Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

"
grepman wrote:
and I mean, I like playing suboptimal builds. playing meta is boring anyway, especially nowadays, to me.

it's just that these builds used to motivate me. theorycraft something cool around that skill, some synergy, etc so while its not T1 or not even T2, it can be shown to be good.

but Im not even sure how to measure shit nowadays, aside from things not being T1. even some wonky builds I tried were good enough for red maps.

the more power creep, the more challenging content will keep narrowing down to last few map tiers. nowadays when people say showcase your build and a random dude shows them gorge clear, theyre like show a real map not a fast gorge clear. and Gorge is a lvl 76 map ! can you imagine this in 2013 ? no, not really.

its kinda similar to modern day video game review scale. anything lower than 90 is shit so you operate in a very very narrow range. same in map system, right now feels like anything lower than t11-t12 is doable by any class with 6 ascendancy points and random skills (aside from some specific mod combos- which is good)

it's not about meta, as i said earlier, everything can become insanely good nowaday if you optimize properly and put enough currencies and time into it. so yeah you are right about the last part, it's a good thing actually. However the cleaning speed and powercreep is real with "good" builds that arent even meta, things die too fast and things go too fast. Last time i did a 6men party in t13 we couldnt even see the mobs because of our cleaning speed and voll lasted 3 seconds.

infernal blow can clean the whole screen with one strike and it's considered a bad melee gem.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 20, 2016, 7:19:14 PM
Compared to EQ it is.....all AOE and BOW tagged gems need at least 50% nerf. And that just a starting point. Some may need more.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Compared to EQ it is.....all AOE and BOW tagged gems need at least 50% nerf. And that just a starting point. Some may need more.

Well they won't do it you know this.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
as map cleaner, infernal blow aoe is better than EQ because it's explosion scales insanely with AOE and it's fire damage based on monster hp.

So you dont need a big dps, only a oneshot strike to trigger the explosion(hello FB). It's another story for EQ, it's very very slower ( after shock takes a lot of time) but it's awesome for bosses.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Well they won't do it you know this.

Yeah haha. then fuck it all "on point" gems like heavy strike, and freeze pulse need a 100% buff. Let everything be ridiculous!
Git R Dun!
Legit, who gives a flying f. This is fun. Its not fun to move at the pace of a damn snail.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Geisalt wrote:
But we wreck packs at the speed of the light and even atziri's uber and dual core malachai are killed within seconds.

total bullshit, only handful of builds are able to do that
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:
But we wreck packs at the speed of the light and even atziri's uber and dual core malachai are killed within seconds.

You need to spend more time in class forums. Maybe in 1.1 only a handful. But its so many today the uber kilt thread its no longer maintained the guy couldnt keep up. Two handful per class is more like it.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

You need to spend more time in class forums. Maybe in 1.1 only a handful. But its so many today the uber kilt thread its no longer maintained the guy couldnt keep up. Two handful per class is more like it.

I bet there are no more than 10 builds that can destroy double core malachai in seconds in temporary leagues
"
morbo wrote:
"
wehrberg wrote:
You know ascendancy points are optional right? You're only as powerful as you choose to be.

No, you are as powerful as the game allows you to be. It's the game task to challenge the player, not your task to gimp yourself.

Ahh, the Open Beta days, when lvl 71 Temple Piety would destroy whole parties with her zap zap zappin... Now you don't even need a topaz flask to atempt her. Crit, crit, blaam, KABLAMOO!! and she's down (lvl 81 Temple from Excavation map Zana).

Anyone that says Ascendancy point are optional are both right and wrong but always disgust me? Why? Let's see if you can figure out a way to cast 3 totems and still use a main attack. I love my incinerator Hierophant, it just wouldn't work as well or be as fun to play if I only had 1 totem (or maybe 2 if I could get the right unique). The other reason I hate comments from players that say Ascendancy is optional is that it doesn't make any fuck'n sense. Let's see now, all side quests are optional, the Labyrinth is optional, mapping is optional, temp leagues are optional, playing HC league is optional, trading is optional, races are optional... oh hell, fuck this the entire game is optional!!! See, saying "it's optional" is true and nonsensical at the same time.

We are only as powerful as the game allows. True. Playing a max uber build that this game allows and then complaining that PoE is "too easy". That is entire optional (now where have I heard that word before?). Don't play a BiS build, remember "it's optional".

Ah... the Open Beta days... when desync deaths were as common as western states wildfires and playing a fast moving build worked best while listening to Rubberband Man. Those were the good old days... where desync separated the serious PoE players from the also rans... where Devourers were scary dangerous encounters... where combing the desert (playing 100s of hours at a time) and getting nothing ("we ain't found shit") was the norm... oh wait, it still is.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 20, 2016, 10:32:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info