Raise Spectre

Hi, i'm planing to build a summoner using Raise Spectre and Animated Guardian and i have few questions.
The wiki page of the AG says that it has 25% elemental resist and 0% chaos on all difficulties, what about Spectres?
Do Bears and the act4 golems (like in Mines) have a lot of armor and so is Determination worth?
"
khanlid wrote:
Hi, i'm planing to build a summoner using Raise Spectre and Animated Guardian and i have few questions.
The wiki page of the AG says that it has 25% elemental resist and 0% chaos on all difficulties, what about Spectres?
Do Bears and the act4 golems (like in Mines) have a lot of armor and so is Determination worth?
Spectres have the resistance that the monster they are based on had so it's kinda hard to figure out exactly how much they resist each element.

Although, if the monster you're raising doesn't list any resistances then it will have 0% base resistance when raised in any difficulty.

Last I remember GGG talking about monster armour the highest was around 900-ish or so base armour. Don't know if bears or golems have that much but I really don't think determination is ever a good defensive aura for minions. Even a decked out AG wont reach high enough of an armour rating to justify it I feel.

----

Question @ GGG
Not sure this is the best place to ask but since I'm posting anyway:

The changes coming to Detonate Dead and Raise Zombie in content update 2.1.0:
"
Rory wrote:
We've reduced the area of effect bonuses available in the tree slightly, but increased the base radius of some skills that were smaller than others like Storm Call and Glacial Cascade, as well as any corpse-destroying effects like Detonate Dead and Abyssal Cry.
"
Rory wrote:
Raise Zombie (Buffed)
Raised Zombies now have a faster attack speed, and will occasionally use an AoE slam that damages enemies in a small area, to make them less reliant on Melee Splash. They also have a naturally higher stun threshold, so they're less likely to be stunned out of an attack.

Do these changes carry over to monsters using these spells? Specifically Mortality Experimenters, Flesh Sculpters and Reanimators? Because if they are effected I think that'd bump them up a tier on the spectre power scale.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Thanks for the answers :)
How does THIS work?

The penalties to the life and energy shield of Summoned Spectres have been halved at all levels.

Does it apply in the case where you would take eg. Lvl 66 spectres to lower levels, cruel for example?

Fictional numbers example:
Lvl 66 spectre 16k hp
Taking that to some lower zone lvls it down to 8k hp.

2.1 update: half penalty, 12k hp

If this is the case, is there any benefit/buff for spectre on same lvl use or higher lvl use.

Eg. Lvl 66 spectre on 70+ maps?

Tnx

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Dec 30, 2015, 2:25:06 AM
Look at the Gem... :/ It has the following modifiers:
Minions have x% less Life
Minions have x% less Energy Shield
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Look at the Gem... :/ It has the following modifiers:
Minions have x% less Life
Minions have x% less Energy Shield

Yo buddy, makes sense but...

Well I quit poe few months ago for personal reasons. So I dont know gem stats that very well anymore.
However...
got a lvl 20 gem and I see no difference in stats pre/post patch.
What am I missing?

iirc lvl 20 had 0% penalty and so does post patch.

While making this post, found an other list of game changes saying its lower levels buff.
So it evens out at lvl 20 I guess.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Figured I'd say this again with hopes that GGG will do something about this.

For me Summoners are the last toons I roll in a new league. Part of this is because of gear that I can more easily get with other builds that the summoner needs, but the other reason is speed to play.

I'm not a hardcore player like some, so when I do have time I like to log in and start gaming it up right away. This isn't possible with a summoner that uses "Raise Spectre". Like previous posts mention:

1. If I still have my spectre alive when I log out, when I log back in, they should still remain with my character. Instead, I have to go to whatever zone has the mobs I want as spectre, cast desecrate and hit A to find the corpse and because I use spell echo I have to zombie the corpses first that I don't want as spectre. If for some reason I don't get the corpses I want, I have to either flesh offering or zombie the corpses and start over. I've seen it more and more frequent where I won't get the corpses I want after several casts of desecrate, and the only way to fix this is to zone out and zone into a new instance of that zone. Rinse and repeat with desecrate. This is a HUGE penalty that I don't believe any other skill build has to endure.

2. I don't care if I have to pay for this, but make an MTX where I can purchase a "bind" ability to my Raise Spectre gem so that when I find a corpse of the mob I want, I can use that MTX which will mean every time I use the Raise Spectre skill in the future on any corpse, it will always raise that specific mob. Make it 1000 points, I don't care, I'd pay for it.

TL;DR, find a way to solve the penalty that people suffer when using Raise Spectre to reduce the delay that is required to log into the game and start playing the build.
Could you implement a mechanism that would let us capture the spirit of a creature into the gem? That would need a special implementation for sure because it would have to come on top of how the gem already work as a special new feature. Like if you press a special key it bind the gem to a mob so you can raise this specter without corpse, naturally you'd need a timer or something to not abuse it, but it would let us use specter we can't desecrate more easily end game.
4 years and 36 pages GGG.... and you still haven't listened to anything anyone has said here.

I have been playing nothing but a pure spectre/ zombie summoner since the games release and honestly some days I log on and try for half an hour to an hour to get high end spectres then just give up and log off.

Obviously there are people who like this game because they enjoy maxing things out and telling people to just grab whatever spectre happens to appear is a massive cops out. If I have gemed/coloured and built around a specific kind of spectre, why am I forced to play with lvl 69 spectres and hope I get lucky and get some lvl 80+ spawn in a map?

Nearly every single person here has given you feedback to make spectres persist log off.
You have done it with Animate guardian and refuse to do it with this gem. Why?

I understand making spectre scale with gem level might be a very complicated change but at least give us log off persist!!! Im sick to death of disconnecting in the middle of a t15 map and then having to go back and open 10 t12+ maps to find spectres all while trying to keep all the portals opened because lvl 69 spectres just don't do the job in t15 maps.
:)
I'm gonna say this again and I've said it before that Spectres should be summoned according to the caster's level instead of depending on the maps. Zombies get the same level adjustments so why not spectres? They already have offense and defense penalties put in place already.

Log Off Persistance has been requested for a long time as well yet only Animated Guardian has it so far.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info