Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

"
Pewzor wrote:
There's nothing GGG could do especially it seems that OP only plays standard.

You can raise the contents to so retardedly hard that most people will quit PoE to play chess, there will still be newbs with mirrored trash crying about how the game is too easy.

IKR. dude with 1 achievement complains game too easy. /yawn
"
Pewzor wrote:

You can raise the contents to so retardedly hard that most people will quit PoE to play chess, there will still be newbs with mirrored trash crying about how the game is too easy.

Nothing? Ever heard or monster power or difficulty setting like every other game made like this has? Before my time but didnt D2 have difficulty setting?

Actually that would fix a lot of whine. power creep all the way to one shot whine.

One size does not fit all. GGG needs to accept that if they want to make more money.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 5:48:10 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
There are a gazillion interesting to play builds that aren't BiS that won't lead to a "PoE is too easy" result. If chaos was allowing double dipping or some one found a build that shotgunned one-shot everything and you don't want PoE to be that easy then by god why are you playing that type of build?

because this build should be balanced with the rest of the content! this is powercreep for you!
what matters is the content that you can do with thoses builds. If the content becomes too easy, either thoses builds need a nerf or the content should become harder.

Everything can become op with the good ideas and "abuse" of mechanics, it's a matter of inspiration, motivation, time and currencies. It starts somewhat shitty then reachs astronomical numbers.

No it's not anormal to oneshot monsters with mirrored gear! It's not the problem

To get stronger and stronger is a fundamental mechanic of an ARPG, customization too, feeling of progression too. Thoo POE offers the progression and customization without the reasons and meanings to use thoses. There is no feeling of progression tho you can still become more and more powerfull.

What's the difference between to kill packs in one keypress at level 85 with optimized build/gear and to kill packs in one keypress at level 95 with perfectly optimized gear and build? The only difference, if you arent in hc, is that you will care less.

If your build is optimized and have ok gear( 15 EX max counting 6L), you will clean content at a very big speed. If you know what you do. -standard prices-

YES it REQUIRES to know the game and have a bit of money, so it requires to have played the game for more than 100 hours. But the possibilities to improve the damage are going too far atm , even with a balanced char or tanky char. Glass cannon builds are overkill nowaday.

What can we do? New tier maps with 10 times more hp for monsters and higher level drop?
Nerf dps a lot and slowdown the speed of the game while increasing affix rolling chance for rares?

the damage of the monsters is okey, if they have the time to hit back... I'm still not talking about bosses, but packs.

But it's path of oneshot packs atm
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 20, 2016, 5:59:45 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I dont see how that amazes you. Path of least resistance is human nature. That doesn't mean we can't judge it OP if being objective.

What amazes me is guys like shags who make life hard on themselves. No trading and no power gaming. That's contrary to human nature.

Oh, so now you think that playing SSF is not normal. Wow, PoE allows for maximum variety of ways to play an arpg (compared to limited build choices in D3:RoS) and you criticize GGG for making PoE too much of an arpg sandbox. That also is crazy talk.

So let me understand you. It's human nature to allways play PoE with the most BiS build and when that makes for face rolling the content you cry that PoE is "too easy". You state it's not human nature to play SSF or not trade for uber gear to make a build to make play "too easy". Have you also decided that players should use cheat scripts because that's human nature to always want to take the easiest path to a game goal?

Our ways we play PoE are our own personal choices and with GGG ramping up the player power (I thank GGG for Ascendancy and Cadiro Perandus to give us more ways to play our beloved arpg) that just makes for more ways to enjoy playing PoE. We just need a less buggy, less laggy PoE, not one that limits our freedom to choose how we play.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
wehrberg wrote:
YOu know ascendancy points are optional right? You're only as powerful as you choose to be.

No, you are as powerful as the game allows you to be. It's the game task to challenge the player, not your task to gimp yourself.

Ahh, the Open Beta days, when lvl 71 Temple Piety would destroy whole parties with her zap zap zappin... Now you don't even need a topaz flask to atempt her. Crit, crit, blaam, KABLAMOO!! and she's down (lvl 81 Temple from Excavation map Zana).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
The One-shots utterly kill this game. No matter how much health you have, how much regeneration or speedy ES, you still get blapped out of the blue.

Power creep has definitely left older builds in the dust, but not everyone has access to that level of gear so, when they compensate the enemies for the new meta, we poor blokes get slaughtered - usually by something we haven't seen that's just off screen either with insane ranged alpha or reflect.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I dont see how that amazes you. Path of least resistance is human nature. That doesn't mean we can't judge it OP if being objective.

What amazes me is guys like shags who make life hard on themselves. No trading and no power gaming. That's contrary to human nature.

Oh, so now you think that playing SSF is not normal. Wow, PoE allows for maximum variety of ways to play an arpg (compared to limited build choices in D3:RoS) and you criticize GGG for making PoE too much of an arpg sandbox. That also is crazy talk.

So let me understand you. It's human nature to allways play PoE with the most BiS build and when that makes for face rolling the content you cry that PoE is "too easy". You state it's not human nature to play SSF or not trade for uber gear to make a build to make play "too easy". Have you also decided that players should use cheat scripts because that's human nature to always want to take the easiest path to a game goal?

Our ways we play PoE are our own personal choices and with GGG ramping up the player power (I thank GGG for Ascendancy and Cadiro Perandus to give us more ways to play our beloved arpg) that just makes for more ways to enjoy playing PoE. We just need a less buggy, less laggy PoE, not one that limits our freedom to choose how we play.

If you are banned for using a cheat thats some pretty hard resistance no? Have start all over. So no.
Git R Dun!
"
"
Pewzor wrote:

IKR. dude with 1 achievement complains game too easy. /yawn

read my post again, i never complained about the difficulty of the game.
I'm COMPLAINING about the lack of reasons to reach such dps and numbers and how easy it is to reach this power.
I could gimp myself by doing a very random build with random gear and nodes and kill slower, yes, but i would prefer if they added more hps to monsters :)

"
morbo wrote:
No, you are as powerful as the game allows you to be. It's the game task to challenge the player, not your task to gimp yourself.
thank man!!
can I point out something ?

its not that BiS gear and top builds being able to breeze through content

its pretty much even a severely suboptimal and plain bad builds being able to do high level content that is worrisome.

the only ways to curb it is introduce higher content (ie, feeding the creep) or sponge up/beef up enemies. otherwise if creep continues without content getting harder, it will just burst at some point. you'll have some dude starting poe throw some points around with no idea what hes doing and he'll get to red maps easily.

game is already in the state of 'offense is the best defense'. theres one thing that limits that and thats reflect that everyone who loves to stack deeps hates (gee I wonder why), and thats been reduced to a map mod you can simply roll over.

"
grepman wrote:
can I point out something ?

its not that BiS gear and top builds being able to breeze through content

its pretty much even a severely suboptimal and plain bad builds being able to do high level content that is worrisome.

the only ways to curb it is introduce higher content (ie, feeding the creep) or sponge up/beef up enemies. otherwise if creep continues without content getting harder, it will just burst at some point. you'll have some dude starting poe throw some points around with no idea what hes doing and he'll get to red maps easily.

game is already in the state of 'offense is the best defense'. theres one thing that limits that and thats reflect that everyone who loves to stack deeps hates (gee I wonder why), and thats been reduced to a map mod you can simply roll over.

This, thank man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info