Raise Spectre

Starting to get annoyed by having to stop farm high maps because I lost my spectres -.-

GGG you really need to recreate this gem, start from scratch do whatever you have to, make it an enjoyable experience instead of the current state. It feel like the gem is still somewthing that belongs to a beta :S

Side note, can you please remove the cd that are so annoyingly forced on mobs "main" ability.
The small eyes with their lightning ball would be fun if it was not for the cd on the ability, the same with the firestorm mobs, they would be fun and viable if the cooldown was removed.
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
I honestly think the best thing for this gem, is to scale it the way desecrate scales, by allowing specters max level to scale with the level of the gem, up to 100 at level 20, while still being affected by zone level (they would downscale to the zone anyway).

This has been on my mind for a while now, and i think the gem in its current form is flawed. Not being able to reliably use specters from lower level zones, because their level from the zone makes them completely unviable as you progress into higher level zones.

Having to stop and re-summon when you find higher level specters in higher level maps and then losing them anyway when you logout is also an annoying thing that would be fixed by this.

Please change this gem, and maybe, just maybe we will see more variety in viable specters.
Last edited by unrealmack on Jul 23, 2015, 2:35:31 AM
"
unrealmack wrote:
I honestly think the best thing for this gem, is to scale it the way desecrate scales, by allowing specters max level to scale with the level of the gem, up to 100 at level 20, while still being affected by zone level (they would downscale to the zone anyway).

This has been on my mind for a while now, and i think the gem in its current form is flawed. Not being able to reliably use specters from lower level zones, because their level from the zone makes them completely unviable as you progress into higher level zones.

Having to stop and re-summon when you find higher level specters in higher level maps and then losing them anyway when you logout is also an annoying thing that would be fixed by this.

Please change this gem, and maybe, just maybe we will see more variety in viable specters.

Definitely this. Specters are too weak to run higher level maps. Not to mention our clear speed is way under any othe build out there. It's also indeed very annoying to have to get them back after each disconnect from server. Do something !
IGN: Mynesa
Last edited by Ishtaar on Jul 23, 2015, 5:50:07 PM
Raise spectre needs a massive boost, its massievely underpowered when the only viable spectre was the a4 revenant, which is now uberly nerfed beyond any efficient use end game.

I suggest a flat extra 30% damage boost and 10% attack and cast speed boost to the gem. This would help summoners massively and not in an over powered manner. Spectre cant compete with zombies or SRS, especially not SRS. Maybe they could make specters so they dont have any HP at all? And they are no longer targetable.
Last edited by Sixpackand2guns on Jul 24, 2015, 5:19:33 AM
"
unrealmack wrote:

This is an excellent idea! IF anyone from GGG reads this can they please pass this up to Chris or the head gem designer. This would just save so much hassel and introduce variety.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
We should have an option to enable Desecrate to summon corpses of your last 3 spectres.

A passive skill tree Keystone that lets us revive our dead Spectres with flask charges would be great as well, so we can keep in the action while still paying a price.
"
unrealmack wrote:

This 100%... I lost my evangilists in a map and didn't feel like going out and getting new ones so I threw down a few desecrates and grabbed 3 Incinerator mob types and was surprised that I was actually clearing faster.

When I logged out I googled and found the highest level I can get is like 63 from crematorium so that's what I use now but there is definitely a difference in DPS and health, would be so nice if they were max level, and in my opionion NO reason for them not to be. Unless it would somehow effect detonate corpse and make it OP, but I doubt that.
IGNs: Preye
Fezzak
Pinkaro

All these hotfixes and still nothing to help summoners out with the weak raise specter gem... Should all summoners go SRS or some other easy high DPS skill because you cant get it with just pure summons? Please, enough with the cookie cutter builds, give us more options.
I'm having a great time with Raise Spectre, and since everyone seems to be whining about it, let me explain how:

I play summoner, running maps (lvl 68-72 mainly, nothing super amazing). I have zombies, skeletons, a chaos golem and spectres. Lvl 18 spectre gem, no quality.

The first mistake a lot of people seem to make is that you HAVE to have some perfect matching color slots for spectres to be remotely worth it (to add LMP or spell echo or w/e). This is not the case. I have 4L spectre with minion damage, life and speed. I tried some other things (like spell echo caster spectres, and melee damage physicals) but imo it's just not worth the tradeoff of making yourself unflexible.

The second thing is: you don't have to go to Harvest, or Sceptre of God, or any place in particular, to get spectres before starting to map. You can just start your map and summon level-appropriate spectres in there. I have yet to see my first map that has nothing worth summoning as spectre.

In general, when playing summoner like this, I noticed two things about spectres:
- They are my strongest attackers, pretty much always.
- They never die. Even my 22k HP chaos golem dies faster than spectres. The only way to make my spectres die is to let all my other minions and myself die first, and then wait with rezzing long enough for them to finally fight themselves to death (though even then they sometimes win the fight and don't die, lol).

So I can only conclude that Raise Spectre is awesome. It's not at all in a bad position right now. Is it in a bad position for people who build around spectre, and don't want to use any other minions? Perhaps. But I don't think that's a problem. There is no "specterer", there is only "summoner". If spectres alone aren't enough, then that's why zombies and skeletons exist.
Last edited by Miathan51 on Jul 29, 2015, 10:31:18 AM
Is it possible to be reconected to the game et keep the last spectre we have raise?

Exemple :

I'm in map but I lost connection or GGG serveur crash.

At the moment you have to go in area et summon your specter again and again and again.

It will be easier to be reconnected with the last spectre summonned.

Thanks.
Last edited by Darkbiquette666 on Aug 6, 2015, 8:58:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info