Elemental Hit

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:21:30 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:23:18 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The damage shown in the skill popup is not shown increased because it's not an amount of damage you character will deal, and hence those increases don't apply to it yet.
When the attack is made, one of the elements is chosen and the appropriate amount of base damage is added, at which point it's actual damage on the attack and is affected by the increases.
This is also why it is currently not shown in the DPS, etc. on the character sheet.
after using both, I have found that poison arrow does better single target dps, aoe dps (which elemental hit doesn't even have) and costs less mana than elemental hit. Right now there is absolutely no reason to choose elemental hit over poison arrow.

elemental hit should be king of single-target dps as far as bow skills go

both gems/skills were tested without any support gems socketed.
Hunter lvl 30, though used this skill only 1-10 before it was replaced completely by poison arrow.

This lost out to poison arrow despite its lower mana cost. I haven't used it since maybe level 10, but am still leveling it.

I'd still like to see this as a support gem instead of active skill.

However as an active skill, it needs a bit more. Maybe an increased chance of elemental effect (freeze/burn/shock) for the elment applied of 10% or so would help it compete and be somewhat different - and also give it synergy with elemental weakness. You could nearly make a build around that.

I think one of the problems is low availability of elemental +% damage for hunters. You can't just take fire% or light% mods on gear/passives because you only get that type 1 out of 3 times, and therefore it doesn't scale very well compared to poison arrow - which scales automatically with a new bow, with projectile passives, etc...
Out of interest, has anyone been trying this with wand builds?
Everyone is probably waiting for the 6th class to do Wand builds. Wand builds just scream "Frenzy + Dual Wield."
See, I much prefer elemental hit with multiple projectiles as my dex/int dual-wand build, as wands have a bit of a thing going in the passives with elemental damage. I agree frenzy is good, though - I'd probably just have it as unsupported level 1 (for low cost) and use it to build up / maintain charges (although I haven't tried that part yet), but I'm not even sure frenzy's needed.
Well, Frenzy is pretty OP.

Also, your slight obsession with Wand builds... So you are the guy who is responsible for 90% of my Wand drops having incredibly useless +accuracy, physical damage, physical crit, etc. stuff?

Jerk.
Is cold to fire support gem aply convertion on ele hit cold prock? Asked this cause i prefer damage instead of crowd control in pve and looking for something that can be swaped with melee physical damage in 0.9.5 for my bow ranger. Also does weapon elemental damage support works with ele hit procks?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Out of interest, has anyone been trying this with wand builds?

Out of curiosity, is this good in internal wand builds with the unreleased class because no other skills really work with wands?

What other potentially attractive active skills works on them?

Dual Strike? Nope melee only
Double Strike? Nope, wands specifically excluded
Dominating Blow? Nope melee only
Split/Poison/Explosive Arrow? Bows only

So maybe this is good for wand builds because it's this and/or frenzy and without competition it is the "best"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info