Raise Spectre

Hi!

Have a little problem I hope someone will help me with.

I'm playing a necro build using raise spectre gem. I had 3 spectres, including 1 "Defiler" that I got in Crypt level 2 area. I had to remove my gem from a socket when changing gear. Since then, I could get my Chieftain spectres back by using desecrate or going to the area where they are, but impossible to get back a defiler.... I went at least 30 times in Crypt area lvl 2 where they are suppose to be and impossible to spawn their corpses by using desecrate....

Thanks to anyone who can give me a hint for this.... I dont know what to do or what I am doing wrong.

EDIT: I'm sorry! I'M A MORON" I TRIED IN THE WRONG AREA (was trying in crypt lvl 2 in ACT 7 instead of ACT 2).... Damn I'm stupid!!!
Last edited by Frankyboy66 on Mar 4, 2021, 4:38:14 PM
Id like the 3.13 nerf to spectre gems removed. The harvest of spectres on low and medium budgets is pretty poor, Syndicate OPs dying in fights is a nightmare, and before anyone says it was my build, I was following Kays defensive build, bone offering, hp on block, etc.

I understand spectres are strong, but the nerf hit the lower end of the budget, barely touching the top end players who can still get 50mn dps.

I think boosting survivability at the low end, and reducing power at the top is a better way to go.

The previous change hurt the casual player, and barely touched the no-lifers, or was that the plan?

Also, some of the older spectres have a joke of a hp pool. Carnage chieftains, marveils retainers all die if something so much as looks at them.

A boost to the hp would be welcome.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on May 16, 2021, 2:28:28 PM
Low HP DMG spectres like Slave Drivers are DOA now with the recent gem level nerf. Also support spectres like the Charge Apes or Merveil Curse Sirenes. Basically anything below 200% base hp.

IMO if i where to use support spectres ,in the current iteration of the skill gem, i would switch to Arena Master instead of the Carnage Apes.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on May 17, 2021, 1:41:22 PM
I really wish there were more utility spectres, would be nice to use with other builds besides minions and even just having auxiliary spectres for other minion builds would be nice.
Dear @GGG Balance team.

I kindly ask, when you will again nerf the spectres next league, after this league - stop nerfing its HP.

Please start to understand, that OP of the spectres is not coming from the gem itself, it has been already nerfed quite heavily.

Hi GGG,

I was wondering if the following change to Raise Specter gems could be made.

Currently we have to store our specters in a specter bank in order to switch between them. The opportunity cost here is that you need to create a second character, level them to 28 and then store your specter. Subsequently you need to load up that character to apply your stored specters in your hideout instance.

I am wondering why we cannot just have each Raise Specter gem store these specters instead? This would result in multiple gems each with their own specters stored.

You could carry multiple gems with you and switch them out as needed while playing, or even trade the gem with the specters to other players.

If the opportunity cost is too low, you could require a Raise Specter gem of 20/20 (level/quality) in order to store your specters on the gem. Another option would be requiring a corrupted 21/23 gem to do this.

Just a thought I had which would make a lot of minion players very happy.

Now that you gutted minions and spectres several leagues in a row (and EE) it's time to buff it.

Level 20 gem level should provide at least monster level 80, not 76.
Hello GGG, I'm happy to say i cant think of any big issues with raise spectre after all of the quality of life you have given it lately, Thanks you very much for getting this skill these critical updates.

Please stay firm with keeping monster HP values at a good level to require investment into Minion HP nodes, I suspect many of these builds which were hurt severely by this change were unfortunately not investing in these nodes.

Regardless please do consider the support builds going forward as it is a beautiful example of why this game is so great that one skill could fulfill multiple roles, im excited to see where things go in the future.

If i had any comments on raise spectre as to what it needs that would be to enable the correlating unique items to be more competitive with rares which have grown in power as of late.
Innocence forgives you
Hey, sepctres are dying too easy in leveling stage, 28-50ish, that makes running them at leveling bad idea for no reason.
Also they are kinda hard to resummon compared to many other minions, so adding them some defences overall would be nice too, most problem i saw is damage over time on syrus/veritania. In other content 67+% block, hp on block, some +hp%, leech, regen, low cooldown convocation and they still dying occasionally. I don't see the point really, if my golem dies i just press button in a mid of a fight and go on, if my spectre dies, i'm going hideout, swapping equipment/gems, desecrating them back, swap equip/gems back again, reapply my auras and go back to the fight. I'm not even saying how much character's defences has to be sacrificed to keep the damage competitive to other minions / builds.
As far as i remember one of last big balance changes was on redemption sentry meta, both gem and sentries were tuned down, okay now sentries are lackluster, why don't tune them up at least to some level?
The core mechanic of raise spectre gem which makes it interesting is variability of monsters you can summon. I understand that to balance all monsters in the game for spectre purposes will require GGG to create new company "Spectre department" and hire 1000 people. What if we have like 3-5 meta monsters for spectes who will have some small attention from balancing team each league.
TL.DR Would be nice to have back a few spectres options please, there is no need to create something new, just tune up old stuff. And some defences to consider ritual of summoning, including low levels.
Last edited by Yorouichi on Apr 18, 2022, 8:12:05 AM
RIP.

In current state it's useless if you do not have FECK TONN of spare currency. Which 99% of players do not have.

Just look at 2 prev leagues, no1 already plays with this gem as main dps source.

May GGG already just delete this gem? Or at least make fair changes for casual/mid lvl players, not making changes for hight end players only?
Last edited by DontRepairYourselfMind on Aug 15, 2022, 4:25:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info