Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

"
Assfinder wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

no, thats a fallacious way of looking at it.

No, ascendancy is mandatory because 2.3 was balanced around it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259

"
Due to the power creep from Ascendancy, Cruel, Merciless and Map content requires various rebalances. Rather than apply arbitrary buffs to life and damage, we have instead added monsters with new skills to higher difficulties, and have applied various corrections to specific monster skills.

being balanced around something doesn't make it mandatory- sorry, this logic is fallacious. the same content was being done even before ascendancy. and GGG's counterpoint was mostly laughable. when best defense is offense, what does it matter that mobs do more damage ? they're one shot anyway.

and things like last (7th and 8th) ascendancy points are definitely completely optional- game is steamrollable save for very few content well without those.
ascendancy being optional is like saying mapping is optional at this point.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Assfinder wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

no, thats a fallacious way of looking at it.

No, ascendancy is mandatory because 2.3 was balanced around it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259

"
Due to the power creep from Ascendancy, Cruel, Merciless and Map content requires various rebalances. Rather than apply arbitrary buffs to life and damage, we have instead added monsters with new skills to higher difficulties, and have applied various corrections to specific monster skills.

being balanced around something doesn't make it mandatory- sorry, this logic is fallacious. the same content was being done even before ascendancy. and GGG's counterpoint was mostly laughable. when best defense is offense, what does it matter that mobs do more damage ? they're one shot anyway.

and things like last (7th and 8th) ascendancy points are definitely completely optional- game is steamrollable save for very few content well without those.

Do you skip getting Ascendancy since you think it's optional?
"
Assfinder wrote:

Noone that's not delusional skips ascendancy.

He's just arguing on the same basis as saying 4 link is all you need to kill atziri. 5L and 6Ls are optional.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 22, 2016, 8:42:48 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Assfinder wrote:

Noone that's not delusional skips ascendancy.

He's just arguing on the same basis as saying 4 link is all you need to kill atziri. 5L and 6Ls are optional.

I like the whole sequence of fail logic that happens:
Here's new content, Ascendancy classes! Cool, right?
I like it, but I don't like the Lab.
Well, it's optional, you don't need it.
wut.
"
Assfinder wrote:

no. I think mostly the last two points are very optional. obviously it's weird if something marketed as aggressively and providing so much power as ascendancy classes is not taken. but at the end of the day, not having those points doesnt make you super gimped. my first toon in 2013 in poe had only blue gear in merciless, and it was far a bigger struggle than not having ascendancies.

but I like the labyrinth a lot. if I hated the lab like many people do, I wouldnt get ascendancy points. I'm not the type to continue eating cactus if Im crying (unless I like eating cactus and crying)

Last edited by grepman on Jun 22, 2016, 9:06:42 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Assfinder wrote:

no. I think mostly the last two points are very optional. obviously it's weird if something marketed as aggressively and providing so much power as ascendancy classes is not taken. but at the end of the day, not having those points doesnt make you super gimped. my first toon in 2013 in poe had only blue gear in merciless, and it was far a bigger struggle than not having ascendancies.

but I like the labyrinth a lot. if I hated the lab like many people do, I wouldnt get ascendancy points. I'm not the type to continue eating cactus if Im crying (unless I like eating cactus and crying)

As a shadow. More crit/multi and free culling? Def not optional
IGN:Flickfrap
Ascendancies are not optional now (as pointed out by the mighty C. Wilson himself), and will be even LESS optional in the future.

That said, if you feel that your character's damage is getting OUT OF CONTROL, don't take the Ascendancy points.

Mmmk?
"
Ascendancies are not optional now (as pointed out by the mighty C. Wilson himself), and will be even LESS optional in the future.

That said, if you feel that your character's damage is getting OUT OF CONTROL, don't take the Ascendancy points.

Mmmk?
that is not good logic. thats like saying if you think the prices are rising, buy less shit. sure, its a bandaid solution, but that doesnt change the fact that prices are rising.

its an ostrich defense. stick your head in the sand and pretend like its not true, when it clearly is.

Last edited by grepman on Jun 22, 2016, 11:34:30 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"

Mmmk?
that is not good logic. thats like saying if you think the prices are rising, buy less shit. sure, its a bandaid solution, but that doesnt change the fact that prices are rising.

its an ostrich defense. stick your head in the sand and pretend like its not true, when it clearly is.

Oh.

I guess that's a confirmation of what we all know to be true.

The points are indeed mandatory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info