Raise Spectre

"
Miathan51 wrote:
I'm having a great time with Raise Spectre, and since everyone seems to be whining about it, let me explain how:

I play summoner, running maps (lvl 68-72 mainly, nothing super amazing). I have zombies, skeletons, a chaos golem and spectres. Lvl 18 spectre gem, no quality.

The first mistake a lot of people seem to make is that you HAVE to have some perfect matching color slots for spectres to be remotely worth it (to add LMP or spell echo or w/e). This is not the case. I have 4L spectre with minion damage, life and speed. I tried some other things (like spell echo caster spectres, and melee damage physicals) but imo it's just not worth the tradeoff of making yourself unflexible.

The second thing is: you don't have to go to Harvest, or Sceptre of God, or any place in particular, to get spectres before starting to map. You can just start your map and summon level-appropriate spectres in there. I have yet to see my first map that has nothing worth summoning as spectre.

In general, when playing summoner like this, I noticed two things about spectres:
- They are my strongest attackers, pretty much always.
- They never die. Even my 22k HP chaos golem dies faster than spectres. The only way to make my spectres die is to let all my other minions and myself die first, and then wait with rezzing long enough for them to finally fight themselves to death (though even then they sometimes win the fight and don't die, lol).

So I can only conclude that Raise Spectre is awesome. It's not at all in a bad position right now. Is it in a bad position for people who build around spectre, and don't want to use any other minions? Perhaps. But I don't think that's a problem. There is no "specterer", there is only "summoner". If spectres alone aren't enough, then that's why zombies and skeletons exist.

No offence mate, but running low level maps can be done blind folded with a 3 link build. You can't justify the state of a gem because you can take some of the easiest content atm with a build, that most likely have bad clear speed compared to alot of other 4 linked builds.

Feedback is great sure, but when it comes down to viablity in high end game. I really hope they don't take feedback from a player using minion dmg + speed on chaos golem :S
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Last edited by Rmpz on Aug 14, 2015, 8:05:52 AM
If GGG were to ever change something about this skill is it should at least raise the Spectre according to Player Level and not Area Level. As mentioned many times before the case with using Spectres in your build. Once that level 80+ Spectre you found perfect for your character gets disconnected or they die you're done for the day till you get a map with the monsters in that equivalent level zones. All the other minions can be resummoned to scale to their new stats why not apply this to the Spectre as well.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I'm sure that this has been suggested in the past, but could it be possible to change the skill, that when you have Spell Echo linked, the Raise Spectre skill itself does not echo??

I know it's a small change, but it would be a huge QOL change for summoners.
d:-D*
I wish I could build around this skill gem. It seems fun to use. Too bad the spectres aren't persistent, scale DOWN to maps instead of UP (??? How is this balanced?), and are extremely irritating to get the right types of monsters of the right level up.

Very glad I saw the feedback in this thread and changed my mind before leveling a spectre-based character.
Hi

i have a major annoying problem as a summoner-witch that uses spectres. i spend between around 1 hour of running maps where the spectre i would like to use has a chance of appearing. sometimes you get lucky and get them straight away and sometimes you play for hours and don't get them at all. However when i finally find high level spectres i kind of feel forced to continue playing or at least leave the game running while i'm afk. What also often happens is that an "unexpected disconnection" occures, which is really frustrating if you lose your high level spectres that way.

I find this to be so unnecessary...there have been many players sharing similar experiences like mine, yet it seems like GGG doesn't care to much about issues that players who play summoners have, since i suppose there aren't many people playing them.

just make them scale with the monster level of the zone or make desecrate not be capped by zone level and that would be a simple and easy solution.
Last edited by heiderhof on Oct 5, 2015, 3:31:41 PM
Please disable raise spectre + spell echo. Its fine for my spectres themselves to use echo but when I desecrate and summon a spectre its annoying having to remove echo from my links so that I dont summone a spectre that I dont want.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Am I the only one that has issues raising the spectre I want ?

Very often the corpse lies in a pile of other corpses, which makes it impossible to raise until all other corpses have been raised as well. You can detonate them to clear out the mess but you risk detonating the corpse that you want to raise.

I run 4 spectres, if I somehow want to change one or several spectres for another type, I cannot choose which spectre shoud be discarded and replaced. I believe the spectre that gets replaced is the first raised of the lot. It's kind of a FIFO system (First in First Out).

It's very annoying. I'm not asking for spectres to be kept after log off like the Guardian, as i believe it would actually allow players to fully optimise their spectre setup and would be a big boost to summoners, possibly requiring a nerf somewhere else to compensate.

But certainly as a summoner you should have absolute control on who should be in your party and should be replaced. Wouldn't it be possible to have a pop up menu when you cast raise spectre that would display the type of mob that you are raising and asking for confirmation ? In case of lots of corpses close to each other, the menu would ask which one you actually want to raise. And if you are at your limit in terms of number of spectres, the menu would also ask you which current spectre in your party should be discarded.

Thanks for your consideration.
There's always the Corpse Highlighting option, it allows you to cherry-pick raising and detonating.
Will at least help with the corpse pile issue. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 27, 2015, 8:46:02 AM
Thank you Vipermagi, I feel silly now :)

Still does not solve the issue of spectres replacement but still I guess your message is going to change my life as a summoner :)
I love summoners, and have played them since closed beta. But i agree, the spectre gem is a bit silly. When i have mapped high level maps and been lucky to find my preferd summon for the build, i feel i cant log out. Because i finaly have viable summons for pushing even more dificult maps.
How to fix it, well i see 3 ways, and either one sits fine whit me :)

1: make spectres scale whit caster level. Now this wuld be good, but its kinda against ggg philosophy, since no other skill is directly incresed in power just based on char lev.
2nd: give the gem a mechanic that increse the level of summond spectre, example, i have a lev 18 raise spectre, it now works like this. Raise target corpse it get +×% damage -×% life and energy shield. The spectre have a minimum lev of 66, so even if i raise a lev 1 corpse it will recive the stats of a 66 version, if the corpse is higher lev it will get those stats ofc, mecanic will be that it choose the highest numbers. Now lets say a lev 20 raise spectre summon minimum lev 70 version, since that is the lev req of gem, now suddenly getting higher lev of the spectre gem gets powerfull, if you have a 21 gem it might increse the spectre lev to 72, or even higher, its hard to get! whit + item and empower we might raise spectres in the early 80s, it requiers high gear witch is hard to get + empower leveld witch take gem slots. So it wuld be better to find the spectres in the right map, but it alows the summoners to feel not totaly gimped when they start the day of farming.
3rd: make the functionality of animate guardian on raise spectre, you push raise spectre when you log on, and the spectres you had when you log of appear.

The last 2 alternatives i would love to see, one or both, wuld make me love the summoner even moar!
Last edited by Furywrath on Dec 6, 2015, 5:33:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info