focus on challenging them. I don't know. Maybe this is a horrible idea. But i think it is way better than just generally nerf stuff as you proposed (no offence!). 50% off to all aoe-stuff? That is a dangerous path imo.

Btw.: What do you think of an implementation of the d3-system: Barbs, Monks and Crusaders take 30% less damage (it was 30% right?). In POE you could do this for example by giving "takes X percent less damage" or "increases max-elemental resistance X by X percent" to melee-skills.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Jun 21, 2016, 7:14:25 AM
"
Xtorma wrote:
Yeah, back when Dual Spark was good and people farmed Lunaris for EXP and Loot.

Back when people actually played in groups on short allocation in random parties with other players.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jun 21, 2016, 7:30:56 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Yeah, back when Dual Spark was good and people farmed Lunaris for EXP and Loot.

Back when people actually played in groups on short allocation in random parties with other players.

That was a fucking terrible time why the fuck would anyone want that back lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info