Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

A sequel of this thread here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1688892
about a new map mechanic, rush, to use the powercreep dps ( or to try to make it meaningfull somewhat)

Since 2.0, everything became easier... The ascendancy gave so much power!

Oh we have to play the game to reach thoses powers, to clean the labyrinth, to do boring stuff withou appeal for shitty rewards.

And then we become killing machines ! We still get oneshot by volatile in melee, we get raped by reflect without converted damage. But we wreck packs at the speed of the light and even atziri's uber and dual core malachai are killed within seconds.

Then the game becomes boring, still getting unavoidable oneshots and killing too fast for our own good.

What's the fuck?

Is it fun?

Dont get me wrong, the ascendancy is a good thing, great idea, good customization.

But the content of the game is not challenging enough. There is no pressure, we wreck, yawn and dont feel concerned if we die. (ok hardcore is another story)

I dont want to kill 34282829822 monsters per second (MPS!), it doesnt feel powerfull and it's not interresting.

I want to feel motivated by a reward when i do something and i want to have a feeling of accomplishment when i kill something.

The start of the game can give this feeling, but it's out of control with 6 ascendancy points and level 85+

And also , without loot filter there is so maannnnnnyyy items it's totally bullshit and unwanted , cant we get less but more meanningfull loot?

GGG tried to counter that by making the labyrinth, it doesnt require a lot of dps, it has a lot of strategy and has a difficulty that "should" be always the same for every character, they failed completely but it was the main idea behind it, i guess.

I dislike the lab but i approve the idea behind it.

Spoiler
Now, path of exile has two choices:

To create new map tier and multiply the monster's hp by 30 and grants more exp per mobs with more interesting rolls on rares items( higher ILVL items or more chance to get good ILVL affixes) and more currency per time spent. We kill slower, so we potentially take more damage; so we have a sense of accomplishment and a challenge. Bosses dont need to oneshot us, they will take more time.

Or include a fast run system. If we clean the map extremely fast, we get a reward. A map, a currency, a card.... something that is RNG and motivating to keep rushing thoses maps at the speed of the light.

With differents reward depending of the time spent in the map.

an example for gorge
Under 1:30 : a RNG card that could drop in the map itself
Under 2:10 : a map one tier lower than the map used
Under 2:40 : a little currency ( fusing, chaos, 3 jews...)
( thoses number should be balanced with the type of map and layout)
Depending of the number of affixes on the map, the lime left to gain a reward is increased.
15 seconds per affix. With 6 affixes, 90 seconds

( with temp chain even the timer goes slower)
OF course, when we die we lose a lot of time.
This way, we have a goal, a reward, a challenge. The powercreep becomes usefull and we have a pressure, something to achieve.

OR a mix of both is cool too.

Another possibility is this

"
a New currency, like a sacrifice item, that we use with a map in the map device.

it shall be easy to get, not rng gated, worths a chaos, and it shall add 5000% monster life ( 51 times life) and 800% xp ( 9 times) and the map DOESNT DROP ITEMS, ONLY CURRENCIES AND MAPS at a normal droprate.

Let's call this new currency " Obnoxious omen"

Obnoxious Omen also adds a new mechanic to the map: Rush

A map with rush has a 5 mins counter. When the times runs out, it stops the player and monster movements.

Then the player is rewarded by the amount of monsters killed. If the player kills the boss, he gets a good reward on top of the other rewards. It also depends of the type of map and it's tier.

Then, after the reward phase, the button " return to town/hideout" is shown in big. The player cannot move anymore so it's the only option left anyway.

This way, we dont care about loot itself, but still spend time to pick the worthy currencies and maps. We can ruuush and compare the kill speed, while having rewards at the end for our efficiency.

Note that to prevent or avoid any bug, the leader of the party can choose to END the map manually with a BIG "stop button", then the rush system will give the reward, block the player and force him to leave as said before.

Note that most normal monsters in T10+ have 10K life, with rush they get 510 000 life!
So to clean the whole map, it needs to deals a lot of damage, because we cannot stun easily we take a lot of damage too!

In short, it's a race against the game, and the powercreep becomes needed to be EFFICIENT IN THIS MODE.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 21, 2016, 2:39:49 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 1:48:28 AM
It is all part of the GO GO meta...
Must go fast, must grind fast.

I think next patch brings a halt to this... not by nerfs, but by hard mechancis that impact every zone...
a man is full of hope
I'll admit, the power creep bothers me more than the Labyrinth does.
Unique items as well.

More than anything, the forums are what bugs me the most but for some sick, stupid, idiotic reason I keep coming back and actually responding.
I'd call it masochism if there weren't a far worse word at the tips of my fingers.

OPTIMISM.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jun 20, 2016, 9:52:22 AM
Play a build that isn't so "power-creepy". But, I agree that the game is getting out of control. They really need to sit back and rebalance the entire game. I'd take that over act V any day.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Play a build that isn't so "power-creepy". But, I agree that the game is getting out of control. They really need to sit back and rebalance the entire game. I'd take that over act V any day.

this, only a few skills or combination of skills with items are facerolling everything, then we have a lot of average and borderline unusable skills that need a miracle just to do decent.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Moar grind! Moar oneshots! Yay!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:19:50 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You know you can shift some of that powercreep from offense over to defense right?

Naah. That's for scrubs./s

Anyway, I think the future is in gotta-go-fast gameplay. I want to believe that GGG's approach of giving monsters special skills is going to make PoE g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ hard again. Stuff like the sparker skellies already work. Bearers are a good example, too. If they just made every pack spawn with special monsters, the game could be challenging again.

The secret is to have enemies that can attack you before their brief, miserable life ends(aka sparkers again) or right after they die (aka bearers again.) I secretly want every pack of monsters to just be the new special stuff.
Agreed. It has become insane. Moreover the actual difficult maps dont drop, so you are banished to faceroll mid-tier.

I hope that for the next update, GGG buffs content considerably. The imporovements to the leveling phase did absolutely nothing. Ok, skele mages hit a bit harder, but that's it...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You know you can shift some of that powercreep from offense over to defense right?

It would be simply ineffective unless you want to level past 90 or are playing HC. And you can do absolutely anything in the game around level 90 so there's really no point to level further. The XP penalty exacerbates the problem.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info