Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

The problem has been acknowledged and Chris himself has said so here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/214895/filter-account-type/staff#p3353609
"
Sawm wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
The problem has been acknowledged and Chris himself has said so here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/214895/filter-account-type/staff#p3353609

Yes. I have read this when it was posted ( months ago ) but it got worst in last patches. and I cant really play honestly. I just tried. in party's I lagg to much to be anything but frustrating and I just died 3 times to a unique mob i should be destroying because every time he does lightning strike I get 0fps and get raped afk. Sorry if i seem on edge. its because I am. this is the only game I want to play. and I cant afford buying new graphic card this one already was more then I should have gotten. Still love this game. just frustrated I cant play it.

Hey there,

No need to apologize, I understand where you're coming from and use to feel the exact same way.
I had similar problems with my old PC, so I bought a new one, though that isn't a viable option for every player(my old rig was well overdue for a makeover).

If you make a new thread in this section and chuck up a DxDiag report we can take a look at your setup and offer some advice/suggestions for how to maximize its performance.
This is the best thing we can offer to you and others in the meantime while the root problem itself is being worked on.
"
Duckz wrote:
If upgrading your vid card is really one of the only options do you guys at ggg have any recommendations? My 6670 is unbearable in parties and when I watch some streamer play it gets frustrating seeing the insane fps they're getting. I don't mind upgrading if it means being able to play in parties again but I wanna make sure I'm buying a vid card that's going to work ok.

Hey there,

The problem is that we can't really say 'go out and buy this graphics card and you'll get stable 60fps no matter what', as there could be other factors that are contributing to the problem.

If you make a new thread and post up a DxDiag report we can take a look at your full system spec's and offer you advice/suggestions on how to improve things, if possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info