Raise Spectre

"
unsane wrote:
"
I already suggested, just remove the restrictions and make them temporary pets that only last for 1 minute at level 1 and each level it goes up can add an extra minute instead of increasing the pets power.

Timed pets is really shitty. Take a look at Torchlight, summoner is still fun there, but it's an enormous pain in the ass to have to resummon umpteen skeletons/zombies every 45 seconds. Definitely a failed idea.

i'd rather summon 10 timed ghost that have full power and are worth casting than cast 200 that have damaged so reduced they don't even do more than your auto attack and die in 1 hit wasting your mana.

rank 1 is like level 19 as it leveled it would go up in time so by 50 you'd have one out for almost 10 minutes and by level 80 would be a 35/30 min pet. definatly worth the effort to level up if there were no restrictions on damage and health since you don't stay more than 10 minutes on 1 map.
My witch is only 25 and just get this skill.

She is a pure summoner.
For pure summoner thsi skill is great!

Of course the base skill still zombie.
With all the minion passive the penalities from the skill are all overwrite!
-> +100% life on a resurect monster that have 50% of his original life -> resurect monster at 100% life
Same for damage (or perhaps more because damage passive are stronger)

So used on magic monster or specific monster this come very handly.

It is perfect to complete zomùbies.
With this you could adapt at more situation.
It is a great skill but it is only for pure summoner. Not like zombies that others builds could use as support.

Keep it like this!!
(I will see at HL if it is always the case)
"
unsane wrote:
"
I already suggested, just remove the restrictions and make them temporary pets that only last for 1 minute at level 1 and each level it goes up can add an extra minute instead of increasing the pets power.

Timed pets is really shitty. Take a look at Torchlight, summoner is still fun there, but it's an enormous pain in the ass to have to resummon umpteen skeletons/zombies every 45 seconds. Definitely a failed idea.

Agreed. Having to summon every minute or so doesn't sound like fun.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
summon every minute is only at the first level. as i said the minutes go up as you level the gem so its not that way forever chances are it would only be that way for the first and second map at most.

People say its good for a pure summoner but what they don't realize its the zombies that's doing the damage not the specters you can pull out your 5+ zombies and never pull out a specter and wipe the map just as fast. the specters are nothing more than a distraction to be killed by enemies. if they are ranged they will run and be chased the problem with that is they tend to run into more enemies making more of a headache for you cause they die fast and leave you with what they gathered.
I like Raise Spectre in certain situations, such as when I have my zombie horde for the front line, and I raise all archer spectres so that they are ranged. I've taken all of the minion skills, except for one branch that I am working toward so I have 4 of them standing in the back acting as archers.

It's still a tad disappointing, though I did take minion instability. I wish that we could raise unique and rares and have them function like the original with the diminished stats, of course. That would make picking and choosing what you raise a lot more interesting, and could turn this skill into something a lot more worthwhile and fun than in it's current iteration.

Just my thoughts. I'm not terribly high level yet, so I guess I will offer more thoughts later on. Just wanted to add my .02 that this would be a lot more fun if you could gain more powerful spectres by choosing wisely what you raise.

EDIT: Maybe a keystone skill that allows you to do this, and they have less of a penalty, but then you can only raise one spectre at a time?
Last edited by aerows on Dec 17, 2011, 11:45:27 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

"
aerows wrote:
It's still a tad disappointing, though I did take minion instability. [...] That would make picking and choosing what you raise a lot more interesting, and could turn this skill into something a lot more worthwhile and fun than in it's current iteration.
[...]
this would be a lot more fun if you could gain more powerful spectres by choosing wisely what you raise.

I dunno, i find searching for the right mobs to raise spectre quite fun. What i've found has actually diminished that is Minion Instabilty. Now you just want any random weak body, rather than interesting tactical mobs like archers/casters.

"
aerows wrote:
EDIT: Maybe a keystone skill that allows you to do this, and they have less of a penalty, but then you can only raise one spectre at a time?

Excellent idea, something like that would be fun.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 23, 2011, 5:45:51 AM
get unstable minions
suddenly a weak minion = a reliable source of aoe damage that castes in exactly the right place "surrounded by things you want to kill"

and considering it's revived with half health and hits things a bit before it explodes(dealing damage = to the full health of the living version) it guarantees the death of at least 1 mob and severely reduced health for the rest which can be easily dealt with with a single aoe of any sort and lvl
"
svnhddbst wrote:
and considering it's revived with half health and hits things a bit before it explodes(dealing damage = to the full health of the living version)
No, it deals damage based on it's current max life, including the reduction from the gem, not the life of the living version.
lvl 36 witch, Cruel difficulty:

I find myself using this spell less frequently since the specters don’t seem to output any damage and a lot of the time I’d rather leave a potential corpse on the ground in case I need another zombie and use the mana I would’ve spent on a spectre to output my own magic dps. I think that's the big problem with this skill atm, it looks cool to have some nice ranged minions via Raise Spectre, but they aren’t actually doing any damage b/c their hp are too low for much explosive damage (minion instability) and their auto attacks seem to do slightly more than zero damage.

Does anyone know if buffs that a potential spectre could provide in life (read: before you kill them and turn them into your play thing) work on your zombies after you’ve turned them into a spectre? For example, there are those large red gorilla mobs in Act 2 who have some kind of buff they’re able to provide to themselves and maybe nearby monkeys (the animation looks like they’re beating their chest). Can something like that apply to your zombies now or has anything been said about it being a possibility for later patches?

As it stands, I’ll make some specters if I think there are enough additional corpses that I won’t run low on zombies b/c at least the melee spectres can be counted on to run in and be suicide bombers via the Unstable Minion ability; but even then their HP is so low that it’s not a lot of extra damage in relation to the cost of raising them.

I liked what Aerows mentioned in regards to a possible ability that would allow us to raise a unique minion vs having a number of standard specters. That would be similar to the 31pt Beast Master Talent in WoW that allows the Hunter to tame elite mobs that would otherwise be untamable. Having one really useful spectre would be vastly superior to having 4+ useless ones.

The other potential option, as was mentioned earlier, is to have Raise spectre operate like the Necromancers ‘Revive’ spell in Diablo 2 where you get a much more useful spectre, but it has a time duration before being released vs unlimited:

"
Revive: Revives the dead monster, raising it up in its living form, but colored dark gray. Revived monsters retain most of their attributes from life, and deal the same damage, type of damage, attack speed, foot speed, and more. Revives gain a bonus to their hit points, damage, and resistances.

• Revives will use magical attacks, but shamans will not resurrect their monsters or your Revives.

• Revives retain their original AI, so resurrecting aggressive attackers is more useful than shamans or others that wander around a lot.

• Revives do not warp to keep up, though they will instantly reappear if you pass through a portal/waypoint, or use the teleport skill. It's easy to lose them if you run around too quickly.

• Gather useful Revives in one area, then quickly portal to another area, such as for a boss battle. You can use waypoints to move between acts as well, taking Flayers to fight Diablo, for instance.

• Revives only last for 3 minutes, so keep moving and keep summoning up new ones to replace the old.

• Each point in Revive simply adds one more to the number you can keep alive at once. If you're not using them all on a regular basis, more points here are not well spent.

Life: Corpse Life +200%
Duration: 180 Seconds

I’d remove the buff to corpse life and leave everything else the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info