Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

Nearly a one year old thread reposted and same problems with AMD/ATI cards. Losing hope anything will be done with this well known problem. It's a shame because its a wonderful game a lot of people reluctantly leave because of poor performance issues.
Yea.....I thought so.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Yea.....I thought so.

You do realize that the vast majority of the ATI/AMD performance problems were fixed months and months ago right?...back when they reduced the size of the art assets totaling 2 gig, of course you still get some frame drops no matter if you are nvidia or ATI/AMD but it's not like what is reported here where the FPS bombed to zero and you essentially got a mini pause.

If you still have the problem you might want to defrag the game file with the defrag tool that's floating about the forums and possibly posting a dxdiag for support in your own thread detailing your problem fully.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Did all the above and a lot more. Did everything and furnished all reports asked of me from GGG support (which were excellent....very prompt, patient, and prof). Nothing helped to make the game playable in group play. Not sure what they fixed, but plenty of people are experiencing exactly the same issues.
HD 6570 and having tons of issues, my pc isnt all that good but b4 I could play without having to restart my PC. Now I get lots of 'BSODs' etc etc
Same here, no bsod's, just very poor performance in group play. Solo is better and playable.....just gets boring always playing alone. Guilds, trading, performance problems, my interest is fading to be honest. This game could have been so much more.
Had the same problem with HD4850, upgrading to R290 resolved it
Hi,
I have the same problem, on ATI card, the game is slow...Toot bad.
Thanks
I know how this sounds but: Buy a better GPU! :D
Why buy a "better" card when it runs every other similar game just fine. I think at this point I'd prefer to keep my current system which I am just fine with, and play a game that runs well on it. No offense to anyone, I wish I was lucky enough to run it in group play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info