Elemental Hit

I don't have time to play much so haven't gotten a character to a high enough level to say the build is good. I choose elemental hit because I like the elemental damage association wands already have on passives and the sex/int class has access to lots of critical strike stuff to work with that as well.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I don't have time to play much so haven't gotten a character to a high enough level to say the build is good. I choose elemental hit because I like the elemental damage association wands already have on passives and the sex/int class has access to lots of critical strike stuff to work with that as well.

ahh the good old sex/int class...
Last edited by Darkfyre on Dec 10, 2011, 9:58:01 PM
I personally think this would be more interesting if it scaled.

If it was like this(just examples):

5% random element damage of physical damage dealt. If the physical part critical hits: Two random elements proc. Upped by 1% per level of gem or so.

Or give it a onhit-effect that would stack up to 3. giving target elemental weakness by 3%/6%/9%

"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Out of interest, has anyone been trying this with wand builds?

Out of curiosity, is this good in internal wand builds with the unreleased class because no other skills really work with wands?

What other potentially attractive active skills works on them?

Dual Strike? Nope melee only
Double Strike? Nope, wands specifically excluded
Dominating Blow? Nope melee only
Split/Poison/Explosive Arrow? Bows only

So maybe this is good for wand builds because it's this and/or frenzy and without competition it is the "best"?

Wands have best base crit chance, u can easy get like 40-50% flat crit and 500-700% crit damage in high lvls with this stats u dont need other skills. Ele hit 12+ quality+increase criticals support+increase critical damage support+multiple projectiles\faster atacks, all crit passives and all crit jewelry that easy to get in ruthless\merciless act2 vendor. And u win this game.

P.S.
Mark_GGG answer plz my quetion in previous page.
"
ykyshaeq wrote:

Wands have best base crit chance, u can easy get like 40-50% flat crit and 500-700% crit damage in high lvls with this stats u dont need other skills. Ele hit 12+ quality+increase criticals support+increase critical damage support+multiple projectiles\faster atacks, all crit passives and all crit jewelry that easy to get in ruthless\merciless act2 vendor. And u win this game.

That's fine and all, but none of this really has anything to do with elemental hit. You could socket any other skill with all that stuff remains true, if there were other skills that worked with wands. It doesn't mean elemental hit is a competitive skill, it could just mean you can do a crit build with wands because of the high base crit.
Elemental Hit would be epic if it had a slight AOE burst when it struck. Then Wand builds would suddenly become very viable.

Or perhaps a gem that uses wands and converts it's damage to elemental damage and then that has a slight AOE on hit.

I love the idea of a wand-er, but I just don't feel like there is a decent AOE to go along with it.
POE, Diablo III, and Torchlight 2... what, who says I can't enjoy all of them?
"
ykyshaeq wrote:
Is cold to fire support gem aply convertion on ele hit cold prock? Asked this cause i prefer damage instead of crowd control in pve and looking for something that can be swaped with melee physical damage in 0.9.5 for my bow ranger. Also does weapon elemental damage support works with ele hit procks?
Elemental hit works by adding base damage of one element to the skill stats just before damage calculation. It will act exactly like that particular element is part of the base damage of this hit. So yes, if the added damage is cold it can be converted to fire, and it's increased by weapon elemental damage increases.
"
Zaanus wrote:

That's fine and all, but none of this really has anything to do with elemental hit. You could socket any other skill with all that stuff remains true, if there were other skills that worked with wands. It doesn't mean elemental hit is a competitive skill, it could just mean you can do a crit build with wands because of the high base crit.

1st only elemental hit have good sinergy with crit based ranged builds, cause it get 3% additional crit chance multipler per quality, 60% on 20% quality = 6% flat crit chance with wands.
2nd only this skill have high direct damage and add it to weapon based atack.
Unavailable

Wands have very low base damage for use it with added percentage damage skills like frenzy, with ele hit u dont care about +100% additional physical damage mods and high base damage weapon.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Elemental hit works by adding base damage of one element to the skill stats just before damage calculation. It will act exactly like that particular element is part of the base damage of this hit. So yes, if the added damage is cold it can be converted to fire, and it's increased by weapon elemental damage increases.

Thanks for reply.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I had a dual wand duelist using elemental hit in 0.9.2, he performed quite well. I plan to reroll him in 0.9.4, if I have time...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
I'm using a wand witch. Currently level 52, halfway through act 2 merciless, default league. The name is TheFireStarta.

I got the avatar of Fire keystone and the elemental weapon damage passives near it, plus the burn damage increases for a total of +75% burn damage.

After that I've gone for the 2 nearest frenzy charge nodes and having 4 frenzy charges is a must at all times now (I also got Conduit for 2 more skill points on my way to the dex tree).

As far as elemental hit goes, I'm using 2 of them, one for grups, one for single targets.

Groups (only 4 sockets, need 6): ele hit + faster attacks + multiple projectiles + critical chance

Single Targets: ele hit + faster projectiles (got nothing better atm) + weapon elemental damage + critical damage

Both of them use about 1/10 of my mana per attack, but it's not a problem because damage is very high (and i have a surgeon mana flask :P)

Also, Flask Knock Back works with wands, even if it says "melee attacks". Is this a bug?

The general feedback is that the skill works fine for me, i dont need to keep the level of the gem too low for now, i hope it will be ok when i get a goos 6 sockets armor.

Also, to all the guys who say that elemental hit is crap compared to other attacks, do you know what's the quality bonus on elemental hit? It's 60% increased critical hit chance for 20% quality. Do I need to say more? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info