Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

Jap, you are right, better focus only on kill-speed. My thoughts were a little bit too complicated. About more monster life: I think this is enough. More damage-output is not needed then. If you increase both, the gap between OP-players and casuals will become too big. Not of course, if you implement a special "die hard" mode too.

The idea of the "omen" orb is pretty close to grifts, i dare say ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Jun 21, 2016, 11:29:12 AM
if the rewards are shitty enough, there will be no shift between casual and "pro" :p cuz pros will do it for fun and pressure, probably alone or with optimized team for the challenge and casuals wouldnt try it without preparations, probably alone.

A bit like a raid on MMOS adapted for the powercreep.

i adapted the monster's life in my previous post because 200K life is already oneshootable for a lot of builds ( seriously!) so i put them at 500K

I have 5M to 20M dps flicker, i believe that i could still clean Gorge RUSH too fast and even kill the boss under 2:30 mins....

Yeah, with 500 000 life for each monster...

It's how ridiculous the powercreep is atm.

But for the sake of "balance" i cant put 1M life for each monster :P, it shall be enjoyable for a 100K dps build.

Well i havent played diablo 3, so i dont know what the Grift is ^^ maybe i reinvent the wheel :D
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 21, 2016, 11:54:18 AM
nvmd
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 22, 2016, 3:47:40 PM
this is the reason I'm leaving poe for now. I started playing the hc prophecy, got to lvl40 and then I thought: the endgame is about oneshotting the screen now. Do I really want to reach that part?

One concern I have as a solo/self-found player is what I see as massive inflation in the power of high-end items (like what seems to be available from the uber-lab and some of its enchants). So far PoE has been a game where you didn't need to have the "best" stuff to play it (except possibly in some of the highest-end content) and you could always find/craft perfectly adequate gear, even if it wasn't as overpowered as the "expensive" stuff.

Now the gap between the items you might reasonably find/craft yourself and the "best" items that enable people to faceroll high-end content seems to have widened enormously. At this point, I wonder if it's even possible for GGG to make the game somewhat more balanced and challenging for fully equipped characters without making the end-game almost unplayable for those who don't want to (or can't "afford" to) outfit their character with ex's. Of course, you could say that's just how the game is meant to work, and tough luck otherwise.

And making the best stuff hard to get is no solution. Trying to control power by rarity is a lost cause in games like these, where an inexhaustible supply of items flows down from above.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Self founders need to be playing standard. guys like anhunt (i think his name is) are geared better than any trader I have ever seen. But he plays std. You just dont have time to get GG and conquer end game in 3 months unless you get seriously lucky and play 24/7.

Or you need to play the totally OP builds with little gear specific check. Like miners who only need to find/craft high ES gear. No real specific unique needed.
Git R Dun!
Tanky twirl is another good end game build for self founder, again no specific unique needed
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526988/page/1
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Self founders need to be playing standard. You just dont have time to get GG and conquer end game in 3 months unless you get seriously lucky and play 24/7.

I only play in the HC temp leagues, but I don't expect to get GG, so that's fine.

But PoE is starting to feel to me like D2 did when they introduced Zod rune words etc. And it's an unstable process: you provide massive carrots in the shape of super-powerful items, then you provide more challenging content, and that has to have even bigger carrots (or possibly frogs), and so on.

PoE has to keep evolving to survive, but I really don't know where it's going right now.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Anyone that says Ascendancy point are optional are both right and wrong but always disgust me? Why? Let's see if you can figure out a way to cast 3 totems and still use a main attack. I love my incinerator Hierophant, it just wouldn't work as well or be as fun to play if I only had 1 totem (or maybe 2 if I could get the right unique). The other reason I hate comments from players that say Ascendancy is optional is that it doesn't make any fuck'n sense. Let's see now, all side quests are optional, the Labyrinth is optional, mapping is optional, temp leagues are optional, playing HC league is optional, trading is optional, races are optional... oh hell, fuck this the entire game is optional!!! See, saying "it's optional" is true and nonsensical at the same time.

no, thats a fallacious way of looking at it.

let's take conventional cRPGs. a lot of them have hard cap at levels where you barely get anything on levelups; they're specifically done for players who'd want to grind a ton and get those levels. however, they are entirelly optional. same with cRPGs that dont actually have hard cap, but also provide you fuck all after a certain level; for example, in planescape:torment after level 20 all you get is hp bonus but theres basically no cap.

the problem here is that you view it through the prism of min/maxer, hoarder, munchkin- whatever you want to call it. we all know those people in RPGs who research the game before playing, powergame through it (taking max quests possible and do as many *profitable* outcomes as possible) and become unbound Gods.

and the thing is- thats not a rule how a game should be played. sidequets are optional in almost all cRPGs. if someone plays a cRPG with the intent of actual 'role playing', he or she will not even TAKE some quests because it doesn't fit their role. so, obviously there are multiple ways to play RPGs.

your view basically screams 'if its in the game I should take it'. sure, thats one way to approach an rpg. but its certainly one of the most selfish, greedy and unimaginative ways to play it. acting like it's the only way is even worse. it screams 'look at me, I am able to add things together and optimize a certain way, Im a GENIUS'. but - it's not really the case. there's nothing genius about analyzing the meta and seeing whats powerful and then using the min/max way

whats funny is that rarely crpg punish players for powergaming, but when they do, its glorious. Age of Decadence does it really well. it forces you to play a role and makes sure you cant be jack of all trades. you simply wont be able to powergame through. and even if you try to pick optimal routes, you will spend so much time doing save-scumming only people who really care about actual roleplaying (you know, PLAYING A FUCKING ROLE)will continue to play the game. and its GLORIOUS

"

We are only as powerful as the game allows. True. Playing a max uber build that this game allows and then complaining that PoE is "too easy". That is entire optional (now where have I heard that word before?). Don't play a BiS build, remember "it's optional".

sure, and the fact is, 3 years ago the game allowed as a lot less. A LOT LESS. it was stingier with everything and now just gifts shit to players. lets call spade a spade- a lot of recent leagues are just them opening the floodgates a good amount of what was gated before.

and the thing is, there isnt much left to give to players what they couldnt before. the only things remain is high tier map drops and t1 uniques.

"

Ah... the Open Beta days... when desync deaths were as common as western states wildfires and playing a fast moving build worked best while listening to Rubberband Man. Those were the good old days... where desync separated the serious PoE players from the also rans... where Devourers were scary dangerous encounters... where combing the desert (playing 100s of hours at a time) and getting nothing ("we ain't found shit") was the norm... oh wait, it still is.

you, for some reason, are unable to distinguish between technical progress and gameplay progress. these are not the same. streaming a SD movie over 56k modem in 95 might've been tougher than streaming a movie over broadband internet right now in 4k. however, if we're comparing a classic movie from 95 to a the myriad of cookie cutter big-screen bullshit hollywood is spewing out nowadays, a classic movie from 95 is still absolutely superior, no matter what quality you're watching it on. and it will ALWAYS be better, and it doesnt matter if I have to rewind a VHS tape to watch it.

dont confuse technological progress and mechanics/gameplay quality
"
grepman wrote:

no, thats a fallacious way of looking at it.

No, ascendancy is mandatory because 2.3 was balanced around it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259

"
Due to the power creep from Ascendancy, Cruel, Merciless and Map content requires various rebalances. Rather than apply arbitrary buffs to life and damage, we have instead added monsters with new skills to higher difficulties, and have applied various corrections to specific monster skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info