Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

6870 here, FPS goes to shit in team battles (2+), I thought it was my graphics card being old, but I can play other games that seemingly require better graphics but run fine. I couldn't imagine PoE requiring a better graphics card than Planetside2 or SC2 in High/Ultra.
I don't think it has anything to do with the capabilities of your graphics card, as you said it performs a lot better in much more graphically demanding games. It seems there is either a driver compatibility prohblem, or Path of Exile is very poorly optimized in terms of graphics performance.
No issues with HD6950 BUT I'm still running ccc 12.10.
AA 4, AF 4x, High.
Up to 170 FPS. (Didn't get to try with more demanding scenarios)
"
Tisca wrote:
AA 4, AF 4x, High.

Have you tried playing with high settings (variance shadows, 16x AF, 4xAA) in act 3 and/or in a group, because that's were most of the problems seem to occur?
Last edited by jantjeuh on Feb 14, 2013, 7:28:08 AM
ATI card, becomes unplayable in large groups where there is excessive spell effcts, LA, summons. Can we have an option to disable or turn down spell effects until the fps drops can be fixed? At least can we have a time line totell me if I should buy a non ATI replacement card if I plan on playing in groups?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Feb 14, 2013, 7:49:26 AM
ATI Radeon 4650 HD owner here. I can't say that my rig is very powerful but it runs Diablo 3 decently for example, with some FPS drops which is totally understandable for a crappy PC. But what I get in PoE is just horrible, in some areas of Act 3 my FPS drops to literally 1-5 FPS. I couldn't kill Act 3 boss because my FPS dropped so low, the game turned into a slideshow. I'm pretty sure PoE is not as demanding as Diablo 3, so I really hope GGG will look into the issue.
This is the biggest problem there is right now I'd say. I'm sure someone will find out a solution.
"
Tisca wrote:
AA 4, AF 4x, High.

Running the same version, only on 6870, massive fps clutters on full group LA, fire golems. It's sad because my build is built around LA -.-
"
drtwdiablo wrote:
This is the biggest problem there is right now I'd say. I'm sure someone will find out a solution.

I hope so, group play is pretty much impossible at the moment :-(
"
jantjeuh wrote:
"
Tisca wrote:
AA 4, AF 4x, High.

Have you tried playing with high settings (variance shadows, 16x AF, 4xAA) in act 3 and/or in a group, because that's were most of the problems seem to occur?

Haven't played higher setting since I set it up after install. Didn't notice any visual benefits cranking it higher. Maybe graphics have changed since then. I'll test those settings next time if I'll remember.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info