Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

Bumping this thread hoping that this problem will be fixed asap.
I emailed support about this issue, and got the following reply:

"
We've received many reports of
problems with ATI cards, and there are a few responses scattered
through various threads that have been made. We have the cards on our
list to check and optimize for, but our lead programmer is still
dealing with the numerous problems caused by Open Beta so we likely
won't be able to investigate for at least a month, sorry! Any
information you can come up with for how well different driver
versions perform would be helpful, though we will of course do these
tests when we have copies of the cards in the office.

So, they are aware of the issues, but we will have to wait for a fix. I will downgrade to my old nVidia card in the meantime.
I suffer from the same issues. HD5650.
More info in thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/60009/page/5/#p1258454
same here. ati mobility radeon hd 2600. Even idle in town have some drops to 4-5 fps for no reason.
5650 here, and my FPS is pretty low (30s), but then again I'm playing on a laptop.
XFX 4870 with updated drivers. Had woeful FPS readings straight from the get-go. Its funny though that in closed beta i never experienced such problems.
Using an ATI on my Imac 2011, I dont remember the exact GPU model(Im at shcool) but it has 512mb ram, 8gb for my system and a i3 3,2 ghz cpu.

I installed POE on a windows xP 32 bits partition, it only recognizes 3 gb of ram but still it runs perfectly when solo (with everything turned down, largest resolution)but when I go group i Get huge spikes (less than 10 fps)whenever some1 is using any high particles skills such as power sipho,, lighting arrow or minions(wich are all used a lot). For some skills like poison arrow its an instant 2 fps freeze, even in solo all these meanningless particles makes me lag.

I am currently playing a lvl 66 ranger and i cant use the most effectives skills as lightning asrrow or poison arrow, I need to adapt the build to something more graphically stable(pure physical again...) wich kinda ruins something about this gaming experience.

Piety' zone is so laggy, i usually get disconnected like 1-3 times during this fight when in a party.

Act 3 in general is really laggy and unstabble in comparison of the 2 other, i need to quit some groups because of the lag.

In conclusion I feel like this game can be way more fluid by making some easy changes, im not a game designer but the animation for certain skills could be changed in a much more stable way(for poison arrow, lighnting arrow, power siphon etc). As well as all auras that are given to minions in multiplayer partys, can this just be trigered off?
Last edited by Tiguidou on Feb 18, 2013, 11:59:21 AM
HD 6850

It was fine a weak ago (ever since Closed Beta - more than half a year ago), but after I update the driver, the game started sluggish.

1) One of my six CPU is at 80%-100%
2) After update ATI Catalyst and drive (to 9.12.0), the problem occurs. Even I try to recover from backup, the game no longer works (maybe I also changed some settings as well).
3) After a windows update .NET and some other things (probably not related).
4) GPU is running at 30%-70%
5) Frame time at 6-18, FPS at 300, however, the graphic takes double than before, even at character selection screen, where it is no longer responsive (click create and a char, then click cancel, it requires all animation to be fully ran, before it is responsive).

Trying to turn vSyn on, and it loads slightly better, as I believe it offloads something to CPU instead of GPU. Meanwhile, turning off shadows didn't help, which means the lighting aspect is not an issue either.

My believe is, it has something to do with the driver. There maybe some graphic from PoE that is being calculated from GPU to CPU, maybe some animation and scaling issues? Not using hardware accelerator?

Hope this gets fixed.
Last edited by markshiu on Feb 18, 2013, 4:01:54 PM
every now and then I get absolutely horrible performance for no reason. Game takes forever to load, runs at 1-5 frames per second. Sometimes restarting game works, sometimes I have to reboot machine, but its always fixes it self and works right.
I have a i7 3770 8gigs of ram and a 2gig 7870 and ONLY in parties is when i lag. Playing solo my frame rate is a steady 60 fps but as soon as i join a party for instances that are to hard solo my frame rate goes crazy and i basically just try to not die and make it threw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info