Path of Exile seems to perform poorly on ATI/AMD cards?

"
Woodmansee wrote:
Hate to be brutal, I really like the game, but it runs like crap on my 7970, and I'm going to wait until something is done.

Same here, I got the radeon hd 7970 3GB Diamond card and It just gets raped... Dock runs I drop to 5 fps to 60 5 to 60 continuously and it's brutaaaal.
Lv 93 Necro.
Same issue.

ATI Mobility HD 5870
16GB RAM
i7
Driver packaging version: 9.002-120928m-148226C-ATI
D3D version: 9.14.10.0926
CCC version: 2012.0928.1532.26058
OpenGL version: 6.14.10.11931

Docks is the worst, and only in very large parties. Lightning seems to be what may be causing it, but since every 6 man party has 3 lightning strikers, hard to say...and I use LS myself.

I've tried a lot of different things. All combinations of graphics, turning mipmapping up and down in CCC. Turning off CCC's "AI," whatever the hell that is. Releasing the "application-driven" settings, and setting the exact values in CCC...etc.

Also, what the hell is "1, 2, 3" for Antialiasing? Is that how nvidia does it? Just some number?
IGN Cymric
Last edited by Cymric on Feb 19, 2013, 6:32:50 AM
GGG are aware of the issues, but it's currently not a priority (probably desyncs are). We will have to wait a month or so.
Same issues with a 7850
"
jantjeuh wrote:
GGG are aware of the issues, but it's currently not a priority (probably desyncs are). We will have to wait a month or so.

I'm going to stay active on this topic, as this is not a minor issue. Anyone who is likely to stay in the game will have to farm in the most affected area through the most difficult levels to deal with. I've died numerous times to 1 frame every 5 seconds on a computer more than equipped to run the game. I've recommended the game to many people, and would love to see it succeed, but I suspect that ATI cards were simply not even tested with the latest drivers when the shaders were programmed.

The community has been very active in giving specs and scenarios where they see the issue occurring, and I think it's owed to dedicated players who go out of their way to give any information that the team needs for us to be somewhat of a priority. Not only that, but they've now come leaps and bounds from the opening week with stability concerns, so we're due an updated priority list.

And kudos to the development and systems teams for the quick response on stability issues. All games have them, and you all handled it very quickly and smoothly compared to tons of other online game launches I've seen.
IGN Cymric
Last edited by Cymric on Feb 19, 2013, 12:55:19 PM
"
Cymric wrote:
I've recommended the game to many people, and would love to see it succeed, but I suspect that ATI cards were simply not even tested with the latest drivers when the shaders were programmed.

That's my guess as well. However, GGG are a smallish company and do not necessarily have the funds nor the time to test the game on all cards. I hope we get a fix soon.
desktop hd 5700 radeon has been getting big frame drops randomly

windows 7 64 bit
Asus EAH6870 1GB GDDR5 here. Couldn't do big parties esp with lightning arrow, lightning strike, poison arrow spamming - fps drops to 1-5; Couldn't play solo with lightning strike without lag spikes every hit. Normally get 59-90 fps in solo combat, 90-111 in town.

Used the solution illustrated in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162543, though the referenced guru3d post is probably more comprehensive. Slight improvement in that with a full party of lightning arrow/strike spammers I only drop to 30+ fps. Still a bit choppy but not unplayable like before.
I have been playing this game for weeks without any problem.
Yesterday i started getting BSOD out of no where..
This game is very buggy with the Hardware people have in their systems it seems like, GGG should really have given more closed beta spots to people with all sorts of different videocards etc.. anyway all in all i hope they can fix this issue asap cuz I myself cannot play this game as of yesterday I get the BSOD every time i log in to play, very frustrating!

FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Edit: I have a ATI Radeon HD 4600
IGN: HardHead
Last edited by HardHead on Feb 19, 2013, 11:19:14 PM
7970 - No problems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info