Elemental Hit

I tried ele hit with the best set up (imo), but still feels lacking.

Tripanon - Always Crit.
Ele Hit - Multistrike - Faster Attack - WED - Splash - 6th link Crit Damage

Inquisitor sub-class, -- Inevitable Judgement / Augury

other best uniques - MArylene amulet, facebreakers fro HUGE crit multi
WED rings, belt.

scales well with Heralds, HoT HoI procs all the time.

what I feels lacking - clear speed. splash is small. and not reliable freeze, since it just choose from 3 elements. HoI little cold damage not freezing or very short.

switch to other skills with same tree, much much smoother.

my wish list for EH :
1. give it innate AOE for melee, the bigger the better.
2. buff the damage! I think EH base damage is .. so so
3. give some chance to proc another element
4. lower the mana cost
5. instead of 10% chance to status, give it 10% chance to proc charge based on element on kill. fire - EC, cold -FC, lite - PC, to give some incentive to play EH.
Elemental hit just plain sucks. GGG if there is some secret use for elemental hit, Please tell us. I want to know your reason for making it so weak. EE definitely doesn't help this skill out. EO helps out a bit, but it helps out other skills a LOT more.

WHY ARE YOU SO SILENT?!!
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on May 28, 2016, 9:45:21 AM
Been playing around with Elemental Hit almost exclusively this expansion.

*Elemental Hit doesn't have any innate AOE for pack clear, so don't FORCE it to be! Elemental Hit is best used as a SINGLE target dps for ATTACK SPEED / ON HIT builds not reliant on % PHYS increases.

*For pack clear, use Split Arrow or Reave for bow/melee respectively.

*Elemental Hit dps is deceptive, since the random added damage is not calculated and factored in. Use Split Arrow or Reave tooltip as base. EH benefits MORE from WED, ELE Focus, Multi-Strike, Faster Attacks than either Split Arrow or Reave. Currently as a level 83 Raider with ok gear, no % gems, and 4Link... I have 42k tooltip dps for both Ele Hit and Reave with all self-buffs. Actual Ele Hit dps estimated to be 60k+ when factoring added damage component. When getting a more finalized build, will update with screenshots of unbuffed vs buffed dps.

Here are a few ways of building Ele Hit as a melee:

Ranger Start (Raider) going high crit chance / crit multiplier of Thrusting Swords, evasion/dodge, and attack speed.

Easily, build can reach 350% Crit Multiplier, which is one way to look at overcoming elemental resistances. Instead of using 1 or 2 pen gems, the player just crits hard, which gets reduced so that Elemental Reflect doesn't punish you (you also dodge a lot of reflect and when you take reflect its one of a bunch of smaller packets of damage) but you still end up doing solid damage per second.

Witch ( Elementalist) starting as traditional spell caster up to end of Cruel. Can go claw, dagger, or thrusting swords for high attack speed, crit chance, or mix of both.

25% tri-ele pen from ascendancy + 6% from tree = 31% passive tri-elemental penetration, which is the equivalent of all 3 Penetration gems at Level 14. Also gains 50% mitigation from ele reflect and choice of Ele Conflux or Golem buffs. Obviously, scales best for end-game but has less access to attack speed in Ascendancy than Shadow or Ranger.

Shadow (Trickster) has strongest early scaling with easy access to elemental damage, attack speed, and crit very early on. This comes at reduced survivability in the later game though.
Last edited by BowmasterSol on Jun 23, 2016, 1:21:08 AM
In my opinion, the building for EHit is a little limited, and maybe a bit lackluster at the end of the day. The flat damage and the elemental randomness are key to the skill, though, in my opinion. My thoughts on balancing the ability would be to buff the damage heavily, but then have an "elemental discharge" effect on repeated use that drops the damage for a stacking but set-duration debuff (1 stack lasts 4 seconds, as an example, not refreshing upon new stacks). This would do a few things:

1. encourage slow weapons, discourage attack speed, therefore making distinctly powerful paths between a build that stacks all on-hits they can, and a slower Elemental Equilibrium build.
2. Open the path toward possibly "spellweaving" the ability between other attacks/spells.
3. Allow for more power early in a skirmish, which will help melee builds clear the battlefield down to a select few targets before feeling the grind, and to gain benefits from an evasive, kiting-type kit. I feel this would benefit ranged characters less than melee, though I could be wrong.

All in all, I think this would be an interesting direction to take the skill!
2.4 patch notes are out. Lots of low-damage skills have been buffed across the board. :)

But, not Elemental Hit, of course.
Looks like GGG forgot Elemental hit again. :(
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I don't know if someone already made this suggestion ...

But I think that Elemental Hit could have AOE or chaining to make this gem viable to play.

I tried to play this gem in four chars ... Melee, Bow and the damage sucks ... Nothing worth to make a descent build.
2.5.0 and now Grand Spectrum is nerfed. There are already too few elemental damage increases in the passive skill tree, now this. If GGG wanted to nerf something else via Grand Spectrum, then at least boost EH at the same time. What the heck, GGG? Nerfing your most under-powered skill?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Dec 2, 2016, 8:13:59 AM
This skill is absolutely not interesting mechanically.
Just basic attack with some numbers slapped on it.

Given that we have Wild Strike for melee weapons and Barrage for ranged, Elemental Hit should be removed from the game.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 11, 2017, 2:47:30 PM
Could this skill become viable with new Grand Spectrum? 90% elemental damage from 3 jewels.
Last edited by osesek on Jun 11, 2017, 6:02:14 AM
This skill gem should be on INT instead of DEX.

And it's damage should be like (converting 60% physical damage to elemental damage)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info