Raise Spectre

"
Yorouichi wrote:
Hey, sepctres are dying too easy in leveling stage, 28-50ish, that makes running them at leveling bad idea for no reason.
Also they are kinda hard to resummon compared to many other minions, so adding them some defences overall would be nice too, most problem i saw is damage over time on syrus/veritania. In other content 67+% block, hp on block, some +hp%, leech, regen, low cooldown convocation and they still dying occasionally. I don't see the point really, if my golem dies i just press button in a mid of a fight and go on, if my spectre dies, i'm going hideout, swapping equipment/gems, desecrating them back, swap equip/gems back again, reapply my auras and go back to the fight. I'm not even saying how much character's defences has to be sacrificed to keep the damage competitive to other minions / builds.
As far as i remember one of last big balance changes was on redemption sentry meta, both gem and sentries were tuned down, okay now sentries are lackluster, why don't tune them up at least to some level?
The core mechanic of raise spectre gem which makes it interesting is variability of monsters you can summon. I understand that to balance all monsters in the game for spectre purposes will require GGG to create new company "Spectre department" and hire 1000 people. What if we have like 3-5 meta monsters for spectes who will have some small attention from balancing team each league.
TL.DR Would be nice to have back a few spectres options please, there is no need to create something new, just tune up old stuff. And some defences to consider ritual of summoning, including low levels.

You make a very good point here, I've posted numerous times in the feedback forum regarding the usability of already existent monsters being too low.

For example there are MANY powerful spectreable monsters in the game however some of them have a default melee attack and they will get stuck on that melee attack and not use their spells effectively.

Monsters as recent as legion such as the Templar Tactition a fine addition as a spectre it deals a purely physical damage ball lightning as well as a storm call similarly in physical damage allowing for some interesting combinations, The list goes on with this clunky behavior even into the earliest monsters that inspired me to use raise spectre like the spiders who use flicker-strike only generally using this skill when they are a distance away.

I don't like the idea of only having a few viable monsters in any league but i would agree with nerfing them over time where needed to keep things in line, It's no fun when something is so profoundly more powerful than everything else for too long it gets stale because its unlikely that player will abandon that powerful minion to try another one.

Baranite Preachers for example had been very overpowered as their critical strike chance was higher than any other monster in the entire game, I could not switch away from these pets and try new ones because they were so strong and reliable nothing could compare without insane investments that are not reasonable for most players even myself during deep endgame grind, I had near constant critical strikes with these with only zealotry buffing them prior to recent patches where they finally nerfed them. - thanks again ggg.

"
RIP.

In current state it's useless if you do not have FECK TONN of spare currency. Which 99% of players do not have.

Just look at 2 prev leagues, no1 already plays with this gem as main dps source.

May GGG already just delete this gem? Or at least make fair changes for casual/mid lvl players, not making changes for hight end players only?

PM me if you want i would be happy to try and make a spectre build for you/with you.

I have ran builds for it on Witch extensively as well as Templar(guardian mostly)

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 11, 2022, 10:29:18 PM
"
For example there are MANY powerful spectreable monsters in the game however some of them have a default melee attack and they will get stuck on that melee attack and not use their spells effectively.

This.
Feeding frenzy should at least change their "default attack" behaviour.
Make spectres great again please?
"
LaGueuze wrote:
"

This.
Feeding frenzy should at least change their "default attack" behaviour.
Make spectres great again please?

They're already great but maybe the solution is a method to disable either their spells or attacks similar to the

For feeding frenzy if it disabled some of their attacks it might cause issues for some builds.

it would almost have to be a specific unique item or jewel and jewel might be better since im running short on slots for those so it might force me to make some decisions especially if that jewel requires a large slot.
Innocence forgives you
In 3.21 there are - again - no buffs whatsoever to spectres.

So GGG is apparently satisifed with them only being viable as support minions instead of primary (attacking) minions themselves.

This is unacceptable. Buff them hard by making it easier to get more spectres and give them some much needed monster levels. Monster level 76 at gem level 25 is [redacted] ridiculous when all the uber stuff is 9(!) levels above them.

