So Bots are also invading POE ?

In guild chat yesterday, a mate was trying to trade with a guy for a 40c deal. He wouldn't reply even though he was active (if you add him in friend list you see exactly what he is doing).
Same thing happened to me but this time I did the same trick to see if the player was active and I could see he was doing highgate / dried lake, rinse and repeat (I pm'ed this guy like 5 times over a period of 24 hours, before sleeping and after waking up, always logged in and still doing the same thing). From POE trade you can see the playtime which was 1200+ hours (not so uncommon I know).

While this is not a "proof" they are boting, I have serious doubts.

Do you guys have same experience ?

Also there is a "spectate" button, how this thing work ? I tried but it just says i'm in a queue lol.
Can we report such player for checking at least ?
You can report them, just email support with the players IGN/Account, give them the details of why you suspect they are botting or breaching the TOS and then leave it to them to investigate.

You won't get any information about what happens from then on (they can't give you info about another players account), but they DO take reports seriously.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
reliq wrote:
Also there is a "spectate" button, how this thing work ?

It's for PvP, if someone on your friend list is participating in a PvP match clicking that will allow you to spectate the match. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
thanks both for the feedback.
I if you will check me yesterday you will see me doing 135 dried lake runs with no rest, of course if someone try to talk to me i will respond, I always hang some sell at board while doing runs.
I count the runs with the Portal Scrols, take 40, when run out take another 40 and go on.
The mechanics are very simple enter dried lake and run without stop until find Voll, maybe i do some stop for a strongbox or Talisman mob, but the longest run take 2 minutes and the shortest just one minute. I do it for hours, today i run maps because Voll kind borin me and he don't drop any Brittle at more than 300 runs.
I do 4 or 5 runs in the time my guildmate do just one, so.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Not sure you know the meaning of the word 'invasion'.

Hint: it's a lot more than one aggressor.
Interesting feedback on a previous league name.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I see this all the time. The way I know for sure people are botting? I will whisper a guy during day hours. Get no response so add them as a friend. I will see them going between town and some other zone repetitively. I will whisper them various times even offering twice what they are asking on poe trade just to see the response. No answer. I even will log an alternate account and whisper them incase they have me on ignore, no answer. Yet later in the day around dinner time they will log in I will whisper them once and they will respond right away.

So either they let their little bro (wife/husband whomever) play during the day but don't let them trade and they play at night, or it's a bot. And yes I have seen way more then one person doing it, that's why I suspect bots because not everyone has a little bro to farm for them all day.
nm
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 28, 2016, 12:46:00 AM
A lot of it is people trying to manipulate currency prices or flipper trapping. They're playing as normal, just not responding to PMs because they were never really selling anything in the first place.

Manipulate prices: Lets say you want to buy an exalt for 5 chaos less than what other people are selling (lets say 70, don't know the current rate). So you put an offer to sell an exalt for 70, and suddenly people who want to sell their exalts for real will price theirs lower because they don't want to be too low on the list. When you see someone match or go lower than your listed rate, you buy from him.

Flipper trap: lets say you have an item that you want to sell quickly. So you get an alt account stating that it wants to buy said item for a bit higher than standard value while your main account spams wts messages or groups. Flippers will see the opportunity to buy from one and sell to the other for a tidy profit, so they'll buy the item the person wants to sell. Then they're stuck when the 'buyer' isn't actually interested in buying.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 28, 2016, 1:01:29 AM
"
I see this all the time. The way I know for sure people are botting? I will whisper a guy during day hours. Get no response so add them as a friend. I will see them going between town and some other zone repetitively. I will whisper them various times even offering twice what they are asking on poe trade just to see the response. No answer. I even will log an alternate account and whisper them incase they have me on ignore, no answer. Yet later in the day around dinner time they will log in I will whisper them once and they will respond right away.

So either they let their little bro (wife/husband whomever) play during the day but don't let them trade and they play at night, or it's a bot. And yes I have seen way more then one person doing it, that's why I suspect bots because not everyone has a little bro to farm for them all day.

I've definitely played for 14 hours basically straight and have had people spam me all day calling me a bot and trying to trick me into answering.

Sometimes I don't want to trade. Sometimes I want to play. Sometimes I don't want to deal with typing.

The general progression of peoples PMs go from asking if you are there repeatedly, lowballing you for your item, slowly upgrading their price to a somewhat reasonable amount, saying they know you are there because they are watching you switch zones, offering way more than the item is worth and calling you a bot and saying they will report you.

If I don't feel like trading I am not going to answer you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info