Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

"
grepman wrote:
"
Assfinder wrote:

Do you skip getting Ascendancy since you think it's optional?

no. I think mostly the last two points are very optional. obviously it's weird if something marketed as aggressively and providing so much power as ascendancy classes is not taken. but at the end of the day, not having those points doesnt make you super gimped. my first toon in 2013 in poe had only blue gear in merciless, and it was far a bigger struggle than not having ascendancies.

but I like the labyrinth a lot. if I hated the lab like many people do, I wouldnt get ascendancy points. I'm not the type to continue eating cactus if Im crying (unless I like eating cactus and crying)

You can do the lab without picking an ascendancy. And yet, you still get it. Interesting.
What about 6 asc-points are mandatory (and fucking easy to get). And only the last 2 are optional, or: achieved after investing a little bit more? There is too much black and white shit going on here. And i need somebody to show me that merciless lab is a big deal. Run it, get your points, never do it again. Fuck the enchantments if you don't like lab. Because enchantments are definitely optional.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
nothing is mandatory, you can skip parts of the game if you want.

Ascendancy is a big carrot but it's also how the game is made to be played. It's a big part of the content. To skip a part of the content is a choice but it cant be the "normal" choice. The normal choice is to "finish" the game for the sense of accomplishement. To go further. To discover new thing. To follow the path of the game and not go agains it.

a lot of ppls do not bother with atziri but it's fine! totally optionnal, "low reward", no direct improvement, maybe only wealth or items for your charactar; it's an optionnal challenge on top of other content.

Ascendancy is different, it's transform the core of the game: Skill tree and progression of the character. The bonuses are permanent, cost nothing (only time to ascend) and grant insane powers. It's not the case for items or wealth/currencies given by the others parts of the game.
In short, ascendancy can be skipped but it's not how the game was made to be played.
Atziri can be skipped and it's how it was made to be played.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 23, 2016, 8:56:55 AM
"
caboom wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Play a build that isn't so "power-creepy". But, I agree that the game is getting out of control. They really need to sit back and rebalance the entire game. I'd take that over act V any day.

this, only a few skills or combination of skills with items are facerolling everything, then we have a lot of average and borderline unusable skills that need a miracle just to do decent.

No, that's wrong

Power creep is so high that any skill with decent weapon/gear (previous BIS items are now so cheap, kinda easy to stuff) and a bunch of more multiplier is now t9 / 12+ capable kinda easily now.

Is that build diversity ?
I guess we can say yes.

Some are bad. like lightning strike or arctric breath who get impeded by in game objects or on point skills like heavy strike since it's all about AOE clear speed but for most part you are right. Almost everything is GG to 14 maps now. After that it's simply leech dps defense equation where some shine brighter.
Git R Dun!
cleaning speed is god because dps is already so high that it doesnt matter anymore so skills with big aoes or movement speed will always be favoured.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 23, 2016, 5:13:00 PM
"
"
grepman wrote:
"
Ascendancies are not optional now (as pointed out by the mighty C. Wilson himself), and will be even LESS optional in the future.

That said, if you feel that your character's damage is getting OUT OF CONTROL, don't take the Ascendancy points.

Mmmk?
that is not good logic. thats like saying if you think the prices are rising, buy less shit. sure, its a bandaid solution, but that doesnt change the fact that prices are rising.

its an ostrich defense. stick your head in the sand and pretend like its not true, when it clearly is.

Oh.

I guess that's a confirmation of what we all know to be true.

The points are indeed mandatory.
if you cant use logic, I cant help you, buddy. sorry.

"

You can do the lab without picking an ascendancy. And yet, you still get it. Interesting.

whats so interesting about it ? I can do all content on standard without getting any ascendancies; do you question my ability to do so ? there are toons I have no interest in playing, but I can steamroll them through red maps (with gear that is not your regular standard gear, but much worse) without ever bothering to run lab.

the game was already steamrollable pre-ascendancy- it was almost the same content, literally.
The power creep got me back playing PoE, so I feel it's a good thing.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 24, 2016, 1:26:24 AM
"
grepman wrote:

"

whats so interesting about it ? I can do all content on standard without getting any ascendancies; do you question my ability to do so ? there are toons I have no interest in playing, but I can steamroll them through red maps (with gear that is not your regular standard gear, but much worse) without ever bothering to run lab.

the game was already steamrollable pre-ascendancy- it was almost the same content, literally.

It's interesting because despite you claiming it's optional, you still get ascendancy. Even moreso, as you say, you already can steamroll the game without ascendancy. Doesn't ascendancy make the game too easy for you, then?
Ascendancy is not optional some are build enabling/defining. Sure you can still face roll game with the previous meta which had very limited builds but you wont play half of whats out there now without ascendancy. How did you guys get on this anyway?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 24, 2016, 1:51:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info