By this point any other minions apart from zombies are much better offensively than spectres.
Alright I've been on the side of the argument that this skill is fine and only needs some slight adjustments but after a deep dive into the super late game i can no longer make this claim.

Several mods are required for some raise spectre builds and a few defensive stats have been very hard to come by, armor and spell suppression in general were a struggle and i was running determination for most of my armor both on pets and myself.

Wands:
Pretty simple raise spectre needs an influenced mod on wands to enable it to compete in the endgame when transitioning from midnight bargain, I'd even be happy enough if it reserved my life all the same..

The mod would be something like 0.5 to the number of maximum spectres which to most people might seem absolutely useless but when combined with an orb of dominance would be a super high end craft for raise spectre..

The rare wands right now have literally well over double the power of the midnight bargain at 140% on just the minion damage scaling alone and lets not get into free support gems and global levels + all of the other mods you can get, That's a 7link versus my 6(actually 5 with an extra slot taken for empower + feeding frenzy)

Cluster Jewels:
Cluster jewels also entirely left spectre's out of the mix yet includes other specific-minion nodes as well as temporary-minion-specific nodes but no general permanent minion or spectre nodes.. and it would be nice at some point in the future if they could get at least 1-2 nodes in cluster jewels, They are much harder to build around than zombies or skeletons in most cases, Since these items were released i refused to interact with them initially due to the cost but also because they did not include any useful buffs for spectre outside of a couple (maybe 2-3) nodes were good for specific spectre builds but not all.
(Sanctum was my first time using clusters, i had made do to the same level of endgame prior without ever touching them)

Minion Pool Usability:
I've posted about this one quite a few times that the pool of spectres that is available many of them use attacks that essentially brick their dps once ceartain conditions come into play (melee attack = no more spells) even though they've got 3-4 spells in many cases once that melee is in effect they just see red... I would be happy to compile a detailed report on every monster in the game if that information would be useful to the balance team... (this only suggests disabling or changing how the attack priority works for spectres to enable them to be used not in any way buffing their kit) Having a spellcasting unit that also physically hits an enemy here and there could be quite useful.. Just not if it stops dpsing after that even with like 800% minion damage if its multiplying 0 then it doesn't matter.

I can't go much farther here without some change happening, Its been fun chasing this raise spectre build all over the game to almost every class and ascendancy but now i need your help GGG.

Please look at the equipment on my character AeternumDivinus, I went to extreme lengths to try and make this work, if i am expected to go farther than that i simply have to ask you one thing, where will i fit it?

Edit: Also i have not interacted with the new league mechanic so this feedback currently ignores ALL of those changes, I hope to report back here if the Crucible League changes made any impact on this overall, I suspect there will be some things available to patch holes in builds that were not before.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 8, 2023, 2:25:26 AM
hi i have question about Raise Spectre of Transience

im using with Dark Marionette ( Reforms after being killed )
after explode using infernal legion + minion intsability the spectre not rise again after change region. is it because the duration ?
I kinda love and kinda hate the new spectres. I think it's probably a bad idea that they're not respawnable as a majority of my time is going to be just earning them back if they die.

I mean spectres are spawnable as corpses for a reason right?
Can we please make it so I can use the divine font on the gem without nuking my expensive corpses?

When you yank the gem in your hideout... they just despawn back into corpses, but in the lab room they poof like they would in a map.

For the last room with the font specifically, could you please make it so that they act like they do in the hideout?

Or... Make the gem would work like animate guardian does when you yank its gem.

Or... Make the corpses so I can convert them back into inventory items in my HO before I start running labs.

OR, most ideally... Make any spectre despawn, while in HO, to a tradeable item. It can take hours to find somebody to help rez some of the rarer mobs used for them.
IGN: Turkey_turds, Lootsplosion_LvNINTHOUS, Who_Needs_pants_

Currently: OFFLINE
Last edited by FirefoxG on Jan 14, 2024, 7:38:11 PM
I had a crack at making Raise Spectre of Transience work in a build, my suggestion is you buff at minimum to make the specters aggressive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info