Raise Spectre

"
purringcat wrote:
So I have a level 9 Raise Spectre instead of a level 8. Where's the increase in damage. It doesn't show under Misc on my character or on the skill gem. When I switch head gear, there are no changes to stats that indicate that +1 is doing anything. Why should I use anything but a level 1 Raise Spectre gem? And why bother with the +1 to Minion damage gear?

The character sheet does not yet reflect pertinent information for summoners.

Levelled Raise Spectre and +1 to Minion items help.

Also note that the item mod is +1 to Minion Gems, not +1 to Minion Damage. +1 to Minion Damage is a support gem, which can also be used to good effect.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
A level 9 Raise Spectre gem in +1 gear shows: -51% dmg & -65% life
A level 9 Raise Spectre gem in reg gear shows: -51% dmg & -66% life
mana cost 36
Total gain for using +1 to minion gear: -1% life

A level 1 Raise Spectre gem in +1 gear shows: -55% dmg & -69% life
A level 1 Raise Spectre gem in reg gear shows: -55% dmg & -70%life
mana cost 20

A level 9 gem with dmg & speed mod gems has mana cost of 81
A level 1 gem with dmg & speed mod gems has mana cost of 45

Highlighted spectre on skill Hot Bar shows increased speed of 25% but shows no additional damage despite a damage mod gem being used

Character Misc Stat page shows 30% minion damage increase which doesn't change with addition of minion damage mod gem

Level 9 Raise Spectre gem stats show -51% damage with or without minion damage mod gem

Is the damage from this minion damage mod gem being used? And aren't we supposed to be asking questions when things don't look right

And it would be useful if the increase in mana costs were shown when deciding to upgrade a gem

Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.
I dont use this Skill anymore, it seems Useless. The Dmg ist to less, life is too to less. At first i used it to make Ranged Minions, but there damage are Really low. In Melee they die instantly. The only effekt i get with this skill is: i have not enough Corpses for my Zombiehorde.

Useless in my Opinion at this Time.
Sorry 4 my bad English, i am not native ;)
Greetings from Germany
Last edited by Ricardos on Dec 9, 2011, 5:50:39 AM
"
purringcat wrote:
A level 9 Raise Spectre gem in +1 gear shows: -51% dmg & -65% life
A level 9 Raise Spectre gem in reg gear shows: -51% dmg & -66% life
mana cost 36
Total gain for using +1 to minion gear: -1% life

A level 1 Raise Spectre gem in +1 gear shows: -55% dmg & -69% life
A level 1 Raise Spectre gem in reg gear shows: -55% dmg & -70%life
mana cost 20

A level 9 gem with dmg & speed mod gems has mana cost of 81
A level 1 gem with dmg & speed mod gems has mana cost of 45

Highlighted spectre on skill Hot Bar shows increased speed of 25% but shows no additional damage despite a damage mod gem being used

Character Misc Stat page shows 30% minion damage increase which doesn't change with addition of minion damage mod gem

Level 9 Raise Spectre gem stats show -51% damage with or without minion damage mod gem

Is the damage from this minion damage mod gem being used? And aren't we supposed to be asking questions when things don't look right

And it would be useful if the increase in mana costs were shown when deciding to upgrade a gem

PC brings up some valid questions.............
Dev's?
they should remove both health and damage lowering on this and just put them on timers so they only last for 1 minute or something then die. sort of like the red gem that turns enemies to minions if you kill them with the skill.

a timer keeps them from being OP but at the same time the restored damage and health makes them useful for 1 or 2 fights.
Compared to Raise Zombie, Raise Spectre is very weak. It doesnt deal a lot of damage and tanks almost none compared to zombies. Still it can be very fun when you find the right enemys (like skeleton mages) with which the skill is kind of usefull. For a straight summoner raise spectre is cool and contributes to your power. If you have no minion perks at all i think raise spectre would be useless

Maybe it could have a litle bit more strength
"
Ricardos wrote:
I dont use this Skill anymore, it seems Useless. The Dmg ist to less, life is too to less. At first i used it to make Ranged Minions, but there damage are Really low. In Melee they die instantly. The only effekt i get with this skill is: i have not enough Corpses for my Zombiehorde.

May i interest you in Minion Instability? =)
"
unsane wrote:
"
Ricardos wrote:

May i interest you in Minion Instability? =)

Which compared to the zombie horde, is also incredibly weak. Don't forget, spectres have a penalty to their max life and won't do nearly as much damage relative to zombies.
"
M3phisto wrote:
Compared to Raise Zombie, Raise Spectre is very weak. It doesnt deal a lot of damage and tanks almost none compared to zombies. Still it can be very fun when you find the right enemys (like skeleton mages) with which the skill is kind of usefull. For a straight summoner raise spectre is cool and contributes to your power. If you have no minion perks at all i think raise spectre would be useless

Maybe it could have a litle bit more strength

I already suggested, just remove the restrictions and make them temporary pets that only last for 1 minute at level 1 and each level it goes up can add an extra minute instead of increasing the pets power.
"
I already suggested, just remove the restrictions and make them temporary pets that only last for 1 minute at level 1 and each level it goes up can add an extra minute instead of increasing the pets power.

Timed pets is really shitty. Take a look at Torchlight, summoner is still fun there, but it's an enormous pain in the ass to have to resummon umpteen skeletons/zombies every 45 seconds. Definitely a failed idea.
Last edited by unsane on Dec 12, 2011, 8:41:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info