Elemental Hit

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
Oh, almost forgot, please add an animation for it other than 'basic attack', because that is the only thing this skill is truly lacking.

I have to agree here, i find myself actually stop playing an ele hit build mainly cause of that. Yeah i'm superficial gamer who like is shiny avatar. :P
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
I tried using it with my quill rain build after explosive arrow was nerfed into uselessness, but I have the same problem as everyone else: mana.

I was using blood magic, 1.3k hp, 40 regen/sec and my ele hit was costing over 50 per shot. Suffice to say, 5 attacks per second means I have to use a flask every time I engage an enemy that doesn't die in one or two hits, and even then I still outstripped my flask heal rate with my attack speed.

The issue here is that you tried to use it with Quill Rain more than anything, really. Quill Rain also reduces Elemental Hit damage, so your final damage output is pretty crap. Low damage per hit means you want more support gems to compensate. Support gems + overkill attack speed + low damage per hit -> no mana.
I have a blood magic Marauder with QR + EH and it works fine for me. But I'm running anger and wrath too. And "fending" so my attacks have a decent knockback chance. Got 1000~ DPS at LVL 55, so it's pretty good.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Have this gem disapered from defeult league , cant seem to fint it in the start quest rewards
hack and slash , all the day :)

Proud beta member since patch 0.9.5!
"
Rakutsi wrote:
Have this gem disapered from defeult league , cant seem to fint it in the start quest rewards
I believe they removed it from the quest rewards to keep it rather rare. I've had a couple drop (that I've held on to), so they shouldn't be too rare.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
How does Elemental Hit work with "Increased Projectile damage" ?

When used with a bow is the attack itself considered a projectile or just an elemental damage, is the arrow the only thing counted as a projectile in this scenario?
IGN Suojata
The damage was dealt by a projectile and is therefore projectile damage
I find it somewhat confusing that the damage from the explosion from explosive arrow does not get the -damage from Quill Rain but the elemental damage from EH does get -damage from Quill Rain.

Yes I think I know the explanation for it but just wanted to point out that its confusing for current players let alone someone who is relatively new to the game.

I think I would prefer that they both go one way or the other. Both sources of damage come from a weapon so you could say they both should get it, or you could say that neither of them get it because they aren't physical damage from the bow itself. Oh well

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Nov 30, 2012, 7:09:56 AM
If they all got weapon damage mods, Explosive Arrow would work with WED, though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
iamstryker wrote:
I find it somewhat confusing that the damage from the explosion from explosive arrow does not get the -damage from Quill Rain but the elemental damage from EH does get -damage from Quill Rain.

Wasn't this changed a while ago? Fairly certain the explosion now suffers from the penalty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info