Raise Spectre

Hey GGG.

I've wrote about spectres before, and i'm back again...

First time i go down into the delves i was like sweeeet new monsters for spectres!, but guess what, no they all have gotten 1 of their abilities stripped, which make them pretty weak compared to alot of other spectre options. Never understood why you would strip them of their abilities instead of trying to balancing it.

Next there is a monster i can even create a corpse of from my "Desecrate Dead" --- It's called Turong Something. I can see it's corpse, but i can't raise it as a spectre.

I really hope this is a bug, and if so i would like it to be fixed. My fear though is even if you fix it, then you will just strip it's ability form it, and then we are back at another semi useless spectre.

I don't get why you have an ability as "Raise Spectre", when you don't use the giant potential of all the new creeps you are creating..

All the Abyss creeps could've been so awesome to build.

Aparently you are not trying to run a spectre build when you create new monsters. To test if the new mobs even come close to some of the options that is already out there..

While i'm at it i just want to say that i'm honestly pretty disapointed, since there have'nt really been any changes to spectres in like 4 leagues.

(Please try to balance the new creeps so we can actually play with them as spectre builds. It's a huge lose of potential).

When we see new awesome creeps the first thing that comes to my mind is how i want to build a spectre build around it, and then i get fucking slapped in my face, because nope either you can't or you stripped abilities away, making the creep useless.

Many regards a somewhat happy poe player

Ferablekeft

PS. you still miss some monsters from youre "desecrate" monster pool, that you can actually "raise spectre"..

It's a cool chaos spider in malachais-dream-realm, i've wanted to build that spectre since the 10 acts came out.
Since it can't spawn as a corpse on desecrate it can't get higher level = you can't build with them. Again a slap in your face.

Last edited by Ferablekeft on Dec 14, 2018, 5:17:08 PM
Not long ago the spectres were given a huge QOL boost with having them not despawn between logins and i really enjoy the feature.

But it really did nothing for making me invest in (my favorite skill) raise spectre any more than i would have before the change.

Most of the monsters especially new ones cant be raised and if they can most of their abilitys have been removed as a spectre.

For example and i suppose this is my fault for not testing this first but i leveled a character all the way to 65 or so using random pets for fun as i went along with the goal of raising a chrome frog that has a damage-over-time orb that they throw out only to find out that as a spectre they cannot use this ability.

RIP that character.

99% of all spectre builds these days use the same pets as every other spectre build, Solar Guards, Ribbons, etc.

While other people might be ok with being the same as literally every other spectre build I'm not ok with that.. I strive to find a pet that suits my playstyle and preferences, This game's whole attraction for me was that i could do what i wanted with my character and really fine tune it into the type of class i truly want to play.

Raise spectre was the reason i first spent money in the cash shop for the Stygian raise spectre effect, these days with what was once a paradise in which every non-rare+ monster could be raised and i could COUNT ON them to use all of their skills has transformed to a barren wasteland where if i do try to raise anything other than the 2-3 meta-monsters i basically am gonna regret it.

Then there is the more recent leagues where 90%+ of all the monsters cannot be used as pets and its really frustrating not being able to experience the joy i once had of experimenting with different monsters and especially the joy of logging in with a whole new set of them to try in leagues and the larger main game updates.

I'm really losing faith here, maybe i can hang on for another league or two but my heart has been breaking for a while now, Raise spectre is slowly being killed for me by a lot of the changes and restrictions that when i started playing weren't present.

Maybe another game will come along someday that lets me have this freedom again, I just wish it were this game.
Innocence forgives you
Just started working on a fun summoner trying to make the most out of Mortality Experimenters as spectres, the Detonate Dead guys from Lunaris Temple. As far as i can test Spell Echo doesnt seem to work on them to repeat casts however. I was wondering if anyone can confirm thats a bug or if its intended design for the monster skill?

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Mortality+Experimenter is its monster page over on poedb. Tested Less Duration which works btw, seems a good choice.
Last edited by Toverkol on Sep 9, 2019, 9:28:33 PM
Hi. Currently having a lot of fun playing necromancer this league with all the new minion changes, however I have one small QOL suggestion/request. Im running Knitted Horror spectres, which are great, however their movement sound effect is extremely loud compared to other types of raised spectres, and other sound effects in general. If this could be toned down a bit that would be awesome.

Many thanks.
Arena masters also have a really loud banging sound when they use their skill. Please let us turn minions sound off.
Is the Ruins Hellion still in the game? I'm trying to get a Ruins Hellion spectre for the rallying cry but it doesn't seem to be in Act 8 The Quay or The Grain Gate anymore, unless I've been insanely unlucky with all these new instances I've been making trying to find one with a Ruins Hellion in it.

EDIT: Oh, nvm. Apparently you just can't desecrate them anymore. Though that's hopefully just a bug, too.
Last edited by TiamatRoar on Sep 20, 2020, 12:58:30 AM
As heist league has come, I'd say raise spectres has 4 really terrible alternate quality. The only "decent" is the version which gives increased life, but I was hoping for something which gives damage (10% damage at least!). So it doesn't worth buy this gem in league
Last edited by Umbryl on Oct 7, 2020, 7:27:39 AM
Would love to see the day when we have stats info on spectre in game. Just something like the rogue follower in rogue harbor, but telling me the name of each spectre and what they do. Same for animate guardian. Besides visual, there is no way to know what is on him. Running multiple minion gems make the task of identifying spectre and AG gear difficult.
Closest I've found is this to hunt for spectre stats.

Currently using the Thaumaturgy Officer's from Heist. Haven't heard anyone else talking about them since the Syndicate Operatives are so OP atm.

Half phys/lightning. Using Triads to convert it all to lightning.

GMP/echo work with their basic projectile attacks.
*MPSHeistTemplarCasterProjectile - Deals 2146 to 3986 Lightning Damage
*MPSHeistTemplarCasterProjectilePhys - Deals 1752 to 2628 Physical Damage
*MPSHeistTemplarCasterProjectileCombined - Deals 2453 to 3679 Physical Damage, 50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage

*EASHeistMilitaryCasterBallLightning - No dmg values provided - GMP does not work, Echo does
(I've seen this skill do dmg after I die, theoretically if a boss doesn't have an ES this should kill them eventually...14 second recast delay)

*HeistCasterFlameblast - Deals 4071 to 12212 Lightning Damage - I haven't seen them use this skill yet. Maybe they don't channel as Spectres?

*GSHeistTemplarCasterChannelledBlast - Deals 2283 to 6848 Lightning Damage - Also channeled, haven't seen it used yet.

They seem plenty durable with a built in ES. I'd suggest checking them out, look really cool too. I even took my MTX off a few times due to how cool they look without it. Just a lot easier to see whos friendly with it on hah.
Hey GGG,
I am noticing something while playing a carrion golem elementalist with 2 buffing specters (carnage and host chieftains).
I am currently doing the new endgame with Maven endgame arena with much worry about my spectres,
I am currently scaling the spectre gem level to up to level 25 with a +3 minion gem helmet, +1 intelligence skill gems from an amulet and a level 21 raise spectre skill gem.
That is endgame gear which would amount to 50 exalts or so.
Why is so much effort required to keep buffing and dps spectres alive?
I think they should at least get a "increased minion maximum life" modifier that increases with gem level, that would make the enormous needed investment to keep them alive somewhat less daunting.
That would eliminate much frustration and also not offset the meta again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info