So Bots are also invading POE ?

I don't play PoE to be a "serious businessman" I play it for fun. Although I don't entirely hate trading (it does add something to the item hunt), I don't much like it either. I never suggested there was some "fault" in buyers asking for things, but neither do I feel obliged to respond when I'm getting messaged because I started acquisition to find an item somewhere in my stash.

I'm far from the only one who feels this way, it's just so many sellers out there who seem to take umbrage when you have to nerve to try to buy something from their shop, and the reason is because they don't want to be merchants in the first place, they want to be monster slayers.

Yes, I'm selfish, but the whole buying and selling experience and how inherently bothersome it is for both parties a lot of the time has more to do with this game having a poorly designed trading system to begin with. I understand and agree with the philosophy behind not having an auction house, but the one thing you have to give it, is that it removed a lot of the bother and let you focus on having fun and killing things.
Hi guys.

IF you dont want to trade.

/dnd

Problem solved.
I'd just like to point out a few things :
1) If you suspect someone of being a bot, you can report the issue to GGG.
2) No single element of proof is sufficient to prove someone is botting. The accumulation of elements, though, can leed to that proof, or at least legitimate suspicions.
3) If you don't treat your clients with respect, don't expect them to treat you with respect either.
4) There are ways to set macros that send an answer to someone that just messaged you. As long as the macro requires to press at least one key, it should be okay to use.
"
"
Crocodarrel wrote:
Yes, I'm selfish

Yes, you are. And others that do the same thing are too.

Everyone is. The person who is upset because the seller is busy or unresponsive is upset because they don't get what they want.

"Don't be so selfish! You should do what makes ME happy instead!"
This is not a invasion. This is a thing probably from the day PoE was released. Its common sense mate, some people are just keen to cheat in a game and will always do.

And before everyone goes panic, GGG has a team exclusively banning bots 24/7 to keep the things at bay.
(thats what Chris Wilson said sometime, maybe not 24/7 but its a full team for that purpose.)

...and in this case its very certainly not even a bot. just tradethings
Last edited by voodoojin on Jan 28, 2016, 3:14:16 PM
So anyone that doesn't respond to you = bot? Nice.

I ignore people if I'm in a party and don't want to deal with trading or if they are wasting my time with terrible offers and I don't feel like negotiating and pretty much anyone that has a racist/hateful character name.

I'm obviously a bot I guess.

Its an invasion!!!
I dont see any any key!
"
reliq wrote:
In guild chat yesterday, a mate was trying to trade with a guy for a 40c deal. He wouldn't reply even though he was active (if you add him in friend list you see exactly what he is doing).
Same thing happened to me but this time I did the same trick to see if the player was active and I could see he was doing highgate / dried lake, rinse and repeat (I pm'ed this guy like 5 times over a period of 24 hours, before sleeping and after waking up, always logged in and still doing the same thing). From POE trade you can see the playtime which was 1200+ hours (not so uncommon I know).

While this is not a "proof" they are boting, I have serious doubts.

Do you guys have same experience ?

Also there is a "spectate" button, how this thing work ? I tried but it just says i'm in a queue lol.
Can we report such player for checking at least ?

hmm... maybe he dont like you, so i will also never every answer any pm from "proof" searching guys ...

and finally is everyone a bot who just dont answer you in 24 hours???
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
they come from Botswana

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I play with chat off 100% of the time... so I'm ignorant here: Can't you just turn off chat and messaging? If not, wow. I wouldn't play the game at all if I was constantly being messaged when I didn't want to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info