Raise Spectre

Is it possible to have a gem:

Plasma

Type: Support, Aura

Your spectre can be revived as long as it is within range. Revived spectre suffer 50% damage for 15 seconds.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Another important conversation on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4anzcy/time_for_quality_of_life_for_spectres/) about the biggest QoL issue for spectres: spectres are not persistent until they die.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that the improvements made to Path of Exile over the years have just been tremendous and many issues with summoners have been addressed. This problem in particular, however, is HUGE and has been a significant barrier to the enjoyment of what I am sure have been thousands of people who have attempted to play spectre summoners.

A smaller aside is the issue with spectres deleveling in zones lower level than they are. This makes it difficult for high level summoners to aid lower level players as their spectres become wet paper bags. In order to avoid the issue of low level players abusing high level spectres, a level cap on raising monsters could be added to the gem a la the desecrate gem.

Thank you for your consideration of these changes GGG! I hope there will be resources in the near future to address these issues. Spectre summoners have been waiting a long time.
Check my profile, lvl 92, 96 HC summoner both times too burnt out to continue... I will never play this build again unless some type of method of keeping or reliably getting high level spectres is introduced. You waste far too much time running content you do not want to be running, lower maps, looking for spectres just so you can do the actual content relevant for your character.
Would like persistent spectres made a necro witch only to realize I'd have to re-summon my spectres so I gave up.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
I would like to see an altar workbench you can get from catarini.

This altar will allow you to spawn up to x number of corpses of a chosen enemy type at player level.
Hear, hear thebarricuda! As I recall, wasn't GGG originally considering this? I hope GGG will decide to follow through, though I definitely would happy enough if spectres were just persistent until they die...
"
Hear, hear thebarricuda! As I recall, wasn't GGG originally considering this? I hope GGG will decide to follow through, though I definitely would happy enough if spectres were just persistent until they die...

If they did, I could see them adding a currency cost depending on the mob.
What I'd like is some kind of Pokedex sort of functionality:

1) You play the game and continue on with the story quests
2) Each mob type you kill is added to a bestiary
3) Catarina, at a certain level (Let's say 6 or so since you won't be hitting Merciless with a Lvl 8 master), gives you a hideout item to spawn a corpse of equal level to the player

Or, at the very least, something more than what we have.
Mobs in higher level maps are better than mobs in the normal zones. This is obvious. The problem is the impact level has on the Spectre and the availability of those corpses. Honestly, I'm fucking tired of running The Harvest over and over just to find 3 Revenants. I like Revenants because of their unique skillset and how you can augment them as Spectres.
Conversely, it's a lot easier to get Tentacle Miscreations from Lunaris. However, they're squishy and die easily. It's not like Revenants are hitting tank-levels of HP.

To be fair, this mechanic is the sole reason why I have never and will never play a Spectre-based Summoner. Especially with "Let's see how much AoE we can throw at the player" introduced via Perandus zergs. I'm nearly ready to drop Revenants altogether because it's too much of a pain to go and get them again after a Perandus pack kills one.

Fix corpse availability for Spectres and improve Zombie AI. Those changes alone will put Summoners light years ahead of what they are now.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Just do one thing.... make spectres survive logout... Thats it, problem solved.
Its so nice when You have to change gateway and You lose all spectres. Its so great gaming experience! GGG i have idea, maybe we can have spectres that dont disapear on logout?
Hi, I would like to chime in on this.

TL;DR: Spectres have a pointless "monster level" mechanic that players have to deal with themselves instead of game mechanics fixing it for you, making the skill a liability if you need to use a specific Spectre. This, and a few other key issues make the skill a huge hassle to use.

Thoughts/Opinions
I've known about how Spectres work for a long time but I took my first shot at it this league with some new uniques making a few more Spectre options viable.

I feel that the Raise Spectre skill is far too clunky. There are 1000 good solutions that have precedence in this and other games that would make for a far better way to handle this skill, rather than a rehash of Revive from D2.

I personally don't mind waypointing to another zone to desecrate up some corpses for my Spectres, I think it adds to the experience. I don't even think I'll mind too much having to waste maps to desecrate up some level viable Spectres later on (at least, at first), but doing so really gets you thinking about how the skill works.

I have been playing with Undying Grapplers, so I have been stuck with level 49 Spectres that do not scale in health or damage as you advance in the game. Now that I just got to A3M, I finally have some level relevant mobs that don't die constantly and suddenly do respectable damage again.

At this point, I can only imagine how my career will advance as I will inevitably lose a Spectre at a vital moment with no way to get it back into the fight, so the skill that my 6L and entire build is based on for damage simply ceases to exist, then I will have to go fish for a level relevant mob of a specific type, from a specific place, again; which I assume will get painful at end game.

It would be quite nice, as many previous posters have pointed out, to maintain these minions through logout. As a hardcore player, logging out is a pretty crucial and common thing. This creates another situation of fishing described in the earlier paragraphs, wasting more time and currency just so I can play.

The Meat
I think it is important to create a more sustainable Spectre.

First of all, the whole level thing needs to be dealt with. You have so many good precedents in your own game of how to deal with this:
A.) Desecrate scales level basically with the player, until the last few levels which opens it up to the highest levels, but still capped by zone level.
B.) Zombies and SRS have their own built-in stats, which would also be fine for Spectres because your monsters in the game have % modifiers to their damage and life, but their stats are based off of a shared pool determined by level. This allows them to be unique but fit in at any level.

It would also be nice to snapshot your Spectres and allow them to be re-summoned in case of death, I don't even care if it's Vaal Convocation or something; maybe that is asking for too much thematically, but I don't think so. Just let people use the skill without creating a suicide cult...

Conclusion
I mean I could go on but you guys at GGG are far smarter than I am, you have solutions ready for this problem, but you should recognize it as a problem and get it fixed! I have friends who won't even consider playing a Spectre build because of how much of a pain it is, and some Summoner friends who won't even play PoE after hearing about Spectres..
Last edited by Uchoo on Apr 6, 2016, 1:50:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info