So Bots are also invading POE ?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
If Poe's trade system ...

what trade system? there is only a trade window ... a pragmatic solution so players don't have to throw their items on the ground anymore like they did before it's integration.
A third-party system is still a system.

does the elastic search engine which trackpete created so users can find out about price differences of certain item prices over time count too? where does that stop?

you can't add anything outside the reach of ggg to "the game" because it can be gone tomorrow without them preventing it. this also includes services outside their reach they want to prevent.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
vio wrote:

what trade system? there is only a trade window ... a pragmatic solution so players don't have to throw their items on the ground anymore like they did before it's integration.
A third-party system is still a system.

does the elastic search engine which trackpete created so users can find out about price differences of certain item prices over time count too? where does that stop?

you can't add anything outside the reach of ggg to "the game" because it can be gone tomorrow without them preventing it. this also includes services outside their reach they want to prevent.
I guess then there is no metagame either, because that's something the community forms, not something which GGG has direct control over.

To which you respond: GGG influences the meta in the way it (im)balances gems, items and the passive tree.

To which I respond: GGG influences third party indexers in the way it makes web API features (un)available.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 2, 2016, 9:00:56 PM
Bots are inevitable, but also not nearly as efficient at farming top level content as real players.
//go next
"
yeah bots are real!!! joined a party and this party leader telling us that he has a culler mf bot.

rip standart

maybe bot as in aurabot, a player who runs a lot of auras and shit
"
Jaille wrote:
"
yeah bots are real!!! joined a party and this party leader telling us that he has a culler mf bot.

rip standart

maybe bot as in aurabot, a player who runs a lot of auras and shit

Gary needs Vagan's mod so he dosen't miss the joke next time
"
laimisbaimis wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Thanks for sharing I guess.

I'm glad GGG allows us to discuss stuff like this on their forums, instead of deleting/locking it. After reading through this whole thread, I'm inclined to believe that botting isn't that big of a deal for PoE, and that it doesn't really affect me as an average joe player.

This is refreshing coming from the Counterstrike community, where cheating is a HUGE problem, and the community hubs (hltv and reddit) actively work to stifle discussion on the matter.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Feb 22, 2016, 5:58:59 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:40:24 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Trentemoller wrote:

This is refreshing coming from the Counterstrike community, where cheating is a HUGE problem, and the community hubs (hltv and reddit) actively work to stifle discussion on the matter.

Well that's kind of ironic now.

yeah LOL
REPORT THEM BRO!

I got 3 confirmed kills!
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Does anyone know if you "ignore" someone, and then they PM you, do they get a message in return? Maybe a "you've been ignored schmuck" would be a helpful addition by GGG to the messaging system.

Maybe OP messaged this person or others before and got ignored. On the flip side of this, when you ignore someone you never see messages from them ever again.

Just by reading this post, I get that spidy sense tingling that they've been added to multiple ignore lists.

I have been ignored before...

For each whisper you send, you will get a message telling you that you have been ignored by this player. So yeah, you will know when you are ignored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info