Elemental Hit

"
LXj wrote:
I'm surprised nobody tried Elemental Hit-based builds with Elemental Equilibrium

That's just what I came here to post about. Ele equib is good with it, as long as you have no +fire / cold / lit equip AT ALL. Ele hit + lesser proj got me all the way through chaos as a wand templar so it's viable.

Right now he's wand + shield, but I'm also trying bow, and dual wand.
"
Saffell wrote:
"
LXj wrote:
I'm surprised nobody tried Elemental Hit-based builds with Elemental Equilibrium

That's just what I came here to post about. Ele equib is good with it, as long as you have no +fire / cold / lit equip AT ALL. Ele hit + lesser proj got me all the way through chaos as a wand templar so it's viable.

Right now he's wand + shield, but I'm also trying bow, and dual wand.

I read through the whole topic and i was surprised that actually no one before mentioned this. Sadly i didn't yet have the chance to try this gem with any build, but Elemntal equilibrium was the first thing that came to my mind when i read the description (maybe even a small change could be done to the skill to make it even more usefull for EE - when you hit a monster with one element the next hit gets a 'weighted random', where the element which landed the last hit has a bit lower chance to be choosen again).

Anyway i thought about a build for a wand wielding templar(either wand+shield or dual wand) and this might be interesting: Link

EDIT: did some minor changes to the build

EDIT2: another variant of the above build ignoring wan passive nodes and going for even more boosted elemental damages (and havig a bit more inteligence): Link
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on May 1, 2012, 10:41:37 AM
If you never get hit that might be good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWzIfPXkOE&feature=youtu.be

Here is video of 68lvl witch using ele hit as main solo target skill.
Has anyone tried this skill with catalyze?
Yes, prior to the migration I had a templar ranger with Catalyze, Celestial Walker and elem hit.

It did very well, 1 shotting whites and 3 - 4 shotting yellows / bosses. Plan to remake it this patch once I get the needed ranger gems stashed.
I have yet to see this in the new patch. Making me sad.
What's the required DEX in order to max out Elemental Hit? I think such info should be provided to every gem...
Still not in the quest rewards...
What has this skill done to deserve that ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
I Finally found it in a barrel. This and lightning strike I never get from quest rewards.
Last edited by Lactose on May 22, 2012, 11:27:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info