So Bots are also invading POE ?

"
Valentia wrote:
"
I see this all the time. The way I know for sure people are botting? I will whisper a guy during day hours. Get no response so add them as a friend. I will see them going between town and some other zone repetitively. I will whisper them various times even offering twice what they are asking on poe trade just to see the response. No answer. I even will log an alternate account and whisper them incase they have me on ignore, no answer. Yet later in the day around dinner time they will log in I will whisper them once and they will respond right away.

So either they let their little bro (wife/husband whomever) play during the day but don't let them trade and they play at night, or it's a bot. And yes I have seen way more then one person doing it, that's why I suspect bots because not everyone has a little bro to farm for them all day.

I've definitely played for 14 hours basically straight and have had people spam me all day calling me a bot and trying to trick me into answering.

Sometimes I don't want to trade. Sometimes I want to play. Sometimes I don't want to deal with typing.

The general progression of peoples PMs go from asking if you are there repeatedly, lowballing you for your item, slowly upgrading their price to a somewhat reasonable amount, saying they know you are there because they are watching you switch zones, offering way more than the item is worth and calling you a bot and saying they will report you.

If I don't feel like trading I am not going to answer you.

While understandable, it's also rude to leave legit buyers hanging. A simple "No" or "Not today" would solve alot of grief such incidents cause.
Yeah, that is kind of another failure of the current player interaction/communication system. You can't set yourself as /dnd because you might miss some PMs you actually want to see, but at the same time you appear to be a complete fuckwit because you're running a shop, appearing online, but refusing to answer people who genuinely want to trade with you.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
As I said, this is not a proof but offering what the seller is asking for, and when it's not about a small amount of currency and when the price is right over a period of 24H, this is weird.

"
Not sure you know the meaning of the word 'invasion'.

Hint: it's a lot more than one aggressor.

thanks for the valuable feedback.
Spoiler
This was ironic.
I sometimes ignore PM because I am focused on the game itself and won't bother to trade. If there are too much PMs, I use /DND.

Not responding is not an evidence of botting at all.
IGN TylordRampage
People that don't responds, are not necessary bots, sometimes they are people with psicho motor problems or they are anti-social nerds or rude and illiterate people I dunno.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
From what I gather, bots are not a new thing in PoE. How strong their influence on the economy is, I don't know. We also know that there are people who use automated scripts and web bots to continuously scan poe.trade to semi-automatically snipe good deals. So even if there are, or were, no bots in the game, there is automation going on in the areas surrounding the game that rewards those who use it with a strong advantage. This will become more pronounced when GGG improves the API so that it's easier for unranked players to list their stuff on poe.trade.
Private indexer and difficulty to access information is another story, but the tech guys that can collect and analyze the data have a huge advantage.
Last edited by reliq on Jan 28, 2016, 4:16:42 AM
I think, and I only speculate here, that PoE's bot situation is probably very mild compared to other games. Better, honestly, than I expected (it being a free game with a shady third-party RMT market surrounding it). Expecting it to be completely bot-free is probably not realistic, just like there are still orb sellers spamming the channels. But relatively, and in comparison to other games, I feel the PoE is an overall good place as far as stuff like that is concerned.
"
Valentia wrote:
I've definitely played for 14 hours basically straight and have had people spam me all day calling me a bot and trying to trick me into answering.

Sometimes I don't want to trade. Sometimes I want to play. Sometimes I don't want to deal with typing.

The general progression of peoples PMs go from asking if you are there repeatedly, lowballing you for your item, slowly upgrading their price to a somewhat reasonable amount, saying they know you are there because they are watching you switch zones, offering way more than the item is worth and calling you a bot and saying they will report you.

I'm with Valentia on this one. Sometimes I just can't be arsed for a 1 chaos trade or a trade where the seller wants an item that isn't worth very much, and I'd have break my rhythm to start typing or price it.

I know it's self-indulgent to not even type a response, but on the other hand, I'm playing a game and don't really have a problem with being self-indulgent about it. Sometimes interacting with people, even through chat, is something I specifically do not want to do. At all. And if I get more than two messages I'll ignore them for 20 mins and unignore them after when they've moved on to the next person with that unique or whatever.

If I'm it's something rare that they can't just get from someone else, or something I've already priced I'll pretty much always sell it because that takes all of 15 seconds and is easy money. It's the hassle of pricing things, and how little chaos is actually worth to me that may result in buyers not getting what they're looking for.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Jan 28, 2016, 4:41:20 AM
"
Crocodarrel wrote:
"
Valentia wrote:
I'm with Valentia on this one. Sometimes I just can't be arsed for a 1 chaos trade or a trade where the seller wants an item that isn't worth very much, and I'd have break my rhythm to start typing or price it.

I know it's self-indulgent to not even type a response, but on the other hand, I'm playing a game and don't really have a problem with being self-indulgent about it. Sometimes interacting with people, even through chat, is something I specifically do not want to do. At all.

If you run a shop, then its a part of your game... neither the fact that some items are of low value (and also priced at this in your shop), nor his own interest in such items is the 'fault' of the one who ask after such. Any, just simple feedback would be the demandable minimum to take you as a 'serious' businessman.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info