Elemental Hit

You use to be able to get it as a reward for the 1st boss, but not anymore. I never see lightning strike either, but that might have changed.
Yeah I am wondering how to get it :(
The issue I see with this gem is that it's upredictable, and it's the wrong color. If I want to play with it I'm normally playing a paladin who has a lot of weapon damage buffs, or a marauder who is dipping into the paladin area of the tree.

If I'm trying to use elemental equalibrium as a caster I can't guarantee what the next strike will be strategically, and I need to get dex to keep leveling the gem up. If I'm trying to use it with catalyze I also need to dip into the dex part of the tree even though I'm set up for strength and intelligence.

It should be either a red or a blue gem, but somehow it's green. I find so many green gems it's not even funny. They seem to be the most common skills in the game from my personal experience, and this one just seems like it shouldn't be green at all. No dexterity nodes support this skill.
Last edited by JohnChance on Aug 3, 2012, 12:16:34 PM
Dex nodes are actually very synergisitc with Elemental hit. It deals flat damage to a single target (or multiple if you have Multiple Projectiles), meaning attack speed has a large effect on its damage output. Attack speed is most common in the Dex regions, and there's Frenzy and Haste to further increase attack speed.
I'm wondering why elemental hit is missing as a starter gem, and why it actually seems to be unavailable as a quest reward at all to anyone...
Probably a bug?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Unlike most other weapons skills that modify base weapon damage, this gem is nearly useless if it's not kept up to level with the character using it.

Not having it as an early quest reward means having to trade for it, then letting it sit in a socket unused until you can grind enough exp for it to catch up in levels.
Gems do not suffer from the Exp penalty for killing lower level mobs, so you can bulldozer some lower level areas rapidly to level up gems quickly. Can't always get something for nothing ;)
This has probably already been mentioned a lot but this skill really needs some nice obvious effects based on what element is shot. Right now it just looks like I'm shooting normal arrows.
I've been building for Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Hit. (White_Materia) I've noticed that %weapon elemental damage does NOT affect the skill at all. I have a 20% ammy, 20% scepter, 61% support gem and it does not make the damage any bigger. I hoped that it was a UI glitch but I tried it on mobs and it does not do any more damage. The kill speed is still quick (Mari in 90 sec) and if it was fixed it'd be even better! I hope that this can be fixed. Thanks and take care.
"
Dubsteps wrote:
I've been building for Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Hit. (White_Materia) I've noticed that %weapon elemental damage does NOT affect the skill at all. I have a 20% ammy, 20% scepter, 61% support gem and it does not make the damage any bigger. I hoped that it was a UI glitch but I tried it on mobs and it does not do any more damage. The kill speed is still quick (Mari in 90 sec) and if it was fixed it'd be even better! I hope that this can be fixed. Thanks and take care.
It does affect it, but can't display on the skill popup, which can only show the base damage as that damage isn't a part of the skill until it hits. This is a known issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info