Elemental Hit

EE and "It will avoid choosing the same element twice in a row."
Assuming no jewels so all three damage types.
Assume in the examples below that the order is F->L->C->F->L->C for simplicity.

How is this achieved? Is it tracked on the player or the mob?

If on the player:

a) Party members may hit with the same type immediately after each other?
b) What about traps+cluster/multiple (mines as well of course):

1) Assuming player/trap did F last, all traps spawn with same dmg type, which is L.
2) Assuming player/trap did F last, 1 trap L, 1 trap C, 1 trap F etc.
3) Assuming player/trap did F last, each trap has independent tracking and thus dmg type of each trap is random.
4) Assuming player/trap did F last, traps have independent tracking but the throw determines the dmg type, thus all traps have same random element.

Tracking on the mob would guarantee no overlaps, but I would assume that tracking on each different mob is too much overhead and thus not used?

Last edited by jacknj on Jun 6, 2018, 4:26:02 AM
Is Elemental Hit supposed to have a "Projectile" tag?

Slower Projectiles and Pierce Support both say that they support "Projectile" skills and work with Elemental Hit, but +2 Socketed Projectile Gems gives nothing to Elemental Hit. Is this intended?
"
jacknj wrote:
EE and "It will avoid choosing the same element twice in a row."
Assuming no jewels so all three damage types.
Assume in the examples below that the order is F->L->C->F->L->C for simplicity.

How is this achieved? Is it tracked on the player or the mob?

If on the player:

a) Party members may hit with the same type immediately after each other?
b) What about traps+cluster/multiple (mines as well of course):

1) Assuming player/trap did F last, all traps spawn with same dmg type, which is L.
2) Assuming player/trap did F last, 1 trap L, 1 trap C, 1 trap F etc.
3) Assuming player/trap did F last, each trap has independent tracking and thus dmg type of each trap is random.
4) Assuming player/trap did F last, traps have independent tracking but the throw determines the dmg type, thus all traps have same random element.

Tracking on the mob would guarantee no overlaps, but I would assume that tracking on each different mob is too much overhead and thus not used?

same question here, whenever i hit the air or the mobs EH shows it does not avoid same element.
"
SurvivorSeb wrote:

Slower Projectiles and Pierce Support both say that they support "Projectile" skills and work with Elemental Hit, but +2 Socketed Projectile Gems gives nothing to Elemental Hit. Is this intended?

Point blank does nothing either - the tree node that is, from my testing.

Last edited by jacknj on Jun 7, 2018, 4:54:18 PM
"
jacknj wrote:
"
SurvivorSeb wrote:

Point blank does nothing either - the tree node that is, from my testing.

Point Blank almost certainly works, as do almost all other support gems / tree nodes that support projectile skills. Elemental Hit has the same tag as Frenzy (Bow tag), but I feel as though the +2 Projectile Skills corruption should also include gems tagged with Bow.

To put things into perspective, with a +2 Projectile Gems on a Frostferno, I can get +6 to Wildstrike but only +4 to Elemental Hit. Wildstrike is tagged with Projectile even though it is a melee namelock skill due to the cold component. It's just bizarre to be that Wildstrike should benefit from +2 to Projectile Gems but Elemental Hit and Frenzy do not.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160039
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info