So Bots are also invading POE ?

"
"
(...)

I'll just keep the suspense about it.

Stay still, for a moment, taking a picture...
Spoiler
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Jan 29, 2016, 8:31:42 AM
A lot of people don't want to bother trading even when they are online. I know it's annoying when you're the buyer but it happens all the time, and it's far from being a clear sign they are botting. Just look at Nugiyen when he's streaming for example : he will almost never answer a trading offer (even for multiple chaos or higher) when he is mapping, unless he really needs currency right away, and he will not even answer "mapping" or whatever. A lot of people are like that in PoE, and no they are not bots.
IGN : @Morgoth
Sometimes I get bothered by trade messages too. But I answer them anyway. Because I know that once I put my items on forum, I'm responsible for it, otherwise I'd be a jerk.

You shouldn't go "only" by whether they answer messages or not. Looking at their clear speed also proves botting pretty efficiently... There's not many other explanations for a player to consistently spend roughly 10 minute sets in Sarn city, after which moving back to Forest Encampment and spending almost five minutes there. Rinse and repeat this for about two hours that I kept track while mapping; doesn't seem like a player to me honestly.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
he will almost never answer a trading offer (even for multiple chaos or higher) when he is mapping, unless he really needs currency right away, and he will not even answer "mapping" or whatever. A lot of people are like that in PoE, and no they are not bots.

Pretty sure no one here is talking about mapping. Anyone with half a brain can tell when someone is mapping, I don't even message people more then twice if they are mapping unless they spend a lot of time in hideout then I might try and catch them in between.

We aren't even talking about people who are roughly the same level and just running the same zone over and over to get some quick xp, I wouldn't expect them to respond either.

No we aren't talking about people that list something on poe to scam prices either because they don't ignore you all morning then suddenly sell it first whisper at night. (although I suppose it could happen, face it, this isn't the norm.)

And just to be clear we aren't talking about racers either, I don't even whisper people once I see they are in a race.

What we are talking about is people running the same zone over and over one that they are way higher level then and should have no problem responding to a whisper while they speed clear.

"
You shouldn't go "only" by whether they answer messages or not.

Right I'm not saying everyone that ignores me is a bot. I'm not even saying everyone that does exactly what I explained is a bot. I have no proof and wouldn't go reporting them. But it is evidence of botting.

Almost every online game has bots. Since everyone likes to compare to blizzard they are swarmed with them both in D3 back in auction house days, and WOW. So if you all want to go on believing there are no bots in poe go right ahead. Whenever you see RMT you are going to see bots it's pretty much a guarantee.

As far as GGG catching the people that try? It's pretty hard to prove someone is botting. Blizzard has a ton more money and botting in WOW was more obvious because they did it in public zones and followed the same exact pattern. They didn't ban as many as people would have liked. Not to mention GGG's track record has some spotty history, Beta invite scandal anyone? Or how about the guys that were caught maphacking who created new accounts the next day and were likely back to maphacking this league? That being said I don't think it's a top priority they have better things to worry about then a few bots.
yea its probably everywhere.
I think GGG implemented anti-cheat in last patch
So. am i botting because i respond to NO one who sends me tells? Nope. Unless i know you or i have items for sale on POE i will not respond.

So please report me for botting because frankly i dont want to talk to people i dont know. and yes i run the same area 1000's of times a day. once again Does that mean im botting because i didnt respond to you?

you guys are kind of pathetic
"
spawn10459 wrote:
and yes i run the same area 1000's of times a day. once again Does that mean im botting because i didnt respond to you?

You might be!

Are you? ;)
"
or i have items for sale on POE i will not respond.

sigh...
This whole thread is pretty much about whispering someone for a TRADE.

"But they track Santa's sleigh on the news! The news, how do you explain that?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info