Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz (4 Cores)
Mushkin 240GB solid state drive
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 Build 7601
HP 2511x monitor connected with high-end HDMI cable
Radeon HD 7850 through PCIe 3.0 x16 (HD7850-DC2-2GD5) DirectX 11
G-Skill Ripjaws X (2X 4GB DDR3)
800W NZXT Power Supply (80 Plus Gold)

Tests I've tried to do to fix visual distortion:

You can set all options in different configurations of "ON" and "OFF", but the visual distortion persists. It mostly happens while moving horizontally (left and right) across the screen in game with the character. Moving in vertically (up and down) don't seem to create as much distortion. The visual distortion is more obviously seen when looking at highlighted text such as in the loot dropped or highlighted text about NPC's names while moving your character. It looks like the text is vibrating to the point it makes it blurry to read, ONLY while your character is moving. When your character isn't moving, all visuals look great with a constant fps of greater than or equal to 60 fps. On average my fps is fairly constant (even while moving my character) and is only really affected when turning "ON" or "OFF" the "vsync" option in the game. I've tried using the Catalyst Control Center and Radeonpro to over-ride the in game options, but no combinations of CCC or Radeonpro settings seemed to fix the visual distortion. I've also tried to plug my Radeon HD 7850 card into a Samsung 42" HDTV using the HDMI cable I was using to connect to my HP 2511x monitor and the visual distortion persisted. I've looked all over the web for solutions but none have worked. I re-installed Path of Exile (PoE); didn't work. I tried all the CCC settings with the newest driver; didn't work. I defragmented my solid state drive with my PoE game installed on it; didn't work. From searching on Google, seems the PoE community are having AMD GPU issues with the Radeon HD 7000 series and possibly HD 6000 and HD 8000 trying to run PoE... I've tested different graphic options with different screen resolutions and nothing fixed the visual distortions.
I've also tested my HP 2511x with HDMI and Radeon HD 7850 setup with Battlefield 4, Counter-Strike Global Offensive and League of Legends, and no such similar blurry vibration visual distortions were ever present in any of those games, and they both ran perfectly fine with good fps and graphics. Makes me think that this could be a specific issue between the HD 7850 and PoE, considering my equipment is fairly high-end, and works with more graphically demanding games. In addition, I've submitted a support resquest with AMD about this as well.

Please save me and the many others who are plagued by this tortures visual distortion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info