Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

Simply because PoE has performance issues on "older hardware" at the moment, there is not much you can do about it really if you want to play the game, except trying to minimize it by running as much as possible on low settings -EDIT- and/or tune your computer I guess
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 20, 2014, 2:07:53 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
Simply because PoE has performance issues on "older hardware" at the moment, there is not much you can do about it really if you want to play the game, except trying to minimize it by running as much as possible on low settings.

Stop generalizing, you have no idea what hardware people have but you call it "older hardware".
I have an AMD HD6850, it's 5 years old. It works very fine even with newer games, so the problem is not the card, it's the game.

I put it between quotes for a reason, that is how GGG literally labeled systems like that in their answer on this issue.

But yeah ATI HD GPU cards can be considered as "older".

You're right, the problem is the game. I know that the game should run fine on those cards considering the performance of other games on those cards.

But it doesn't so my answer still stands...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 13, 2014, 6:07:38 AM
Well I was having the same problem as you guys until I did some messing with the drivers

Feel free to give my fix a shot, and post feedback too :)

It may not work for everyone, but it doesnt hurt to try

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/948185
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Well I was having the same problem as you guys until I did some messing with the drivers

Feel free to give my fix a shot, and post feedback too :)

It may not work for everyone, but it doesnt hurt to try

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/948185

Coincidentaly, today I upgraded to catalyst 14.4 , so let's see if it gets better. :)
Tried possible fix and it did nothing for me. Performance is unchanged. Curious how others made out.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Tried possible fix and it did nothing for me. Performance is unchanged. Curious how others made out.

I still got crashes with ati drivers.
Performance seems the same.
Last edited by aliggato on Jun 16, 2014, 11:10:41 AM
Thank you Aliggato, sorry to hear no improvement, not surprised though. Pretty much putting this game on hold at this point, until I get a different video card (one not named AMD/ATI). In no rush honestly though, all other games run just fine with no issues.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Thank you Aliggato, sorry to hear no improvement, not surprised though. Pretty much putting this game on hold at this point, until I get a different video card (one not named AMD/ATI). In no rush honestly though, all other games run just fine with no issues.

Performance, I don't know where it comes from, GGG should study this, if it comes from the game and why graphics are slow on AMD cards.

Crashes, I also don't know where it comes from, I got no answers from GGG or AMD about this.
See http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/947685 .But fortunately my crashes are quite rare.
Last edited by aliggato on Jun 20, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Not on my R290, you should not generalize this issue to all AMD cards.

It is mostly the older ATI cards the work not really well for PoE
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 20, 2014, 2:54:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info