Player damage is out of control. POWER CREEPER

"
grepman wrote:
can I point out something ?

its not that BiS gear and top builds being able to breeze through content

its pretty much even a severely suboptimal and plain bad builds being able to do high level content that is worrisome.

the only ways to curb it is introduce higher content (ie, feeding the creep) or sponge up/beef up enemies. otherwise if creep continues without content getting harder, it will just burst at some point. you'll have some dude starting poe throw some points around with no idea what hes doing and he'll get to red maps easily.

game is already in the state of 'offense is the best defense'. theres one thing that limits that and thats reflect that everyone who loves to stack deeps hates (gee I wonder why), and thats been reduced to a map mod you can simply roll over.

Word! aka "How I rock end game and one shot all boss with a 1 alc 3L"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8&t=2m20s

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1650182
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 6:25:22 PM
good build and but bad example ;p it's not suboptimal at all ;)
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 20, 2016, 6:25:03 PM
"
Geisalt wrote:
good build and but bad example ;p it's not suboptimal at all ;)

Sure it is. 7L PoH quintuples my DPS
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 6:28:22 PM
but it's very optimal for it's cost :3

nicta is a good weapon. and can be optimal if you cannot get a good 6L ! bitterdream is great too for some setups.

And as you shown, it's clearly enough to wreck everything. So what's the point of a 6L poh!?

Q_Q POWAAAAAAAARCREEPORZ STRIKES AGAIN
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 20, 2016, 6:30:13 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
The One-shots utterly kill this game. No matter how much health you have, how much regeneration or speedy ES, you still get blapped out of the blue.

Power creep has definitely left older builds in the dust, but not everyone has access to that level of gear so, when they compensate the enemies for the new meta, we poor blokes get slaughtered - usually by something we haven't seen that's just off screen either with insane ranged alpha or reflect.
I dunno where you're coming from with these one-shots. If your build has 4.5k hp and several defensive mechanics (block, basalt flask, and enfeeble for example) then very little should one-shot you, at least until you get into later maps with multiple damage mods. Right now I'm playing a 7k eHP build, with only Basalt flask for flat mitigation (eva/acro build) and yeah, a few things can take me down into the hundreds of eHP, but those are mostly things that I could avoid if I were more alert--like volatiles... it's not that hard to check every rare for volatile xblood, I'm just too lazy--or content that I could avoid by choice--I did a shocked ground, vuln, temp chains Village Ruin and barely didn't rip, but I could have avoided that danger altogether by not running that map.

So what I'm saying is, build for layered defenses and high eHP and PLAY CAREFULLY (e.g. don't stand close to the Bonestalkers) and you won't get one-shot.

As for leaving older builds in the dust, yeah, maybe. Ground slam marauder, meet EQ marauder. Double strike duelist, meet Lacerate duelist. All the same, I think more builds are viable now than ever before. There are usually at least 3 different viable class choices for every specific skill (bladefall totems? There's a few classes for that. Arc CotB cold-to-fire HoA? Same story) and they all play out in different ways, even using the same damage delivery method. I mean, even thinking about the OP builds, there are what, 4-5 super-OP builds now? It used to be one. There was one OP build per league. So even at the top levels, build diversity is up. I think the game is more balanced than it has been in the past, and there are more possibilities and builds to try out. PoE's balance is in a pretty good place right now, even if there could be some improvements, I think.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Geisalt wrote:

nicta is a good weapon. and can be optimal if you cannot get a good 6L ! bitterdream is great too for some setups.

And as you shown, it's clearly enough to wreck everything. So what's the point of a 6L poh!?

I had several 6L last ladder but hard to compete with Kaoms fat 1500 additional life when using VRF

Edit thats another thing how easy 6L are to get nowadays with all these fucking cards. Justicars you can farm yourself in about a day. So the droprate has also contributed to powercreeping

That belongs in a SFL not here. Also nerf all things AOE and bow tagged by 50% is my recommendation. Because even with 3L, as shown, shit if off teh hook.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 6:51:06 PM
"
So what I'm saying is, build for layered defenses and high eHP and PLAY CAREFULLY (e.g. don't stand close to the Bonestalkers) and you won't get one-shot.

it's false :p argus in uber lab crit sunder can os 7K+ hp, there is a video on youtube about this and it's too fast to dodge manually. So OS will happen, even with 8K HP! you can however reduce the odds to be OSED with more EHP, but it's doesnt prevent ALL OS, especially not telegraphed ones.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 20, 2016, 6:45:04 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

I had several 6L last ladder but hard to compete with Kaoms fat 1500 additional life when using VRF

hehe yeah, it's an interresting setup, i like it.
"
Geisalt wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

hehe yeah, it's an interresting setup, i like it.

Actually its not anymore. Something even more OP was introduced! haha

Vortex

My recommendation is use it instead of IN, in the setup below and GG...when you can afford PoH then its just insanity.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQGRBLMHHgj0DkgPqw_EEJIRDxEvEZYWQBZvFr8Yaho4G8gc3B0UIG4i9CM2JIskqiaVJy8pTyoLKjgt0jIyNuk5UjpYOtg7fDwFPV9BlkWdSVFMs1AwUXRSU1MQU1JVS1XGWAdd8mHiYqxjQ2ZUZp5qQ2qMa7dsC2yMbRlwUn_GgpuD24V7hX2J04w2jmSO6Y8aj0aP-pBVkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgm6Gdqp_foS-iAKKjotmmmacIrJius7DYtvq4yrmTvG-86r6KwFTAZsMJwzrIFM_d0B_Q9dWm2YbbXuNq44Tr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8YryHfVv96b31_rS?accountName=Aim_Deep&characterName=Jumpin_Jack_Slash

Gear

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 7:12:47 PM
and I mean, I like playing suboptimal builds. playing meta is boring anyway, especially nowadays, to me.

it's just that these builds used to motivate me. theorycraft something cool around that skill, some synergy, etc so while its not T1 or not even T2, it can be shown to be good.

but Im not even sure how to measure shit nowadays, aside from things not being T1. even some wonky builds I tried were good enough for red maps.

the more power creep, the more challenging content will keep narrowing down to last few map tiers. nowadays when people say showcase your build and a random dude shows them gorge clear, theyre like show a real map not a fast gorge clear. and Gorge is a lvl 76 map ! can you imagine this in 2013 ? no, not really.

its kinda similar to modern day video game review scale. anything lower than 90 is shit so you operate in a very very narrow range. same in map system, right now feels like anything lower than t11-t12 is doable by any class with 6 ascendancy points and random skills (aside from some specific mod combos- which is good)
Last edited by grepman on Jun 20, 2016, 7:01:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info