Raise Spectre

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 7:56:42 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
In future, minions will have their own health portraits, and other features that let you see your minion's status easily. Other features have been requested, like un-summon options, more visual feedback, directional indicators, etc.

We will also include a way to not target your own minions when this is added, so you don't accidentally click on them.

Minions will also follow you between areas in future.
Is it just me or did you really increase the damage and life debuffs on this one? After returning to 0.9.4 I felt the debuffs were even higher than before the patch.

If this is true then you nerfed all three mods of this skill. May I ask why you are ruining this skill so much?
The Life and Damage were not applying to the skill at all - The skill was balanced downwards before we had changed this, when we thought they were applying. We're just seeing how it plays out with the current values, but it'll likely see an increase again soon, though we do need more player feedback on the skill before we can confirm this - Feedback based on how the current skill feels compared with Raise Zombie, as opposed to how it compares with the old version of the skill.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 7, 2011, 9:05:47 PM
at low lvl until lvl 40 raise specter feels like a support spell for raise zombie, to get ranged minions.

the melle version has very litle hp to be worth the cast on melle corpse, if not cast on golems/high hp mobs.

i had specters raised to run to a enemy and die in 1 hit.

their reduced dmg doesnt feel so much of a bothersome, but with zombies out cant really tell.
Ok, I guess I owe you a little feedback on my raising spectres experience. Although it might be a little biased because Im currently enjoying the Minion Instability keystone which causes me to actually kinda like the low life on spectres.

Before 0.9.4 I was like ziion raising only ranged guys to keep them out of harms way. Which didnt work at all =) but thats a different story. Now I prefer melee guys to force and benefit from their explosion more often. (except for the occasional energy shield mob) I also like the melee spectres for their physical damage gets buffed by added fire damage.

BTW does added fire damage buff the explosion from Minion Instability, too? I guess not.

In the first paragraph I wrote "I kinda like low life on spectres" because on second thought the minion's explosion is directly dependant on their max. life. So there - more life (and damage) on spectres please. :)

All in all, raise zombie feels superior to this one. (4 gems, all linked, Raise Zombie, Raise Spectre, Added Fire Damage, Improved Minion Damage)
Last edited by Mantar on Dec 8, 2011, 5:52:16 AM
Question:
I have a level 9
Unavailable
spectre gem and a level 1
Unavailable
spectre gem. Does this gem ever allow more than 1 spectre? Also, why so little damage difference despite 8 levels difference?

Does the +1 to minion damage in the helmet
Unavailable
add anything to the spectres?

My witch has three skills for additional minions, two skill points in additional minion damage and one skill point in additional minion life. Are these applied to spectres? The damage shown on the gems really doesn't reflect those additional skill points.

I can only summon four spectres despite the +1 to minion gems in the helmet (when worn). That +1 used to provide an extra minion for both spectre & zombie and now does neither.

Character: witch level 43
Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.
Last edited by purringcat on Dec 8, 2011, 4:08:09 PM
the +1 on the helmet is for the gem lvl not max summons :)
"
purringcat wrote:
Does this gem ever allow more than 1 spectre?

No. You can only go above 1 spectre through passives.

"
purringcat wrote:
Does the +1 to minion damage in the helmet
Unavailable
add anything to the spectres?

Yes.

"
purringcat wrote:
My witch has three skills for additional minions, two skill points in additional minion damage and one skill point in additional minion life. Are these applied to spectres?

Yes.

"
purringcat wrote:
I can only summon four spectres despite the +1 to minion gems in the helmet (when worn). That +1 used to provide an extra minion for both spectre & zombie and now does neither.

They reduced it to 1 spectre on the base skill, regardless of its level. The 4 you can summon is exactly right.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 8, 2011, 4:22:08 PM
"
ziiion wrote:
the +1 on the helmet is for the gem lvl not max summons :)

Ok (It used to increase the number).

So I have a level 9 Raise Spectre instead of a level 8. Where's the increase in damage. It doesn't show under Misc on my character or on the skill gem. When I switch head gear, there are no changes to stats that indicate that +1 is doing anything. Why should I use anything but a level 1 Raise Spectre gem? And why bother with the +1 to Minion damage gear?
Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info